Beyerdynamic Manufaktur's Gooey Gel Ear Seals! (770, 880, 990)
Dec 8, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #106 of 136

Quote:
i really like mine
smily_headphones1.gif
. one of the 2 earpads was a pain to put on but i got it.
smily_headphones1.gif
.some pics
biggrin.gif

img

Hell of a view

Dec 17, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #107 of 136
These gel pads are a real pain in the ass to install
angry_face.gif

Been trying it for 20 minutes now on my 770's and I don't seem to get it done, arrgggg

edit: finally got them on. Had to remove the cans from the headband

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #108 of 136
Hello folks!

I hope you don't mind my bringing up a thread that has been left alone for a while, but I was wondering the following:

How are these gel pads installed? Is there a recessed groove along the circumference?

I am wondering this because I think these could work great with some Grados!

Thanks in advance,
-AndreyS

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #109 of 136
Don't worry, AndreyS. Everybody is happy for the reminder that the picture at the beginning of this thread exists.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #110 of 136

Quote:
Hello folks!

I hope you don't mind my bringing up a thread that has been left alone for a while, but I was wondering the following:

How are these gel pads installed? Is there a recessed groove along the circumference?

I am wondering this because I think these could work great with some Grados!

Thanks in advance,
-AndreyS

They fit Denon 5000. I think Grados are smaller. I want to know,  too.

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #112 of 136
I'm going to order these for my T1's since i have some comfort issues with the velour ones. Sweaty ears be damned it's almost always cool here anyways. If i don't like the sound i might go experimenting with some velour on the inside maybe that will provide the best of both world's. And if i really don't like them maybe i can put them on my AKG 271s phones.

Nov 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #114 of 136
I just bought some of these this weekend. I hope they improve the comfort of the DT-770 I have. These things sure are expensive! I think I paid around $53 shipped from B&H.

BTW most Beyerdynamic DT-770-990 pads fit the K240 Studio. Whatever you do, if you plan on using them again with your Beyer headphone, don't even think about trying it!! It will stretch out the pad too much and ruin them.
It's actually a cheaper alternative to the AKG velour pads. Don't remember how they sound.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #116 of 136
I got these in the mail today. Is it wrong to laugh out loud when you unbox these? They remind me of...oh nevermind. I think the only time that happened is when I opened an XB700.
Thankfully they're super easy to attach. I don't know if they changed them, but it took me about 15 seconds for each pad. You guys work your way around right?
normal_smile%20.gif

Maybe all the practice of removing my DJ100 pads has paid off!

If you're one of those weird people who find the DT-880 uncomfortable, you should try these! Feels weird at first due to how cold they were.

I bet this would be a nice solution for the DT-880's foam driver covering smashing my ears. Those cups as so shallow that I can't use the DT-880. I bet these would help!

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #117 of 136
I went crazy putting it on Sony MDR-ZX700. It was so easy, because it was way larger than ZX700. Wow, slightly echoy and rolling bass, I truly enjoy this "fun bass" sound. It possibly saves me a few hundred dollars NOT to buy a Sony XB1000. I'm trying to put "socks" on it, because my ears were sweaty after an hour.
By the way, Sony ZX700 pads fit V6, just have you to know.

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #118 of 136
Tried these on a K240 Studio also. They will fit..but it's almost impossible to get them on. Maybe if I had 3 hands. I spent about 10 minutes trying and gave up.

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #119 of 136
Hey guys, where do i buey The clear gel pads for 990 pro, since on the website of Beyer I only see gel pads for some aviators...

Dec 6, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #120 of 136

Quote:
Tried these on a K240 Studio also. They will fit..but it's almost impossible to get them on. Maybe if I had 3 hands. I spent about 10 minutes trying and gave up.

Maybe using some Japanese food sticks to support the pads' lips? Just a thought.

I'm too interested if these would fit on a Fostex T50RP. What are their dimensions? How stretchable are the lips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back