Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #438 of 963
Quote:
Patience...what's that? Bought both the COPs and some q40s while I wait for my m100s. Haha.

Ahh spoken like a true Head-fi member... yea seriously buy it try it return if you no like it! 

Also as for teh Dt990, I'm not really sure... I would think with it's v shaped sound sig it might be better for Music... but then again I use my dt 880s for gaming... but that's because I enjoy mostly Rpg's and Racing games. both which sound good through the dt 880! 

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #439 of 963
Just got my Amazon box and threw these on. 
beyersmile.png

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #440 of 963
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

It was suggested that I post in this thread, so sorry for the double post.  Anyone know what size the hex screws that hold the outer ring on the Beyer COP's?  I just received by COP's that I ordered from B&H Photo today and a couple of the screws seem to have rust on them, which kinda hinders the looks.  The headphones appear to be brand new (at least they were supposed to be), no signs of opened box or wear.  It looks like I can order a replacement screw set from Beyerdynamic, but I don't want to pay the $15 flat rate shipping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the headphones sound great!!!

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #441 of 963
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

It was suggested that I post in this thread, so sorry for the double post.  Anyone know what size the hex screws that hold the outer ring on the Beyer COP's?  I just received by COP's that I ordered from B&H Photo today and a couple of the screws seem to have rust on them, which kinda hinders the looks.  The headphones appear to be brand new (at least they were supposed to be), no signs of opened box or wear.  It looks like I can order a replacement screw set from Beyerdynamic, but I don't want to pay the $15 flat rate shipping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the headphones sound great!!!

why don't you ask for a replacement?

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #442 of 963
Quote:
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

Could that be paint, maybe someone else before had painted them, then the paint was cleaned off?
Send a picture to Beyerdynamic and see what they have to say it might be.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #443 of 963
[why don't you ask for a replacement QUOTE]

I guess I will; nothing should be rusted on a brand new product. I just didn't want to wait a week (shipping back to NY, processing, then ship back). B&H is actually a pretty reputable reseller and good customer service.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #445 of 963
The COPs are not in any way portable IMO as the COP does not fold like the M50 does. The COPs are very comfortable compared to the hot and uncomfortable Audio Technica pads. Also, if you enjoy more "bass-ier" songs than the COPs will out do the M50.

Nov 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #446 of 963
Quote:
how do these compare to the m50s in terms of value/SQ for a portable headphone? i'm trying to find the best value portable in the ~$150 range

Yeah...the m50s are more portable.  If you don't care about the folding cups, the Q40 is quite good as well.  I prefer them to the COP and the M50 even though they are less portable than the latter.

Nov 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #447 of 963
Hiya - noobie here!

Really interested in these, currently using some AKG K271 Mk II' s, do you think these will offer me an upgrade for general easy listening and house music/dance/electronica at all?

Also, anyone know when all of the custom covers and new colours are gonna be made available?

Cheers,

Lee

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #448 of 963
The Custom Ones aren't quite as thumpy as I'd like them to be. They're nice and clear, but I find myself at the 3rd level most times and wishing they were a bit more punchy, with deeper bass. The fourth level is a bit too muffled most times.

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #450 of 963
Quote:
The Custom Ones aren't quite as thumpy as I'd like them to be. They're nice and clear, but I find myself at the 3rd level most times and wishing they were a bit more punchy, with deeper bass. The fourth level is a bit too muffled most times.

Yea I hear that alot, what amp are you using with them btw? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back