Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Sep 7, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #271 of 3,701
You can't state that HD600 is better than T1 and the likes as a fact. It's a matter of personal opinion. Also, I listen to music with my ears... not my eyes.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #272 of 3,701
  I'm glad you enjoy your HD600, it's a nice headphone.... But to say that they're more technically capable than an HD800 is a really...

I'm not saying, the graph saying... HD800, looks like it was artificially equalized to made it more wow factor for a beginners...
HD800, can't be technically better, the first reason, the graph. It clearly shows it, it heavily equalized.
It can be used in a studio, as a good and true to life headphone should. this is a tool for amateur "audiophiles".
In this case the T1 is a much better headphone then HD800.
The ears are subjective, the FR is objective.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #273 of 3,701

Its impossible. If you want a photo of one of my headphones, just let me know which one.

Never heard the HD800, only HD700. But from all FR graphs, they looks close to each other... So I mentioned it as artificial, equalized,  HD700/800.

So when compared HD600 to HD700, the HD600, sounds perfect and true to life.

More then that, the DT-150/250, sounds perfect and true to life when compared to artificial and equalized T1.

HD600, sounds better then DT-150/250, so technicaly, it outperforms HD700,,HD650 (a ruined HD600), T1 and many more other headphones...

So as a professional tool headphone (as HD600) with price tag of 600$, the 1770 must be technically  better then HD600.
1770 have a large cups, a holes, so there is no reason to a narrow sound stage...
BD have 20 years to bring it to another level of reference quality, linear, good sounding headphone, to made a new studio king as HD600 was and exists.

And till now, we even don't have a FR graph...

When I bought a 70 euro Marshal Major II for my cousin, there was a FR graph on the box... here is a ... silence...

I'm agree with most of these thesis. To me DT150 sounds just more natural (properly amped) . Many hi-end headphones d a great WOW factor and prestigous look, but they are similarly tiring over time. Why some many LCD3 for sale for example?

I have had TH600 for a while, it was overkilled by DT150. Why? Because the violins did not sound right on TH600, sound was to recessed with mids, with no mid centric true timbre. Of course the elevated 10Hz peak in TH600 make the 'detailed', but is not that true sounding...

Most brillant albums of last 40 years were recorded with mid priced headphones with succes :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #275 of 3,701
Yeah, the industry is clearly amazing at making people buy stuff that are really expensive when the perfect headphone is only $300, you don't really need an amp either, you're right. :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #276 of 3,701

Its impossible. If you want a photo of one of my headphones, just let me know which one.

Never heard the HD800, only HD700. But from all FR graphs, they looks close to each other... So I mentioned it as artificial, equalized,  HD700/800.

So when compared HD600 to HD700, the HD600, sounds perfect and true to life.

More then that, the DT-150/250, sounds perfect and true to life when compared to artificial and equalized T1.

HD600, sounds better then DT-150/250, so technicaly, it outperforms HD700,,HD650 (a ruined HD600), T1 and many more other headphones...

FR Graph doesn't tell much about whether smth sounds artificial or not
HD600 may has natural timbre but in terms of resolution it can't reach TOTL headphones. But it doesn't mean the last don't have any weakness

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #277 of 3,701
There is another thing where flagships are better than mid-priced headphones; linearity at high sound pressure levels. They sound the same played quietly or loud. 

HD600 starts to distort, and bass gets out of control when you push them with a real recording. 

Do you know why hifi speakers use silk dome tweeters, while most studio monitors have aluminium/titanium as their tweeter material? Both have flat frequency response, but somehow the aluminium tweeter is just so brutally honest. How?

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #278 of 3,701
  FR Graph doesn't tell much about whether smth sounds artificial or not
HD600 may has natural timbre but in terms of resolution it can't reach TOTL headphones. But it doesn't mean the last don't have any weakness

I have no idea what does it mean TOTL headphones... The graph tells about Frequency response... is it correct or is it equalized.

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #279 of 3,701
  There is another thing where flagships are better than mid-priced headphones; linearity at high sound pressure levels. They sound the same played quietly or loud. 

HD600 starts to distort, and bass gets out of control when you push them with a real recording. 

??? Real recording ? What does it mean ?

For the linearity of sound pressure, my Hugo takes the responsibility,
So ith Hugo, HD600, sounds the same played quietly or loud.

The flagship I currently using, the limited ED.5 from Ultrasone, distorts everything in the areas where HD600 is sounds like silk. 

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #281 of 3,701
  http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=2919

HD600 is such a buttery smooth headphone that it might be hard to digest it's actually technically quite bad.

It's very subjective. Could you prove it in some technical way ? Maybe you just ruined your hearing using an equalized and abnormal highs ?
From my experience , HD600 is extremely good for classical/vocal/opera music

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #282 of 3,701
Ok, so I said it before and two? person after that said the HD600 doesn't have the resolution of the better cans. i'm bad at recognizing trolls but you must be a troll or just pretty ******* ignorant.

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #283 of 3,701

HD600 is such a buttery smooth headphone that it might be hard to digest it's actually technically quite bad.

Ok, so I said it before and two? person after that said the HD600 doesn't have the resolution of the better cans. i'm bad at recognizing trolls but you must be a troll or just pretty ******* ignorant.

Wowzers....

Sep 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #284 of 3,701
  Why would the price decrease to half if there wasn't something seriously wrong with the can?

It's not that, it is usually done to liquidate excess stock. It is common practice also to set the price lower when the initial "rush" has subsided. Moral of the story? Wait a year or two and get a good deal.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #285 of 3,701

It's very subjective. Could you prove it in some technical way ? Maybe you just ruined your hearing using an equalized and abnormal highs ?
From my experience , HD600 is extremely good for classical/vocal/opera music

From my experience, classical music and such don't really show strength and weakness of the headphones. I mean, it's not enough to tell about the whole thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back