Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Feb 19, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #376 of 434

...The DT family of drivers are a literal drop in replacement though (I took the COP driver and baffle assembly and dropped it into a DT770 shell), and I belive if you have a Tesla assembly it also fits.

The Telsa assembly does fit, but it's a pain since they are "angled" and the "tabs" also don't match up on both sides since there is a distinctive left and right driver. In order to get them to fit you have to either remove or bend this one piece that stems off of the high point of the angled driver, and you either have to remove the tabs from the driver or carve the body of the COP to fit them. To illustrate what I am trying to say, here's and image with the "tab" marked marked as green, the "angled" part in red, and that part that stems of of the angled part in blue.

Here's a photo of what needs to be done to the COP housing to fit the T1 (I used your photo btw):

Feb 20, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #379 of 434
Ah yes I remember your custom T1 COP thread. Are you still using that?
Do you still use your COP T50rp? Or do you perhaps use a different pair of headphones for daily use? Either way a T50rp with variable bass sounds like it'd be amazing.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #380 of 434
Do you still use your COP T50rp? Or do you perhaps use a different pair of headphones for daily use? Either way a T50rp with variable bass sounds like it'd be amazing.

My daily is the HE-6... so most of the others are kinda obsolete. For walking about I either use a Pioneer HDJ-2000 (modded of course) or VSonic GR07.

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #383 of 434
I read something about Beyerdynamics having a high treble which is quite annoying...
Is this noticeable with the COP?
It's nothing that a bit of butyl and dynamat tape can't fix.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #384 of 434
Guys.... Please dont be mean.... Just got a pair of custom one pro plus (i was offered the cops and 100 euros for my m50xs)... Is it too bad to like them more than a dt770 pro 80? :\

To be honest after all the bashing o was expecting the cops to be horrible but i really liked them.... Its a sound that its smoother but at the same time not further from the m50x.... Its like a m50x and a dt770 had a smooth ass (bit bloated) baby.... But i kind of like it....:D

If i am crazy shoot ahead.... :)

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #385 of 434
Guys.... Please dont be mean.... Just got a pair of custom one pro plus (i was offered the cops and 100 euros for my m50xs)... Is it too bad to like them more than a dt770 pro 80? :\

To be honest after all the bashing o was expecting the cops to be horrible but i really liked them.... Its a sound that its smoother but at the same time not further from the m50x.... Its like a m50x and a dt770 had a smooth ass (bit bloated) baby.... But i kind of like it....
biggrin.gif

If i am crazy shoot ahead....
smily_headphones1.gif

There's nothing wrong about you liking a specific headphone. Even if others may disagree, ultimately its your choice.
I do consider the COP a quite nice, affordable headphone that offers lots of fun. Just missing treble detail, which is why I prefer the Custom Studio (which does not work well with mobile gear though, just a bit too insensitive).

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #386 of 434
There's nothing wrong about you liking a specific headphone. Even if others may disagree, ultimately its your choice.
I do consider the COP a quite nice, affordable headphone that offers lots of fun. Just missing treble detail, which is why I prefer the Custom Studio (which does not work well with mobile gear though, just a bit too insensitive).

The thing is.... I thoight they were going to be so bad that i already had a meeting almost schedueled to trade them for a hd25.... Now i having second thoughts because i think they are actually very nice sounding....

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #387 of 434
The thing is.... I thoight they were going to be so bad that i already had a meeting almost schedueled to trade them for a hd25.... Now i having second thoughts because i think they are actually very nice sounding....

I know how convincing some loud opinions over here can sound...
While the HD25 is nice for what it gets used most (monitoring) I don't think its sound quality is that good... bass does not go deep enough for my taste, its quite closed in. Yes, its more compact than the COP and has a nice utilitarian look to it. I think the COP is more fun though.

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #388 of 434
I want to find a closed pair for my HD650 with similar signature. I tried: OPPO PM-3, Denon MM400, Final audio design Heaven IV, Sony Z7, Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-ear, DT 1350 and Custom Studio.

Closer to HD650 are DT1350 and Custom studio. 1350 is brighter and has a bit more bass. So I prefer a "Custom studio". But I can not find to listen a COP :frowning2: It should be easier to drive by my DAP.

Mar 13, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #389 of 434
I know how convincing some loud opinions over here can sound...
While the HD25 is nice for what it gets used most (monitoring) I don't think its sound quality is that good... bass does not go deep enough for my taste, its quite closed in. Yes, its more compact than the COP and has a nice utilitarian look to it. I think the COP is more fun though.

I will have to take a few hours to evaluate and compare the cops a little bit more, therefore i postponed the trade.... One thing is for sure, they are better than i thought they would and in my opinion they are not very far away from the m50x.... Like a tiny bit more bloated but smoother and spacious and less impactfull m50x....

My gf and sister prefer the dt770 though.... Even unamped.... Both also dont like the m50x that much....

Yes the hd25 has a very confined sound but for punk rock and edm they are are awesome....

Here are my both beyers.... :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #390 of 434
Are you guys absolutely sure that nothing was changed on the cop plus? Saw 2 reviews.... One by dale thorn claiming it sounded slightly different and better than the 2012 model and i also saw other review on a tech something forum or whatever was the name claiming that the padding is now better and that they are slightly less bassy....

Really cant understand why some bash the cop plus (i have the cop plus, never tried the other one) so badly... Unless someone really wants a flatter more audiophile sound i think they are pretty good and better than headphones like for example the sony mdr 1r. Yes the mids are slightly and the sound a bit warm but overall it is a very nice tunning. I used them on setting 3 by the way....

I am a guy that likes very much the hd25, the over ear momentum and m50x.... They may not as good as some of this cans but i would also not claim that they are far behind.

Its just that some people make them seem like a piece of rubbish and so far thats not my opinion at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back