Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Dec 8, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #241 of 434
Oh yeah, yeah - sorry I thought you meant EQing.  I definitely used those and noticed the gradual increases in bass.  Still would like more bass though..haha.  

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #242 of 434
You could try to bend the headband together to get a tighter fit. I did that to my pair because I thought the fit was a bit loose. When the fit got tighter the bass increased a notch (literally: I now get around the same bass at setting two as I did before on setting three).

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #243 of 434
You could try to bend the headband together to get a tighter fit. I did that to my pair because I thought the fit was a bit loose. When the fit got tighter the bass increased a notch (literally: I now get around the same bass at setting two as I did before on setting three).

I did notice a tad more sound coming in and I suppose this makes sense given the sheer physics of it all, but I need significant bass.  Shall I say I am a bass whore.  Excuse the language.  Thanks for pointing out what I should have noticed all along!!

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #245 of 434
With any more bass than COPs on notch 4 and any type of amp with a bass boost, like the fiio e18, you're gonna damage your ears real fast.

I hear you (no pun intended).  From what I have read, I keep the volume at 50% or less.  I rarely jack up the volume over 50% and when I do it's usually for a particular part of a song.  Hopefully that's not causing too much damage.  I am rather new to the audiophile world and just picked up the Fiio E6 that came with the ATH M50x.  I don't even know if I'm using it right but it seems to make a bit of a difference.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #246 of 434
I'm currently breaking in my pair. They have changed a lot over the ~25 hours I have put into them. Lower treble 3-4 kHz) was very forward for a while and it wasn't pleasant at all. Now they are clearing up and getting more balanced. Basically, I think they are great value. I will try some mods to see if I can get the best (in my opinion) out of them.

Here's an easy and completely reversible mod to get more bass / tame the highs:

Cut a disc of felt with diameter 9.5 cm. Then cut a center hole with diameter 5 cm.

Tuck it in under the ear pad like this (you don't need to remove the pads).

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #248 of 434
I'm currently breaking in my pair. They have changed a lot over the ~25 hours I have put into them. Lower treble 3-4 kHz) was very forward for a while and it wasn't pleasant at all. Now they are clearing up and getting more balanced. Basically, I think they are great value. I will try some mods to see if I can get the best (in my opinion) out of them.

Here's an easy and completely reversible mod to get more bass / tame the highs:

Cut a disc of felt with diameter 9.5 cm. Then cut a center hole with diameter 5 cm.

Tuck it in under the ear pad like this (you don't need to remove the pads).

interesting mod! is it more mid range or low end?

Jan 4, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #251 of 434
Bought a set (brand new) of the Custom One Pro's a few weeks ago...I had them on for about 20 minutes when the right speaker died.

Tried a different cable...same problem. Thought it might be the source...plugged in a different set of headphones...they worked 100%.

I am on another forum and a few people there have had the exact same problem.. So I won't be getting those again.

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #252 of 434
Hello guys,

I've just bought a COP with velours pads. Not received yet.
But I'd like to prepare some customized plates and designs.

Can anyone provide me the template shape of the plate (scale 1:1) ?
Do you have a .psd file ready to draw some custom designs?

or please just tell me the width of the plate.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
Ben

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #253 of 434
How do the new Custom One Pro Plus differ from the original.

The only thing I can see that's new is an extra  one button remote cable.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #254 of 434
To my knowledge its only the additional accessories that come with the headphone (i.e. the cable you mentioned in addition to the straight cable without mic plus a selection of 16 faceplate designs and a tool to change them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back