Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Dec 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #1,261 of 3,701
Yes I have a pair that I am wanting to sell. Cables are still in the plastic. I got them and as soon as I got them I got the th-x00 and I would rather have the x00 for me personally.

I actually feel the opposite... :xf_eek:
I think I might get rid of my Fostex. If you really need a closed can, the TH series just don't make much sense... They sound excellent but sadly they won't have a place in my home I believe... Still pondering...

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #1,262 of 3,701
I actually feel the opposite...
redface.gif

I think I might get rid of my Fostex. If you really need a closed can, the TH series just don't make much sense... They sound excellent but sadly they won't have a place in my home I believe... Still pondering...

I have both DT-1770 and TH-X00. What I can say is that the Beyer phones are tonally more accurate besides they have quite good passive isolation and they almost don't leak unlike the Fostex cans. TH-X00 are very comfortable and enjoyable warm and bassy headphones for easy listening at home if leak is not a issue.

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,264 of 3,701
I have both DT-1770 and TH-X00. What I can say is that the Beyer phones are tonally more accurate besides they have quite good passive isolation and they almost don't leak unlike the Fostex cans. TH-X00 are very comfortable and enjoyable warm and bassy headphones for easy listening at home if leak is not a issue.

+1

Are the fostex you have the x00?

Yes.

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #1,266 of 3,701
  Also the second pair makes a horrible cracking sound where the right bracket/gimbal is meeting the headband (i.e. the size adjustment, I guess) whenever I put them on or off, basically when the band gets bend a bit. My 990 pros also have that sometimes when the cups are swivelled, but it is not nearly as loud. Also they cost less than a quarter of these, so to me that does not feel ok for a premium product.  The rest of the build quality is great and I am not sure what is going on, maybe some early production QC issue, especially with the Tesla 2.0 drivers. Because of this, Beyer made the decision for me and I am going to return them and shy away from the 1770s

I have the same issue. Not enough to make me send them back, but it does bother me....

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #1,267 of 3,701

I have the same issue. Not enough to make me send them back, but it does bother me....

Mine makes a crackle too. 

Also, a little update on my Amazon purchase. I ordered this when Amazon sold them for 400$. I talked with the support team, and was told to re-order them from their 3rd party vendors where the price was 600, and they'd refund me the 200$ difference. I only got 150$ refunded. I've been talking with amazon for close to 4 hours today. They refuse to refund the remaining 50$. They acknowledge their mistake, but all they can do is give me a 50$ gift card. They won't budge at all. I've escalated it all the way to the top. It ended when the agent cut the connection. Supposedly, this agent was at the top of their customer support. Not sure what to do now. I want my 50$, which was promised more than once. 

I'd accept the gift card, but I don't live in the US, so I can't use it. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,268 of 3,701

Also, a little update on my Amazon purchase. I ordered this when Amazon sold them for 400$. I talked with the support team, and was told to re-order them from their 3rd party vendors where the price was 600, and they'd refund me the 200$ difference. I only got 150$ refunded. I've been talking with amazon for close to 4 hours today. They refuse to refund the remaining 50$. They acknowledge their mistake, but all they can do is give me a 50$ gift card. They won't budge at all. I've escalated it all the way to the top. It ended when the agent cut the connection. Supposedly, this agent was at the top of their customer support. Not sure what to do now. I want my 50$, which was promised more than once. 

Did you return the $400 one and did they refund you the $400 before you re-order the $600 one?

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #1,273 of 3,701

thats jacked up.  was this a purchase directly form amazon or a 3rd party vendor on amazon?  I only deal with amazon directly so that I don't have that issue with 3rd party people

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #1,274 of 3,701
I'm confused now. Yes, the pair I received, which I've so far paid 600-150 for, has the weird crackle in the right side when putting the headphones on my head.

The one with crackle I purchased as a Warehouse deal for 60 EUR less. The next pair that I bought new was free from crackle. So the crackle issue probably has something to do with cheaper price.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #1,275 of 3,701
The one with crackle I purchased as a Warehouse deal for 60 EUR less. The next pair that I bought new was free from crackle. So the crackle issue probably has something to do with cheaper price.

Your Warehouse Deal unit was probably returned because of the crackle issue already. Instead of returning it to Bayerdynamic, they put it into warehouse deal rotation as long as someone keeps them. So maybe there are very few affected units, that get reported several times here because of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back