Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Nov 13, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #993 of 3,701
  Unfortunately my pair of DT1770 also developed driver imbalance: the right driver is noticeably quieter than the left one.

I'm out of the return window at Amazon, so I cannot send it back. I got in touch with the service center, but they don't have parts for it yet, since it's a new model. Pretty disappointing 
frown.gif

The DT 1770 and the Gen2 T1 were released around the same time, so it's interesting that the parts still aren't available for the DT 1770 yet.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #996 of 3,701
  The head cushion, earpads, drivers, and cables (and jacks in earcups) are different.

Compared to all the other parts, the headphone assembly and all, it's still less than the total number of parts in the headphone. Jacks and driver are the major deviations I would say.

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #997 of 3,701
Compared to all the other parts, the headphone assembly and all, it's still less than the total number of parts in the headphone. Jacks and driver are the major deviations I would say.
This is what I meant:
www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts.html?kopfhoerermodell=868
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts.html?kopfhoerermodell=596

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,002 of 3,701
  I don't think it is worth that much trouble. Thanks for the reply.

My thoughts as well... I don't think there's anything to be gained thats in relation to the trouble involved. And drilling a hole in the other cup... hm, no. I prefer single-sided entry.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #1,005 of 3,701
Bump....

No takers?

Alternatively, how does the mid range of the Dt1770 compare to the Dt770?

Appreciate any thoughts good, bad or indifferent

Ta

The DT1770 is better than the DT770 across the board. The mids are not recessed to me. After a long period of use since 12-SEP-2015 now they sound very neutral to me with great bass capability and sweet treble that absolutely don't pierce at all. Each tone is done very dry and fast, the Tesla technology functions as promised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back