Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #406 of 679
DONT BUY THEM AT THAT PRICE

I spoke with a Beyer rep last month and he says they will be selling an unlimited 32 ohm version starting this winter or early next year that will be internally identical to the LE, in other words the same headphone minus the 88 label, but is going to cost under $200 USD.
Quote:
B&H seem to be selling them for $250.  The pics on the page are showing the 250 Ohm version but the description is the 32 Ohm.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/984399-REG/beyerdynamic_ams_dt_770_pro_32_dt_770_pro_studio_headphones.html

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #408 of 679
Seriously, a really entertaining phone! These puppies LOVE rock:) sure the bass is a bit flabby from time to time, depending on what it's amped with, and it's not really cuppy sounding, I had Grado PS500's but a) the discomfort got on my nerves, and b) they are harsh in the treble next to the DT770's.. I actually use them the most. Nice and warm, but not woolly sounding. Tight amping gets them under control:) buy them whatever the price, I think there worth the RRP anyway.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #409 of 679
I agree they're worth it but if anyone is willing to be patient they can get a better deal if they are willing to forgo the special "88" label.

Still love mine, they are a perfect companion to my HD650 and sound great, if a tad sibilant at times, out of my HRT microstreamer.
Seriously, a really entertaining phone! These puppies LOVE rock:) sure the bass is a bit flabby from time to time, depending on what it's amped with, and it's not really cuppy sounding, I had Grado PS500's but a) the discomfort got on my nerves, and b) they are harsh in the treble next to the DT770's.. I actually use them the most. Nice and warm, but not woolly sounding. Tight amping gets them under control:) buy them whatever the price, I think there worth the RRP anyway.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #410 of 679
Still loving these...was just listening to Amon Tobin - Horsefish out of my Microstreamer with them and I definitely just thought the voice in the beginning was coming from somewhere in my room XD I love it when that happens...

Now listening to Bluetech - Emerald Epiphytes. The LEs handle the bass really well for this track, nice and tight with a good plump-sounding punch, and the treble accents those little electronic tweaky and shimmery sounds really well.

Sep 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #412 of 679
  Moving on to Dream Theater...sometimes I forget how well these handle metal.

I am still pissed about the huge price drop on the generic version of these, but...they are also still awesome ^_^

BH Photo is selling them at $249. Doesn't seem like a price drop! Have you heard what they will actually hit the street at? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back