Beyerdynamic comparison - input needed
Aug 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #16 of 21
For people looking at Beyers and need microphones as well, they do sell versions of the DT150 and DT250 with microphone attachments as well.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #18 of 21
It´s already there: DT 770 + microphone = MMX 300.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-mmx-300-pc-gaming-premium-digital-headset-with-microphone

I am using beyerdynamic MMX 300 on my PC unamped - great! (I do not use the supplied detachable USB converter, only my sound card). Headphone impedance is 32 ohm that matches best with most sound cards. If you like the sound of the DT 770s and need a microphone, just check the MMX 300. The mic is also perfect for doing Skype - crystal clear and warm speech transmission.

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #19 of 21
Yeah the 770 is good for gaming. I used to tuck a labtec stick mic under one of the earpads until I got a Logitech HD webcam C510 for $40 at office max. The thing works sweet, way better than a mic mod imo. It just sits on top of my monitor and my friends can hear me just as good. Just a thought.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #20 of 21
Bringing this thread back to life for a moment as someone here might be able to answer my question.

Just got the MMX 300 and am loving the sound.  Which Beyer does the sound of it most correspond to?  I've read that it is basically a 770 with a mic, but when I auditioned the 770 a while back I remember being rather unimpressed with it.  Is there anyone out there who has the MMX 300 and some other Beyers that has made a direct comparison?  Was I just having a bad day when I auditioned the 770 before or is it just an urban myth that these two sound the same since they are both closed back Beyers?

I'm just really enjoying the overall sound and the low end that I haven't heard on my magnum v4s, Shure 940s, or even my prior Senn HD-25-1-II (though not 100% on that last one as audio memory is a tricky beast)

And is this what I've been missing?  Should I be chasing a Denon 5k or Ultrasone pro 900 now?

Thanks all

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got the MMX 300 and am loving the sound.  Which Beyer does the sound of it most correspond to?  I've read that it is basically a 770 with a mic, but when I auditioned the 770 a while back I remember being rather unimpressed with it.

It is a 32 Ohm DT770. You may have heard a "pro" version before, which sound somewhat different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back