Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Mar 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #2,731 of 3,701
I consider them to be great cans for an audiophile bass head. They are one of my favorite closed back headphones. The bass is really fun and punchy. Congrats on the purchase, that is a great deal!
Thxs, yes this HP sounds great and feels great. Over all its does everything well. I did notice on heavy bass tracks the bass (sub bass) it will have trouble.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,733 of 3,701
I enjoy it with heavy bass tracks too...

I find the bass is very fun.
OK on my Cowon P1 and amp this HP did very well with hard bass songs. With my Fiio X5III and amp this HP again did very well with bass songs. It was with my Centrance Amp/Dac that it didnt do too well. Guesss I have to find out why.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #2,734 of 3,701
Hello guys, anybody knows where I can get better pads for this HP? Goals are 1. Isolation, 2. Keep bass strong. Thanks.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #2,736 of 3,701
Have you tried the pleather pads that come with the headphones (the velours are fitted as standard). They should go some way to ticking those two boxes.
Thxs for the reply. Not yet but the stock pads are very nice. Just dont want to lose any bass in the future. Im using this HP on the go because of how well they sound.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #2,738 of 3,701
Thxs, yes this HP sounds great and feels great. Over all its does everything well. I did notice on heavy bass tracks the bass (sub bass) it will have trouble.

What kind of trouble do you feel it has? Distortion, or just an inability to reproduce the sub bass?

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,739 of 3,701
What kind of trouble do you feel it has? Distortion, or just an inability to reproduce the sub bass?
It has quality bass plus quantity hass. It has the most realistic mids that wont let me read a book. The mids makes me put everything down and only focus on what the singer is saying. Treble is clear, detailed and extended. Sound stage is very wide. Plus great isolation. I can go to a shooting range with this.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #2,740 of 3,701
It has quality bass plus quantity hass. It has the most realistic mids that wont let me read a book. The mids makes me put everything down and only focus on what the singer is saying. Treble is clear, detailed and extended. Sound stage is very wide. Plus great isolation. I can go to a shooting range with this.

Sounds awesome! I owned a DT880 and DT770 so perhaps my next headphone trial will be the 1770.

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #2,741 of 3,701
Sounds awesome! I owned a DT880 and DT770 so perhaps my next headphone trial will be the 1770.
I have noticed Beyerdynamics has many different models with similar specs. I demoed the T5P which cost over 1K. I really wanted that headphone. I love its dual detachable cables and its weight. Its nore of a treble and transparent headphone. It has bass but its bass is like laat in line. Soundstage is a bit less than the cheaper 1770. Isolation is less than 1770. I demoed the T1 and T1 V2 but no way can I take them outside. Treble is a bit over done. Bass is less than the T5P.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,742 of 3,701
I have noticed Beyerdynamics has many different models with similar specs. I demoed the T5P which cost over 1K. I really wanted that headphone. I love its dual detachable cables and its weight. Its nore of a treble and transparent headphone. It has bass but its bass is like laat in line. Soundstage is a bit less than the cheaper 1770. Isolation is less than 1770. I demoed the T1 and T1 V2 but no way can I take them outside. Treble is a bit over done. Bass is less than the T5P.

My criteria is slightly, just slightly dialed back treble so as to be getting close to warm with strong/commanding, but detailed bass, and with rich, balanced, but not pushed forward mid-range.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #2,743 of 3,701
My criteria is slightly, just slightly dialed back treble so as to be getting close to warm with strong/commanding, but detailed bass, and with rich, balanced, but not pushed forward mid-range.
Mids are neutral but very present when the singer is well, singing, bass is quality first with quantity. Treble can scale at times but compared to the other Beyer cans this HP isnt as hot in the treble. Not saying its doesnt have detailed treble. I can easily tell its treble is very good but its not the focal point.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #2,744 of 3,701
Mids are neutral but very present when the singer is well, singing, bass is quality first with quantity. Treble can scale at times but compared to the other Beyer cans this HP isnt as hot in the treble. Not saying its doesnt have detailed treble. I can easily tell its treble is very good but its not the focal point.

Sounds pretty ideal, really curious now.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #2,745 of 3,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back