Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #62 of 464
I just checked those out. Those are cool   
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #64 of 464
Cool! If you think they are a little bright try modding them like I did the 770's

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #65 of 464
  Cool! If you think they are a little bright try modding them like I did the 770's

Not bright at all to me.
But, I just found out I am deaf!
I did an online hearing test, and I cant hear past 14-15K at all anymore.
I thought maybe the speakers and phones etc (I tried em all ) werent getting full frequency response, or my sound card was the problem.
Nope, my daughter can hear all the way up to 21K, and was screaming when 18K came on, and I didnt hear S**T!!
So thats why some of us think thing are bright when others (like me) dont.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #66 of 464
Thats true. Us headphone addicts have to be careful with how long and how loud we listen to our music!

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #67 of 464
  Thats true. Us headphone addicts have to be careful with how long and how loud we listen to our music!

I have blasted music since I was 13.

I had hearing that was ridiculous as a young kid.
I could hear high frequencies nobody could, and they were so ANNOYING, like the security system inside the Thriftys by our house.
It was so loud and buzzing, but nobody could hear it besides me.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #69 of 464
  I can relate. I accidentally fell asleep one night with HD-600's on and my hearing hasn't been the same since. I got a noticable ringing after that.

I had tinnitis for yrs and yrs.
I stopped listening to loud music for a while, and realized it had mostly gone.
Now if I use radio or phones too loud it rings all night.

I am trying to me more moderate, but I keep finding myself turning it up.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #71 of 464
I am also a DT770 Pro 250 ohm owner. I have them paired with a Racoon SG300 tube DAC AMP combo. It is a nice setup. I will say though that I find the bass on this headphone to be a bit too bloated and boomy. It can be muddy, and really lacking control at times. I have used these headphones on a sound blaster Z card, a Fiio E10, and now the Racoon SG300. The headphones definitely sound the best on the Racoon tube DAC AMP combo, however, it is still not perfect to my ears. I keep wishing that I had gone with the DT880 Pro 250 ohm instead. They have a more balanced sound, and smoother, less boomy low end. I am willing to sacrifice a bit of bass buying a another headphone. I am wanting a pair that tightens it up, and offers better control. I do really enjoy the DT770 Pro, but I am considering adding another pair of headphones to my setup. The AKG Q701 is a less bassy, but great sounding pair of cans. I am sure they would benefit greatly from the Racoon tube amp, adding some warmth. The Beyer DT880 Pro, and Hifiman HE-400 are on my list right now as well . I have been told that the HE-400 is a bassy headphone, but it is completely tight and controlled. On the plus side though, the Racoon SG300 totally improved the recessed midrange on the DT770 Pro. It is a night and day difference.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #73 of 464
  I am also a DT770 Pro 250 ohm owner. I have them paired with a Racoon SG300 tube DAC AMP combo. It is a nice setup. I will say though that I find the bass on this headphone to be a bit too bloated and boomy. It can be muddy, and really lacking control at times. I have used these headphones on a sound blaster Z card, a Fiio E10, and now the Racoon SG300. The headphones definitely sound the best on the Racoon tube DAC AMP combo, however, it is still not perfect to my ears. I keep wishing that I had gone with the DT880 Pro 250 ohm instead. They have a more balanced sound, and smoother, less boomy low end. I am willing to sacrifice a bit of bass buying a another headphone. I am wanting a pair that tightens it up, and offers better control. I do really enjoy the DT770 Pro, but I am considering adding another pair of headphones to my setup. The AKG Q701 is a less bassy, but great sounding pair of cans. I am sure they would benefit greatly from the Racoon tube amp, adding some warmth. The Beyer DT880 Pro, and Hifiman HE-400 are on my list right now as well . I have been told that the HE-400 is a bassy headphone, but it is completely tight and controlled. On the plus side though, the Racoon SG300 totally improved the recessed midrange on the DT770 Pro. It is a night and day difference.

I guess every opinion is different.
I say this because I heard from several people that the 990s are bassy, and it couldnt be less true to my ears.
I have EQ's the bass up some, but still not enough.
I am going to try a nice tube amp before I give up on them though, that and replace the ear pads.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #74 of 464
Bassman999 if you are considering another headphone. I definately think you would enjoy the 770's more than the 880's. I think the 880's are going to be lacking the highs that you need. Plus you will get more Bass if you get the 80ohm version.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #75 of 464

What kind of music do you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back