Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Oct 5, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #346 of 434
I was wondering.
Why COP isnt one of the most recommended ehadphones out there ? It have customizable bass afterall... I don't own it. Just asking

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #347 of 434
Because ultimately it is not a terribly great performer. Just because you can alter bass response on the fly doesn't make something sound better. Now if it had better drivers and some damping inside, it could be a different story.

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #348 of 434
  Because ultimately it is not a terribly great performer. Just because you can alter bass response on the fly doesn't make something sound better. Now if it had better drivers and some damping inside, it could be a different story.

I think the Custom Studio, while similar, is ultimately a better headphone than COP.  It has 80 ohm drivers, probably from the 80 ohm DT770's.

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #349 of 434
Hey guys.... Need a little help here....
I already have a pair of m50x anda a pair of dt770 pro 80s.... I lovr them both but now i have the cance of getting a pair of custom obe pro studio for 70 euros....
Do you guys think its worth it? My favs so far are still the hd25s and the momentums in tetms of sound quality ever....

Had anyone compared the nee pro studios to any of these 4 headphones i mentioned?

Cheers.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #350 of 434
I wouldn't consider it an upgrade from your current cans, but that's not a bad price at all.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #351 of 434
It's really amazing how people's view differ.  Especially concerning bass on this forum.  Everywhere you look you see people claiming a certain headphone is a bass cannon, or has too much thump.  I can't tell you how many times I've then bought that headphone only to discover how wrong they are IMHO.

Even with a powerful DAC/AMP I find the Beyer COP to be nothing of the sort.  And they can't handle heavy EQ'ing without clipping, (yes I know what I'm doing and I drop the preamp, and no I don't need some fool telling me otherwise).

It's really too bad because they are comfortable as crap, the isolation is fantastic, and the adjustable port is wonderful.

Nov 7, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #352 of 434
A lot of people also define bass at different points. The "impact" bass is typically in the 100-150ish Hz range; some call this the midbass region. Deep rumbly stuff takes you to 60Hz. Below that you're into electronica as there are almost no instruments that go that low. There's also the subbass range, though no one really agrees on where that is or whether it's technically a part of the "bass" zone or below the threshold of hearing.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #353 of 434
  I wonder if anyone's put tesla drivers into those yet. Anyhow, here's my transplant that I did a couple years ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/656644/ortho-transplant-fostex-t50rp-drivers-into-a-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro

Right here actually: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784337

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #354 of 434
The on ear Custom Street doesn't seem to get much attention l.

Nov 11, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #356 of 434
Another thing I found really strange with them is they are fatiguing even at low volume levels.  Not in the way of sibilence.  In the same way that noise canceling headphones give you that strange feeling after a while.  Even though the COP's aren't active noise canceling.  I gave them an honest chance and got rid of them after a few days.  I would have been willing to see if the drivers would loosen up over time but that strange feeling was a deal breaker for sure.

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #357 of 434
  Another thing I found really strange with them is they are fatiguing even at low volume levels.  Not in the way of sibilence.  In the same way that noise canceling headphones give you that strange feeling after a while.

Interesting... I had a similar impression when I started using them in the office. Just could not warm up to them... while I liked the Custom Studio very much. Maybe its the pads that make such a difference, velour with the Studio vs. pleather with the COP.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #358 of 434
  Another thing I found really strange with them is they are fatiguing even at low volume levels.  Not in the way of sibilence.  In the same way that noise canceling headphones give you that strange feeling after a while. 

I'd chalk that up to distortion.

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #360 of 434
I didn't mean the overt kind, I meant the low level harmonic kind. The kind that's very difficult to hear directly but manifests (for me) as pressure and an odd feeling on the ears after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back