Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Jan 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #168 of 679
Quote:
Can anyone speak regarding the isolation of the DT770 compared to some of the other more more portable closed cans? 

Better than V-.Moda M80, AKG550, Shure 940, Creative Aurvana Live

Similar to AKG K581 from what I can remember. 

Less than my IEMs

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #171 of 679
I have the Premium DT770 (with pleather pads) and it isolates better than all closed headphones I have owned- K550, D7000, K272, Pro900, Pro650. It's almost as good as my X10 iem's. I did however line the inside of the cups with dynamat but that was a small improvement for the effort.
This is the main reason I still own and use them (plus they sound great).

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #173 of 679
Interesting move, one Ive considered myself. Would love to hear your thoughts on how the Momentum stacks up to the DT770 in terms of soundstage and midrange detail.
Thanks for the responses on isolation guys! I decided to go with the Momentum over the DT770 LE, sold the DT770, and now I want it back! DOH! 

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #175 of 679
My review will look something like this:

Beyerdynamic DT770 LE

[0/0] BUILD

xxxxx

[0/0] COMFORT

xxxxx

[0/0] ISOLATION

xxxxx

[0/0] SOUND

xxxxx

AKG K167

[0/0] BUILD

xxxxx

[0/0] COMFORT

xxxxx

[0/0] ISOLATION

xxxxx

[0/0] SOUND

xxxxx

Conclusion:

xxxxx

I need some test songs that a large amount of people will be familiar with. Constructive criticism of my structure is also welcome.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #178 of 679
Some Infected Mushroom would be welcome to test their speed and ability to portray microdetail for those hyper-textured synthesized tones (Erez mixes using HD800s, so you know their music will put any phone to the test). Also perhaps Lindsay Sterling, Beethoven, Vivaldi...Birth and Death of the Day by Explosions in the Sky would make a great track for comparing dynamic range. Also some good classic rock would be good to hear, maybe some Pink Floyd. When it comes to realism of strings, I like to use Rodrigo y Gabriela to test for timbre and speed. If you have a good high quality recording of Stop Making Sense by the Talking Heads, that live performance could be used to test the characteristics of each phone's presentation. Some metal like System of a Down, Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment, or Tool would be good tests for speed, too.
Quote:

I need some test songs that a large amount of people will be familiar with. Constructive criticism of my structure is also welcome.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #179 of 679
Jan 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #180 of 679
Quote:
Tomorrow, I'm going to be writing the review for these between setting up and running the rave I'm hosting in my city.

I can give you the TL;DR for the headphones right now, though: Both headphones have a VERY similar sound signature (=2931&graphID[]=2851]like the difference between an AKG K701 and a Sennheiser HD598), but the AKG K167 basically does everything a little bit better than the DT770 LE.

Are they as neutral? And...better soundstage? Really? I've heard plenty of open phones and I find it hard to believe that something closed could be much bigger than DT770s...or maybe I'm thinking wishfully (and wishing I'd saved money! 
angry_face.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back