Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #77 of 464
  Bassman999 if you are considering another headphone. I definately think you would enjoy the 770's more than the 880's. I think the 880's are going to be lacking the highs that you need. Plus you will get more Bass if you get the 80ohm version.

I had thought about the 770 1st, but wanted the BIG sound-stage and openness of the 990.
Unfortunately the 990 doesnt sound big at all to me.
Maybe it is because the airiness comes from the highs that I cannot hear?

I have JVC HA-S500s and they have decent bass, but the sound-stage in claustrophobic, and the ear-pads are painful after 20 min.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #80 of 464
Interesting that you felt the Bass was to flabby. Were yours the 250ohm?

Edit: I just went back to your previous post and yes they are. Oops
        You must have a more refined ear than mine.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #81 of 464
  The soundstage on the 770's is great. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I have g=heard the soundstage on the 990 is the best of the bunch, but I also heard the 990 was bassy lol.

On to the 770s, do the 80 ohm version sound muted in the vocal and guitar range as many have suggested?

The 990 was said to have little or no mids, and I think they are fine, but just not accentuated like most headhones.
I like them either way though as long as they dont sound nasal or echoey.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #83 of 464
  I have g=heard the soundstage on the 990 is the best of the bunch, but I also heard the 990 was bassy lol.

On to the 770s, do the 80 ohm version sound muted in the vocal and guitar range as many have suggested?

The 990 was said to have little or no mids, and I think they are fine, but just not accentuated like most headhones.
I like them either way though as long as they dont sound nasal or echoey.

I thought the 250ohm were better but that just comes down to taste I guess. But it sounds like you want some extra bass so that's why I think the 80ohms would be for you. And no I don't think the mids are missing on the 80ohm.

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #84 of 464

I thought the 250ohm were better but that just comes down to taste I guess. But it sounds like you want some extra bass so that's why I think the 80ohms would be for you. And no I don't think the mids are missing on the 80ohm.

I have been a bassaholic since a kid,
I would run several subs in my cars.
I had 4 15s in my mini truck in the mid 90s.

I dont listen to only bass oriented music by any means though.
Its easier to say what music I dont listen to than what I do..

Not into opera, polka, or old school country.

i might grab a pair of the 80 ohm, but are they as comfortable as the 990s?

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #87 of 464
  Yeah. All Beyers are super comfortable. I could wear them all day.

Yeah the 990s are nice!

4 15's.....    Your a madman!

I had 8 tweeters
(2) 4"
(6) 6.5"
Lots of amps and batteries etc....
I have speakers, and subs I built and old school ones all around the house.
I still have some music in my car {(1) 12"}, but am more into home theater now

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #88 of 464
  Interesting that you felt the Bass was to flabby. Were yours the 250ohm?

Edit: I just went back to your previous post and yes they are. Oops
        You must have a more refined ear than mine.

I definitely have very good hearing. I have a quality stereo system at home as well. I have been listening to quality electronics since I was a little guy. My ears are well trained. Of course, we all hear things differently though.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #89 of 464
What kind of system do you have at home DW75? I got a Sota turntable, Music Reference Preamp, B&K amp, and Sony SCD C333-ES CD player, And Vandersteen 2CE's for my listening room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back