Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Jan 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #121 of 679
I originally wanted to get the K550 but since I have a smaller head I was worried I wouldn't get the right fit, and I have nowhere to try out the k550s. Plus, they are 50$ more.

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #127 of 679
Hi,
I just bought my DT770 LE yesterday. Actually I was choosing among Momentum, DT1350 and DT770 LE. Momentum was very engaging to listen to, but I preferred the other two for neutrality. If portability and easy-to-drive were my main concern, I'd have picked DT1350, but I bought DT770 LE for its sound quality. 

770 didn't sound good straight out of the box. After a few hours of burn-in, it's ok. Now, if I pair 770 with Lyr, it would have more expansive sounstage, punchier bass and more forward vocals.  But that's not alway good. Many of the times I find it sound more natural straight out of Mac mini phone jack, thinner but has more space between instruments, vocals not overly close, even more air. I It seems to me that amping could be a bit picky. Any idea?

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #133 of 679
Quote:
The 770/32 is so good that I bought a few spared.

(Speaking and moving my hand Jedi's style)

"You will send one of these to me right now"...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #134 of 679
I've had the DT770 AE for close to three weeks now... and absolutely love them.

Since arriving, I've used them on a daily basis.  Their sound has tightened and cleaned up nicely, since ootb (not drastically.. but noticeably).  The smooth, grainless sound is the most outstanding aspect of this phone, for me.  It's so clear.  I've noticed they're actually quite sensitive to recording quality, too.  Poorly recorded material doesn't sound terrible.. but it's certainly lackluster and tends to sound harsh or dark (depending on which way the mastering/mixing leans).  Play well recorded material and this phone shines.  It definitely deserves a HQ DAC and amp (that's appropriate for it's price bracket).  It sounds terrific out of the O2.. but I especially like it from the Schiit Modi/Magni stack I've had for the last week plus.  The DT 770 AE takes the gobs of power the Magni can deliver & puts it to good use.. effortless control, separation, clarity, and excellent dynamics.

Jan 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #135 of 679
[size=13.5pt]I just replaced the stock pads on the DT770 Pro LE 32. This is my first post and I’ll upload comparison pics of stock pads vs velour when I receive the entitlement (seems disabled right now).  For me, I prefer the velour pads.  More comfortable and my ears don’t get hot.  So far, I really like what I hear.  I should mention that the stock pads have a solid plastic backing and velour pads are perforated.  Changing pads is very easy.  Just warm-up the replacement pad's edge with a hairdryer and they slip right on.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back