Beyerdynamic Manufaktur's Gooey Gel Ear Seals! (770, 880, 990)
Dec 15, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #121 of 136

Quote:
Hey guys, where do i buey The clear gel pads for 990 pro, since on the website of Beyer I only see gel pads for some aviators...

I just ordered them from B&H.  I think I got the last pair though. 
beyersmile.png

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #123 of 136
Today a sales manager at Beyerdynamic told me that the clear gel earpads (Beyerdynamic EDT 300 GT) have been discontinued:

The clear ear gel seals are discontinued. The black ear gel seals are still available which is part # 900799 which May be purchased on our website.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #124 of 136
Tried to order from Amazon, only to find out they don't ship it to Aus....

B&H ships to Australia, but the cost of shipping is almost the same as the cost of the seals themselves...

Might have to give this mod a miss..

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #126 of 136
I too tried to order the white/clear gels on Amazon, they have been discontinued as was mentioned.  I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the black versions on comfort/sound.  I read some scant reports but nothing concrete.  I'm about to just pull the trigger on the black ones and see for myself - on my Pro700MK2's and a DT860.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #127 of 136
I've read that the black ones have some sort of weird coating on them that slowly flakes off and makes them uncomfortable but I don't have any first hand experience.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #129 of 136
Quote:
I suspect that black ones are just painted white ones.. So maybe one can try to un-coat them.

Well its not paint but it is an extra layer of something on top of the clear ones FWIR.

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #131 of 136
Quote:
I too tried to order the white/clear gels on Amazon, they have been discontinued as was mentioned.  I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the black versions on comfort/sound.  I read some scant reports but nothing concrete.  I'm about to just pull the trigger on the black ones and see for myself - on my Pro700MK2's and a DT860.

i have the black gels on my pro700mk2's, they fit, not perfectly as they arent so secure but they also wont fall off on their own unless you hit them with a good amount of force, i did a quick mini review on them in the basshead thread earlier today

Jul 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #132 of 136
to the above, the black gels come with a thin vinyl like skin, acting similarly to what pleather does around memory foam on regular pads, i cant say whether or not they flake over time as i've only had them for a day, but they are crazy comfortable and dont make my ears sweat over time, lol my ears barely touch anything as is, the chamber is that big, it almost feels like the headphones are floating in mid air

maybe if you took them outside on a hot day you might expierence discomfort, but i only plan to listen to these indoors anyway so the its a moot point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back