Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Sep 7, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #303 of 3,701
Sep 8, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #305 of 3,701
Ohh... crap... this is funny.... :) "A modern audiophile mountain"*

[Mod Edit: Please don't post fake graphs. You'd be surprised how fast this would get sent around as fact and mislead people.]

*it's just a speculation...

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #307 of 3,701
Ohh... crap... this is funny.... :) "A modern audiophile mountain"*
[Mod Edit: Removed.]

*it's just a speculation...

I had a long listen to this headphone. To me it has a strong and very exact bass. The mids are well balanced and the treble are very good presented and never sharp. Talked to the project leader of this product for a very long time in their IFA booth. The treble mountain that we see in the graph was created on purpose to have a good treble that is not a spike that hurts but a treble plateau that the ear can enjoy. To me this headphone is a winner, I could only congratulate him on how much I liked the DT1770 instantly. It sounded great out of the BEYER amp and also very good straight out of my Sony ZX1 dap. I have the volume capped European version BTW.

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #308 of 3,701
I had a long listen to this headphone. To me it has a strong and very exact bass. The mids are well balanced and the treble are very good presented and never sharp. Talked to the project leader of this product for a very long time in their IFA booth. The treble mountain that we see in the graph was created on purpose to have a good treble that is not a spike that hurts but a treble plateau that the ear can enjoy. To me this headphone is a winner, I could only congratulate him on how much I liked the DT1770 instantly. It sounded great out of the BEYER amp and also very good straight out of my Sony ZX1 dap. I have the volume capped European version BTW.

How does it sound compared to TH900, HD800, LCD-XC, T1?

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #309 of 3,701
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR][COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]
How does it sound compared to TH900, HD800, LCD-XC?

1770 claimd as monitor headphones,
So it must sound much better then this fancy, extremly unrealistic "so called" headphones.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #310 of 3,701
1770 claimd as monitor headphones,

You know, you're pretty funny guy
smile.gif

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #312 of 3,701
  I disagree. 
redface.gif

Dude's starting to piss me off with that condescending attitude and bad spelling. But there's some comic relief to be found imo...

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #313 of 3,701

Dude's starting to piss me off with that condescending attitude and bad spelling. But there's some comic relief to be found imo...

I honestly think he's straight up trolling. In that case he's a genius because I totally bought it.
But is anyone really that ignorant? I mean, just look at the statements he's making.

Sep 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #314 of 3,701
  I honestly think he's straight up trolling. In that case he's a genius because I totally bought it.
But is anyone really that ignorant? I mean, just look at the statements he's making.

I've been wondering the same thing tbh. But to answer your question, then yes people can be 10 times as ignorant. Just check the peasantry posts on /r/PCMR. Quite hilarious.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #315 of 3,701

So basically, it's what the T70 should've been?
Now I really want to hear one. Though I'd expect it to still be noticeably V-shaped.

I wonder if they'll made a non-Pro / "Premium" version of the 1770...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back