Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Feb 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #1,696 of 2,575
Hello folks, does high-end headphone amp make big difference with DT150? I've been thinking about getting "TAGA Harmony THDA-500T" to drive my DT150 and Shure SRH1440, does anyone have experience with the brand? I will go to local Hifi-store to test-listen it.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #1,697 of 2,575
  Hello folks, does high-end headphone amp make big difference with DT150? I've been thinking about getting "TAGA Harmony THDA-500T" to drive my DT150 and Shure SRH1440, does anyone have experience with the brand? I will go to local Hifi-store to test-listen it.

Can't say I've used it with the TAGA Harmony, but if you're interested, I do find it almost indistinguishable with the T1 Gen 2 on the same set up off the Chord Hugo TT.

Some of the more obvious differences is that it was considerably more agile, detailed and cleaner sounding overall with good extension on both end of the frequency. Then again, almost everything sounds great off the Hugo TT.

I've also tried it off the Aurender Flow as well, which makes it very smooth and cleaner sounding than say hooking it up to some of my computers or cheaper amps.

As for "big differences" well, it's a matter of preferences and your personal experience really, I would say there's definitely some immediate perceivable improvement but that depends on what kind of setup you're running it off in the first place.

Of course, stuff I've mentioned are mostly Amp/DACs rather than standalone amps. So, let us know how it fares with your TAGA

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,698 of 2,575

this hybrid amp looks interesting...how much is it in your country?

Feb 12, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #1,699 of 2,575
  Of course, stuff I've mentioned are mostly Amp/DACs rather than standalone amps. So, let us know how it fares with your TAGA

Thanks for suggestions, actually TAGA Harmony THDA-500T is USB DAC/headphone amp and it also has normal aux in option. It also has pre amp output for active speakers or amp. I'm probably going to hifi-store in next week to test listen it with my phones.
 this hybrid amp looks interesting...how much is it in your country?

It sure does, cost is 349 € in store.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,705 of 2,575
Hi Guys,
A Newbie here...I recently purchased the infamous BD DT 150 headphone thanks to you guys. Now believe it or not, I am really struggling to just connect the cable to the headphones, now this may sound very very very stupid, but I have to ask, Am I missing a trick?? Shouldnt it just connect with the female port whenever I push it. I also dont know what is the function of the spare screw.

Can someone from this forum, please help, Really feeling down about this (screenshots are most welcome) and also cant bear the waiting. 

Cheers!!!

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,706 of 2,575
  Hi Guys,
A Newbie here...I recently purchased the infamous BD DT 150 headphone thanks to you guys. Now believe it or not, I am really struggling to just connect the cable to the headphones, now this may sound very very very stupid, but I have to ask, Am I missing a trick?? Shouldnt it just connect with the female port whenever I push it. I also dont know what is the function of the spare screw.

Can someone from this forum, please help, Really feeling down about this (screenshots are most welcome) and also cant bear the waiting. 

Cheers!!!

It's her first time so you'll need push harder and it should slide in easily. 
The screw is just to keep the connector fastened permanently, the Headphone was designed for Broadcasting use and since most people in the industry like to toss around their Headphones, the screw helps to keep the connector safe from stress on the solder joints.  

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #1,707 of 2,575

I went to Hifi-store yesterday with my beloved phones to test this great DAC. Sound was great so DAC came home with me, price was 339€. With further testing, I must say that I'm VERY pleased with my purchase. Even though I'm not too golden-ear type listener so I could precicely tell how sound improved from my previous sources, I'll tell you that to me sound is very clean and detailed with great soundstage. Bass is maybe the thing that has really improved to be more controlled and cleaner than before, very punchy too, and altogether whole sound feels more refined than before. And it sure looks handsome aswell, feels and looks very solid piece of hardware.

Feb 20, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #1,708 of 2,575
It's her first time so you'll need push harder and it should slide in easily. 

The screw is just to keep the connector fastened permanently, the Headphone was designed for Broadcasting use and since most people in the industry like to toss around their Headphones, the screw helps to keep the connector safe from stress on the solder joints.  

Got it and it worked like a charm. Actually I was worried that I might break it or something..
Thanks for guiding me. I am already liking the sound and will wait for the headphones to break in and observe if I can see any improvement.

Thanks again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back