Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Nov 14, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #361 of 434
  I didn't mean the overt kind, I meant the low level harmonic kind. The kind that's very difficult to hear directly but manifests (for me) as pressure and an odd feeling on the ears after a while.

Yes, it was exactly like that

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #362 of 434

Whats the difference in sound between Custom One Pro and DT 1770 Pro?

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #363 of 434
It really depends where you set the bassports to on the custom one pro, but no matter what you do you'll always get this weird dip about the 90Hz region or that non-existant treble region. That shouldn't happen with the DT1770, though I am still waiting for a sound signature graph to come out.

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #364 of 434
Hi guys. Sorry for the bother but i need some guidance... :)

A guy just made a offer of 100 euros plus a mint custom one pro plus for my pair of ath m50x's.... Good or bad deal?

To be honest i never triedthe custom one pro but the deal os pretty tempting.... Usually i like the type of sound of the m50x and hd25.... I have a 80ohm dt770 wich are not bad.. But i wish they were a bit punchier and more agresive, specially for rock... Are the custon one pros very similar to my dt770?

Still if they are not my kind of headphones i think i can easilly sell them for 80 euros or so....

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #365 of 434
I don't know what the relative pricing of those headphones are in your country, but over here that would be a screaming good deal.

The COP is like a less refined DT770, but with the fun of playing around with the vents.

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #366 of 434
I don't know what the relative pricing of those headphones are in your country, but over here that would be a screaming good deal.

The COP is like a less refined DT770, but with the fun of playing around with the vents.

Right now according to european amazons the best price for the m50x is 159 euros, while the pro plus goes for around 155 and the first edition pro (no extra plates) for 135.

I think its totally worth it even if i dont like it.... Problem is if later i regret and want to buy the m50x again.... Its too damn expensive right now.... I bought mine 6 months ago for 125 on amazon. Dont know what made the price go up so much....

But even if i regret i think i would first get a pair of hd25s or the momentum 2.0 (over ear). I prefer the hd25 to the m50x.... Pads are still a bit small on the m50x so of i have pain to deal with at least i prefer the sound and perfect fit of the hd25

But would you say the cops are bad all rounders? Much inferior to the m50x or dt770 in terms of audio quality, resolution, etc?

My plan for this year was actually to trade my 2 current headphones. As i said earlier i am thinking of returning to the hd25 after a meh experience wih the amperior and get the momentums 2.0 (loved the sound of the first ones but the fit and confort was horrible).

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #367 of 434
A used M50x is pretty easy to find on the used market, so I don't think it'll be a problem if you ever want to go back to it. I do highly recommend getting some Shure 840 pads to put on the M50 if you go back. They are slightly larger but far more comfortable and sound better.

The COP is inferior to the DT770 and is mainly held back by its lousy drivers. Sonically it just doesn't resolve as well and distorts at higher levels. The newer COP Studios supposedly have better drivers but I haven't heard it. It would be interesting to drop in a pair of 770 or Tesla drivers into it.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #368 of 434
The COP is inferior to the DT770 and is mainly held back by its lousy drivers. Sonically it just doesn't resolve as well and distorts at higher levels...It would be interesting to drop in a pair of 770 or Tesla drivers into it.
I can attest to this.

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #369 of 434
A used M50x is pretty easy to find on the used market, so I don't think it'll be a problem if you ever want to go back to it. I do highly recommend getting some Shure 840 pads to put on the M50 if you go back. They are slightly larger but far more comfortable and sound better.

The COP is inferior to the DT770 and is mainly held back by its lousy drivers. Sonically it just doesn't resolve as well and distorts at higher levels. The newer COP Studios supposedly have better drivers but I haven't heard it. It would be interesting to drop in a pair of 770 or Tesla drivers into it.

I am tempted to accpet the deal but at the same time i am a bit affraid.... Been reading a bit about the cops and i am seeing a lot of coments about clipping, distortion and etc at higher volumes. Also, i see many people complaining about cable problems.... How serious are these issues? Should i be worried or only some units have this?

On the new plus edition, nothing was made to revise this issues?

Cheers...

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #370 of 434
I am tempted to accpet the deal but at the same time i am a bit affraid.... Been reading a bit about the cops and i am seeing a lot of coments about clipping, distortion and etc at higher volumes. Also, i see many people complaining about cable problems.... How serious are these issues? Should i be worried or only some units have this?

On the new plus edition, nothing was made to revise this issues?

Cheers...

The plus edition has and extra cable included, but the driver is no different. So, basically no cable issues, and the sound still sounds like a COP XD so frankly, they're still bad. 

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #372 of 434
Thats encouraging.... :\
For me the COP is really only good for its body to do driver transplant mods on. The DT770, DT1770, T1, and TH900 are all good candidates.

Feb 19, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #373 of 434
For me the COP is really only good for its body to do driver transplant mods on...

Heh, this was my take on that... http://www.head-fi.org/t/656644/ortho-transplant-fostex-t50rp-drivers-into-a-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #374 of 434

Heh, this was my take on that... http://www.head-fi.org/t/656644/ortho-transplant-fostex-t50rp-drivers-into-a-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro

So, it took custom cut baffles just to hold the driver in place? I'm just glad that the TH-900 (the whole TH lineup really) is already circular, though I'm hoping that the diameter is just about or under 100mm like it is with the DT and Telsa lineups. Not going to do that mod quite yet, but definitely will be doing it once I have enough funds.

Feb 19, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #375 of 434
The T50rp drivers are not round like your typical drivers, so yeah a custom baffle was needed. The DT family of drivers are a literal drop in replacement though (I took the COP driver and baffle assembly and dropped it into a DT770 shell), and I belive if you have a Tesla assembly it also fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back