Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #451 of 963
Quote:
Quote:
The Custom Ones aren't quite as thumpy as I'd like them to be. They're nice and clear, but I find myself at the 3rd level most times and wishing they were a bit more punchy, with deeper bass. The fourth level is a bit too muffled most times.

Yea I hear that alot, what amp are you using with them btw? 

No amp at the moment (with iPhone) but I've got an FiiO E11 on order. I was just expecting them to have a bit better bass without an amp, given that they've got bass adjustments.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #452 of 963
Quote:
thank you for your input but that still leaves me with the 990 vs COP :D i love bass and the COP supposedly has more bass but i mostly listen to electronic and dubstep which means the legendary highs of the 990 will make these 2 genres sound sweeet

COP definitely doesnt have the bass of the DT990. The DT's are a little harder to drive but way more capable in the low end region than the COPs. Being a Beyer fan, I'm slightly disappointed with the COPs. DT770's are still a better choice IMO. Bass switches are kind of a gimmick to me.

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #453 of 963
COP definitely doesnt have the bass of the DT990. The DT's are a little harder to drive but way more capable in the low end region than the COPs. Being a Beyer fan, I'm slightly disappointed with the COPs. DT770's are still a better choice IMO. Bass switches are kind of a gimmick to me.

I completely agree. I got a pair of COPs because of all of the praise they'd received here and thought they were awful. They sounded nothing like my DT880s or DT990s...they definitely don't have the Beyer top-end sparkle and the bass sounded muddy to me. I got a pair of DT770 Pro 250s instead and am much happier...the Beyer sparkle is back and the bass is much, much cleaner. I'm just a little disappointed that I couldn't find the DT770 Premium 600s anywhere but the Pros sound great.

Nov 11, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #454 of 963
Well that's a shame to hear. But keep in mind the COP is closed so it can't sound to much like the open dt 880 and 990, but it's still a shame that they don't sound to great. 

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #455 of 963
Just one plate and I took the plate off to check and it's silver on the other side. Doesn't look like it was meant to be flipped.

Can't you just cut out whatever you want from pretty much any material and throw them in there? Is the earcup solid behind the removable panels?

We should be able to install fabric swatches, our favorite hentai, advice animal memes, or just photos of our cats on there.

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #456 of 963
Quote:
Can't you just cut out whatever you want from pretty much any material and throw them in there? Is the earcup solid behind the removable panels?
We should be able to install fabric swatches, our favorite hentai, advice animal memes, or just photos of our cats on there.

You can make it all yourself :wink:

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #458 of 963
Quote:
Please keep in mind, that these headphones will sound like **** straight out of the box. They need ample time to burn in.

Most head phones have pretty dismal bass out of the box, but there is also synergy. The amp you use can make or break them as different amps an different cans do mesh differently :3, then ofc there is always your own ears so...

DO NOT LISTEN to all this negative hype. Granted take most of it with a grain of salt because for many the bass may not be what they want or it might be disappointing but if you can listen your self... I encourage you to BUY them TRY them and then Decide what you think!

But being as they are closed, I can totally understand that at position 4 the bass would get sloppy and maybe a little wolly! 

Nov 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #459 of 963
Well that's a shame to hear. But keep in mind the COP is closed so it can't sound to much like the open dt 880 and 990, but it's still a shame that they don't sound to great. 

True, but my DT770 Pros are closed and definitely have the Beyer '"house" sound of the 880 and 990.

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #460 of 963
How much bass do people need... I totally agree about position 4 being unusable but even from2 &3 I'm seeing more than enough... I guess it's different going up from K271 mk ii than coming down fom dt880.... I'm loving them

Also, the slide is definitely a gimmick, so is the customisation and I love those.... Not very audiophile I know but hey ho :xf_eek:

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #461 of 963
Hmmm...I am really on the fence in regards to the COP and the Pro-80. I am a confessed basshead and although I own the awesome V-Moda M80 in white, I am now ready to go for some nice over-ears mainly for portable use. My source is a Sansa Clip Zip (RB) + FiiO E11 combo.

To all you pro's out there: Is it safe to say that the COP is kind of a DT770 Pro-80 but with a detachable cable and customization options? Or are they miles apart from each other in sound?

Also, what will be the difference in 18-ohm vs 80-ohm in regards to portable my setup?

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #462 of 963
Hi,

That's not so at all IMO. Then again I think burn in is hog wash, but I feel they sound great out of the box.

Quote:
Please keep in mind, that these headphones will sound like **** straight out of the box. They need ample time to burn in.

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #463 of 963
Quote:
Hi,

That's not so at all IMO. Then again I think burn in is hog wash, but I feel they sound great out of the box.

I disagree the Dt 880s had a little more bass after they burned it, but nontheless the 880s sound great out of the box for me as well. Still unsure if I want to get the COP. I 100% will try the Dt1350 and 990 pro 250... and I'm sure I'll get the COP some time down the line! Just to have a Byer Closed bass can :3

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #464 of 963
I disagree the Dt 880s had a little more bass after they burned it, but nontheless the 880s sound great out of the box for me as well. Still unsure if I want to get the COP. I 100% will try the Dt1350 and 990 pro 250... and I'm sure I'll get the COP some time down the line! Just to have a Byer Closed bass can :3

Gee, if you want a bassy closed Beyer, why not just go with the battle-tested DT770 Pro 80 instead of the somewhat gimmicky, generally less-loved Custom One?

Nov 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #465 of 963
Most reviews I've read online from reputable sources and all videos posted on Youtube are positive about the COP. So I don't even...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back