Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Nov 6, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #961 of 3,701
But it is plain ugly! Did you have a chance to listen to the DT1770? Maybe after doing so you would no longer promote the DT 150.

No, but the DT1770 is according to Beyer based on the DT-150 and for 133 euros I will always promote the DT-150 lol it really destroys a lot headphones! 
Agree on it's being ugly just don't let people caught you wearing it and it really needs an amp so for home usage!!

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #962 of 3,701
  No, but the DT1770 is according to Beyer based on the DT-150 and for 133 euros I will always promote the DT-150 lol it really destroys a lot headphones! 
Agree on it's being ugly just don't let people caught you wearing it and it really needs an amp so for home usage!!

How is the sounds on DT150? Does it good for studio recording? I have no chance to try this at the local store and it isn't ugly to me.

Nov 6, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #963 of 3,701

How is the sounds on DT150? Does it good for studio recording? I have no chance to try this at the local store and it isn't ugly to me.

Yes the resolution is perfect and very detailed! good for studio but some say the highs are a bit recessed ( I myself think it's perfect not harsh at all) just make sure to know that and implement it to your mix!

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #964 of 3,701
Yes the resolution is perfect and very detailed! good for studio but some say the highs are a bit recessed ( I myself think it's perfect not harsh at all) just make sure to know that and implement it to your mix!

So you habe never listened to the DT1770?

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #967 of 3,701
@pietcux
The passive noise isolation of the DT1770 with the leatherette earpads is actually better than the DT150:
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/media//datenblaetter/DAT_DT1770PRO_DE_.pdf
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/media//datenblaetter/DAT_DT150_DE.pdf

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #968 of 3,701
Nov 10, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #975 of 3,701
Hi guys!

I am in a bit of a dilemma and I hope you can help me with it. After reading up on the 1770 I thought this is exactly what I am looking for. 

I am coming originally from the Sennheiser HD650, which I do not like any more because of their warm signature and in my opinion veiled highs. Later I bought the Denon D2000, mostly for gaming and movies and I absolutely love them for that, but for music the bass feels overpowered. However, they never get annoying because the mostly extend the low end without a strong bump in the mid bass. As it turns out this is what bugs me so much with the DT-1770. I actually prefer the low end presentation of the DT-990 that I also own, but their piercing (imho) highs prevent me from enjoying music even in short bursts. Combined with the recessed mids they suck out any liveliness of the music 
wink.gif

The mids and the highs of the DT1770 are absolutely great. They have nice extensions and superb detail, but are definitely not suffering from the infamous beyer-peak. But every time a base drum "kicks in" I develop a headache. The mid bass for my taste is quite boomy and if you listen to contemporary electronic music which is overproduced already it feel way overboard to me. I don't have this at all with the DT-990 and only mildly with the D2000.

So bottom line, I love the mids and highs and the low bass extension, but cannot stand the mid bass hump. Is there something in the Beyer line that is similar but has a more flat mid bass? Can be open or closed back. I recently heard the T5p at a store (although it was the AK version) and loved the sound stage. The bass felt rather strong, but it was hard to judge because of the noisy environment. Maybe the regular T5p would be a candidate? I am a bit confused about their marketing as a portable set of headphones, though.

What about the T1 2nd gen? I know they are much brighter which would be fine, if the bass extends far enough (not talking about quantity) and the beyer-peak is not as diminant as with the DT990.

Looking forward to suggestions, maybe someone knows where I can listen to some headphones in the London area. Thanks!

P.S. I also love my Stage 3 IEM from rhines customs and the Shure SE864 (athough they are a bit rolled off in my ears).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back