Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Feb 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #527 of 679
Got them today! Sound just the way I wanted them to, so that's good. I'm guessing they may improve ever so slightly with more burn-in, but so far they've been running for ~6 hours, and I quite like them already. Very airy for a closed headphone (at least compared to those that I've tried) - nice. They even sound fairly good straight from my phone and laptop, but do seem to improve a little when plugged into the O2 amplifier. 

Comfort is there too which is a great plus. I was a little worried about this as I felt discomfort after about 30 minutes of using the DT 880 Premium; the headband was putting too much pressure on my head, but the headband on the Pro DT models seems to be a lot better for me.

I haven't tried the velour ear pads yet as I actually quite like the standard pleather/soft skin ones. Will report back once I try the velour.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #528 of 679
I've had mine for about a month now (not sure about exact burn in time but at least 3 hours a day) and they definitely improve over time. When I first listened to mine, the treble was a bit harsh and the bass slightly overpowered the mids but since then, the treble has smoothed out (without loosing detail) and the bass seems a bit more refined. I also got myself a Fiio e17 which has also made a definite improvement (not massive but it's added that last bit of refinement that they needed)

Quote:
  Got them today! Sound just the way I wanted them to, so that's good. I'm guessing they may improve ever so slightly with more burn-in, but so far they've been running for ~6 hours

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #529 of 679
Can someone describe the sound differences between this and the 250 ohm? I like the sound of the 32 ohm but hate the pleather pads. Instead of spending $50+ for the velour pads (Canada) I'm thinking of swapping with someone who has the 250 ohm. Amp will be e07k. Good idea?

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #530 of 679
  Got them today! Sound just the way I wanted them to, so that's good. I'm guessing they may improve ever so slightly with more burn-in, but so far they've been running for ~6 hours, and I quite like them already. Very airy for a closed headphone (at least compared to those that I've tried) - nice. They even sound fairly good straight from my phone and laptop, but do seem to improve a little when plugged into the O2 amplifier. 

Comfort is there too which is a great plus. I was a little worried about this as I felt discomfort after about 30 minutes of using the DT 880 Premium; the headband was putting too much pressure on my head, but the headband on the Pro DT models seems to be a lot better for me.

I haven't tried the velour ear pads yet as I actually quite like the standard pleather/soft skin ones. Will report back once I try the velour.

if you could report sooner than later i would be so happy lol. I'm on the fence about ordering velours and my amazon prime trial ends in less than a week. lol

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #531 of 679
Can someone describe the sound differences between this and the 250 ohm? I like the sound of the 32 ohm but hate the pleather pads. Instead of spending $50+ for the velour pads (Canada) I'm thinking of swapping with someone who has the 250 ohm. Amp will be e07k. Good idea?

I haven't tried the 250 ohm version, so I don't know, but judging by various reviews, something is different. Perhaps take a look at the Headfonia review.
  if you could report sooner than later i would be so happy lol. I'm on the fence about ordering velours and my amazon prime trial ends in less than a week. lol

I'm using them with the velour pads now, and honestly, I'm not hearing much of a difference in sound, if anything, the bass might be a little lighter, but it's not something I'm really noticing.

They're slightly more comfortable, though - not by a lot (to me at least - but I found the pleather pretty comfortable too). I suppose it's possible that the velour would help alleviate your issue with wearing glasses with the headphones on, though, as it is obviously a little softer. But for $50? I don't know. Seems like a lot to throw away if they don't help at all. 

The velour pads also make them leak more sound.

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #532 of 679
I haven't tried the 250 ohm version, so I don't know, but judging by various reviews, something is different. Perhaps take a look at the Headfonia review.
I'm using them with the velour pads now, and honestly, I'm not hearing much of a difference in sound, if anything, the bass might be a little lighter, but it's not something I'm really noticing.

They're slightly more comfortable, though - not by a lot (to me at least - but I found the pleather pretty comfortable too). I suppose it's possible that the velour would help alleviate your issue with wearing glasses with the headphones on, though.

The velour pads also make them leak more sound.

Thanks. The pads with my glasses got more comfortable because they got softer I guess but velour should be even better. My ears do sweat and get hot after a while though. And I'm gonna use these at home only so I think velour is the way to go.

Did you order the black or silver ones? Silver ones cost so much more here lol. Do you mind taking some pics if you got the black ones?

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #533 of 679
Thanks. The pads with my glasses got more comfortable because they got softer I guess but velour should be even better. My ears do sweat and get hot after a while though. And I'm gonna use these at home only so I think velour is the way to go.

Did you order the black or silver ones? Silver ones cost so much more here lol. Do you mind taking some pics if you got the black ones?

Good to know that they got softer. Velour would probably be even better, yeah.

I got the silver ones.

I think I'll try using them with velour for the next couple of days and then swapping them for the pleather to see if I can hear any difference then.

Feb 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #534 of 679
If anyone wants to hear these babies dig deep, check out Burial - Etched Headplate.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeep bass 
beyersmile.png

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #535 of 679
I've had the 80 and 250 ohm versions. I'm trying to get a closed headphone with similar sound to the Sennheiser HD558's, but with more bass. I love the mid range on the Sennheisers. Would the 32 ohm version be similar? The 80 and 250's were missing something compared to the Sennheisers. I really liked the 250 ohm version, but the coiled cable pulled down the left ear cup and was getting annoying after a while. The 80's were great too but didn't compare to the Sennheiser's midrange. Just wondering if the 32's would give a similar sound to the Sennheisers. If not, which other closed headphones would be ideal?

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #536 of 679
I wouldn't recommend Beyers given your preferences; the mids will probably sound cold and distant next to a pair of Senns, as you've seen with the other models. I'd look at the HD439 or HD429 if I were you. Also maybe the Sound magic HP100.
I've had the 80 and 250 ohm versions. I'm trying to get a closed headphone with similar sound to the Sennheiser HD558's, but with more bass. I love the mid range on the Sennheisers. Would the 32 ohm version be similar? The 80 and 250's were missing something compared to the Sennheisers. I really liked the 250 ohm version, but the coiled cable pulled down the left ear cup and was getting annoying after a while. The 80's were great too but didn't compare to the Sennheiser's midrange. Just wondering if the 32's would give a similar sound to the Sennheisers. If not, which other closed headphones would be ideal?

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #537 of 679

I wouldn't recommend Beyers given your preferences; the mids will probably sound cold and distant next to a pair of Senns, as you've seen with the other models. I'd look at the HD439 or HD429 if I were you. Also maybe the Sound magic HP100.

I haven't tried the HD 558, but I do have the PC 360 headset, which is supposedly an HD 555 with a microphone attached, so some similarity should exist. I think the 770 Pro 32 ohm provides more clarity and perhaps slightly more bass, but this could just be the added clarity that makes everything stand out a little more. Overall I prefer the 770. It's more engaging in a way, I feel.

I don't feel that any part of the 770 Pro feels particularly cold and/or distant compared to the 360 or HD 600 even (definitely like my 600s more, though :))Upon further thought I'd say that maybe the mids on the 770 do appear a little recessed, but not enough to really take much away from the experience, but I'm not an audiophile so what do I know... Perhaps you could take a look at the measurements done by Goldenears.

If you didn't like the 80/250 ohm versions, I'm guessing you might not like the 32 ohm either. Supposedly the 32 ohm is closer to the 250 than that of the 80.

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #538 of 679
So after some burn in, these sound even better. The pleather pads get kinda hot so i ordered the silver velour pads (cost a fortune to ship to canada but whatever). I hope I don't lose much bass but if I do, i can just up the bass eq on my amp.

Feb 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #539 of 679

sorry to go off topic but i was reading some old posts and saw that you own(ed) both the yamaha eph-100 and vsonic gr07 bass edition. could you list the main difference between the two? i'm torn  between the two the only reason im worring about the gr07 is because of the around ear fit (i wear glasses) and lack of bass (these will be for listening to hip-hop/rap on the go only).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back