Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #46 of 464
So I wanted to leave an update on the mod.

First I think it lets the mids and vocals come out a little more so it sounds more lifelike.

Second Cymbals also sound more real than they did before. So the highs are better balanced now.

Third and not least I can listen to music longer without fatigue. I've listened to them for hours no problem. Which is a big plus.

Conclusions: I'm definately happy with the changes it made and I'm definately going to keep them like this. It added many benefits and no drawbacks. So thanks for the tip Matrixnobu. I didn't think I could get better sound than I already had. And like you said it only took 5 minutes! Ok maybe 10 for me because I had to find a real small screwdriver to remove the ring that held the foam in place.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #48 of 464
Portable? Home? I'm partial to tubes but ymmv. Lots of good options....I have used a fiio E11, Bravo V2, Indeed G3, Project sunrise II, Fournier HTA2, Crack, and the magni. It likes power but isn't fussy about it IMO

Mar 30, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #52 of 464
  I would prob defer to someone who knows more about higher end equip. Of what I've heard first hand if you're handy with a soldering iron the bottlehead crack can't be beat but it's for high impedance cans only. Wouldn't drive anything else very good (sensitive cans). Project ember is a good choice because all the tuning options, ie it will drive sensitive(32ohm) up to 600ohm. Really worth checking out at the garage 1217 website. Other than that someone else will hopefully chime in with more expensive gear. I'm sure something from schiit would work but I like stuff on the cheap FWIW

Mar 30, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #54 of 464
I like Audio GD stuff IMHO.

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #56 of 464
  So I wanted to leave an update on the mod.

First I think it lets the mids and vocals come out a little more so it sounds more lifelike.

Second Cymbals also sound more real than they did before. So the highs are better balanced now.

Third and not least I can listen to music longer without fatigue. I've listened to them for hours no problem. Which is a big plus.

Conclusions: I'm definately happy with the changes it made and I'm definately going to keep them like this. It added many benefits and no drawbacks. So thanks for the tip Matrixnobu. I didn't think I could get better sound than I already had. And like you said it only took 5 minutes! Ok maybe 10 for me because I had to find a real small screwdriver to remove the ring that held the foam in place.

This was the Tissue behind the driver mod you did?

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #57 of 464
It's not behind the driver. I put the 2 pieces of toilette paper the size of the driver right in front of it. So all you have to do is take of the ring that holds everything in. And just lift the foam cover off and put the paper on top of the driver without ever taking the driver out.

Hope this helps. Maybe I will take pictures and post them.

Mar 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #58 of 464
  It's not behind the driver. I put the 2 pieces of toilette paper the size of the driver right in front of it. So all you have to do is take of the ring that holds everything in. And just lift the foam cover off and put the paper on top of the driver without ever taking the driver out.

Hope this helps. Maybe I will take pictures and post them.

Thanx, surprised that made much difference.
Easy mod for sure.

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #59 of 464
FYI. I have three pieces the size of the driver now. I love the sound of these headphones. And even straight out of my laptop they sound awesome. I still can't believe they are so inexpensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back