Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #301 of 679
In that case I'm definitely making the C421 or C5 my next purchase...
Quote:
Yup. A Clip+ will make them go loud, but to tighten up the bass, open the soundstage and generally make them sound their best you need some serious horsepower. Just like the 300ohm HD650.

The DX100 can do that on it's own, but adding an amp gives you that last 1-2% that sometimes makes a difference. 

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #302 of 679
Quote:
In that case I'm definitely making the C421 or C5 my next purchase...

Do that! Proper amping really transforms the DT-770AE - in a good way 
cool.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #305 of 679
I say this very cautiously: Has anyone heard more than one of this can? I just got a new pair and it is so sloppily bassy that I checked the label on the headphone to make sure something wasn't wrong or the box hadn't been filled with a different DT770... Does not at all seem like my previous pair! I wasn't listening amped though. I'll chime back in after a few days when i get another portable amp.  But curious if anyone else has had the same experience...

Don't freak out.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #306 of 679
Quote:
I say this very cautiously: Has anyone heard more than one of this can? I just got a new pair and it is so sloppily bassy that I checked the label on the headphone to make sure something wasn't wrong or the box hadn't been filled with a different DT770... Does not at all seem like my previous pair! I wasn't listening amped though. I'll chime back in after a few days when i get another portable amp.  But curious if anyone else has had the same experience...

Don't freak out.

Had played with many pairs, and all of them are great. In case of malfunctions... return if needed.

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #307 of 679

Don't freak out.

Huh, that's interesting. I haven't owned more than one pair of this particular model. I have gone thru a few of the other DT770 models, though, and I was surprised at how little bass impact this version had on first listen, even thru my O2. I'm curious if others have had your impression, because I've always been confused by the all the 770 model bass impressions vs what I hear.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #311 of 679
Quote:
really? i could not find enough bass in my pair of LEs

What are you driving it with?  It is a close second to my Q-40's for bass - both sub and mid bass are clearly there and plenty of it. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #312 of 679
Well given your list of headphones, that kind of makes sense; the LEs have boosted bass around 80-120hz but are mostly neutral, whereas most of the phones you own are warmer and have a good sized mid bass hump closer to the neighborhood of 200-350 hz.
really? i could not find enough bass in my pair of LEs

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #314 of 679
I just switched to some black velours and I think they bring the bass closer to neutral; I don't find them any brighter though. I'm liking it better this way personally.
It opens up a little and becomes just a tiny bit brighter - I like it, actually 
smile.gif

It suffers a bit, yes, but they still pack quite a punch and that lovely subbass is still there for sure 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back