Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Oct 4, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #391 of 784
I find it a bit louder, using the USB cable also maybe by 10 percent? Wonder if anyone has measured the output to confirm this or maybe it's in the specifications already I haven't read through the tech sheet

Yes it is a bit louder but equal level can be achieved by turning on the phone's volume. Example: 30/100 volume of Windows via USB = 50/100 volume of phone via bluetooth

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #392 of 784
This headphone is really a bliss.. surprisingly it doesn't get much attention. Bluetooth is a huge convencience, in addition to the headphone you just need a smartphone instead of source+ dac + preamp+ amp + cable (!) setups which are inconvenient, importable, complex and expensive as hell.

Amiron Wireless sounds just quite good, at its price of $700 it sound as good as similar priced sub $1k closed backs (keep in mind you also need $1k amp or DAP with a $1k wired headphone) It sounds exceptional with almost every genre and type of music. The sound signature is perfect, balanced basis and slight v-shape to add punch to low and high end while maintaining neutrality.

It also sounds good with imperfect recordings which is a big plus as well. You may say "just listen to high quality recordings bro" but many of my favorite artists and composers' music are sadly poorly mastered and compressed. They sound unlistenable with some headphones but reasonably good with Amiron.

Make sure that your device has aptX HD. Many flasgship headphones have it, and there some software tweaks to insert aptX HD into an Androice device which doesn't originally support it (PM me for help :) )

Some people questionad Amiron's portable usage, I am doing very fine with my backpack. After taking it off put the Amiron into its case and the case into your backpack (Never simply throw Amiron into your backback, it can get harmed and gather dust). And the passive isolation is good enough to wear it at almost everywhere.

Oct 9, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #393 of 784
This headphone is really a bliss.. surprisingly it doesn't get much attention. Bluetooth is a huge convencience, in addition to the headphone you just need a smartphone instead of source+ dac + preamp+ amp + cable (!) setups which are inconvenient, importable, complex and expensive as hell.

Amiron Wireless sounds just quite good, at its price of $700 it sound as good as similar priced sub $1k closed backs (keep in mind you also need $1k amp or DAP with a $1k wired headphone) It sounds exceptional with almost every genre and type of music. The sound signature is perfect, balanced basis and slight v-shape to add punch to low and high end while maintaining neutrality.

It also sounds good with imperfect recordings which is a big plus as well. You may say "just listen to high quality recordings bro" but many of my favorite artists and composers' music are sadly poorly mastered and compressed. They sound unlistenable with some headphones but reasonably good with Amiron.

Make sure that your device has aptX HD. Many flasgship headphones have it, and there some software tweaks to insert aptX HD into an Androice device which doesn't originally support it (PM me for help :) )

Some people questionad Amiron's portable usage, I am doing very fine with my backpack. After taking it off put the Amiron into its case and the case into your backpack (Never simply throw Amiron into your backback, it can get harmed and gather dust). And the passive isolation is good enough to wear it at almost everywhere.
I think the Amiron Wireless' are under-rated. I too like their wireless convenience, even if they don't go as loud as I'd like sometimes.
They have the typical Beyer 'house sound', which I'm a big fan of.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #394 of 784
I personally feel that Amiron Wireless needs those mods to truly come alive.
Oh really? Thats a shame, I changed to the Dekoni Sheepskin pads and have to say I'm pretty happy with the improvement. They are slightly thicker pads so I guess that would help with increasing the seal. The biggest compliment I can give them is that before the difference between pushing the cups into my ears was night and day in terms of bass response.. with the Dekoni pads its almost unnoticeable the difference if I now press on the cups..

I am satisfied with my Amiron Wireless but I agree that the stock pads don't have perfect seal and replacing earpads can make things better.

I found Dekan Audio Hybrid Earpads, it supports Amion as well
https://www.amazon.com/Dekoni-Audio-Earpads-Beyerdynamic-Headphones/dp/B07FNYBV8Y/

Do you suggest changing the earpads for better headphone experience (many people under this thread did) ? And can the change be done by someone with absolutely zero modding experience like me?

Oct 11, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #395 of 784
I searched this thread but did not see a definitive answer so I'll ask: how much do these leak? Could you wear them sitting next to someone on a plane or train without bothering them?

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #396 of 784
I am satisfied with my Amiron Wireless but I agree that the stock pads don't have perfect seal and replacing earpads can make things better.

I found Dekan Audio Hybrid Earpads, it supports Amion as well
https://www.amazon.com/Dekoni-Audio-Earpads-Beyerdynamic-Headphones/dp/B07FNYBV8Y/

Do you suggest changing the earpads for better headphone experience (many people under this thread did) ? And can the change be done by someone with absolutely zero modding experience like me?
IMO other people may disagree, but I think earpad swap for something that seals better is a must. The swap is very easy, no modding experience necessary, the earpad pieces are being held in place by pure friction, you will probably need something plastic to pry them off, but they come off pretty easy. After you swap the pads, just press them back into place.

I searched this thread but did not see a definitive answer so I'll ask: how much do these leak? Could you wear them sitting next to someone on a plane or train without bothering them?
Stock pads did not seal very well for me, there is definitely sound leakage, with memory foam pleather/sheepskin pads there is no discernible sound leakage.

Oct 12, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #397 of 784
I don't agree in general with swapping pads is always better, but with amiron wireless is definitely a must for certain people like me with small round head shape. The problem arises because the
pads are thick and require certain force to mould to your head, this prevent proper sealing .....I still don't understand what exact range was missing with stock pads
but the sound was not right in the mids . I then tried beyerdynamic T1 pads and it was worst, it leaked and bass disappeared completely then tried beyer EDT 770 V that were in my drawer
and it worked very very vell, so well I have decided to keep the headphones that I would have returned otherwise.In my opinion the sound now is better than with original pads being pressed, so I don't believe it's a simple leaking thing, but as I said at the beginning it might occur only to certain people with certain head shapes otherwise I cannot understand how many others praise these so much....I might try dekoni in the future but are expensive and for the moment I'm very happy and these are original beyer and much cheaper and giving them a funky look being light grey velour :)
If somebody having amiron wireless with dekoni could try EDT 770 and post impression I might change my mind!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #398 of 784
IMO other people may disagree, but I think earpad swap for something that seals better is a must. The swap is very easy, no modding experience necessary, the earpad pieces are being held in place by pure friction, you will probably need something plastic to pry them off, but they come off pretty easy. After you swap the pads, just press them back into place.

Stock pads did not seal very well for me, there is definitely sound leakage, with memory foam pleather/sheepskin pads there is no discernible sound leakage.

Agreed, stock pads don't seal well. They need to be manually pushed in for the best seal.

Which alternate pad do you recommend? Small price diffs don't matter, want the best one.

Found this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNYBV8Y?tag=3340693-headfi-20

Talked to Dekoni Audio and it supports Amiron Wireless as well. Good one ?

Oct 23, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #399 of 784
Finally actually got the Amiron Wireless. As a wireless headphone, it is top notch, but I do prefer the sound when wired. I sold my t5p.2 to buy these, and am glad I did.

Hi, could you explain to me why you preferred the Amiron Wireless over the t5p.2? Which kind of music do you listen?
It's been two weeks since I'm trying to decide between the Amiron wireless and T5p.2 -_-'

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #400 of 784
Hi, could you explain to me why you preferred the Amiron Wireless over the t5p.2? Which kind of music do you listen?
It's been two weeks since I'm trying to decide between the Amiron wireless and T5p.2 -_-'
The difference between these two models is quite difficult to describe.
I’ve owned both T5p and T5p.2, and couldn’t really get on with either of them. To my ears they both sounded thin, with a highly emphasised upper-mid/lower treble, which made them sound shrill. BUT I must say that some people love them. This game is all about personal preference.
The Amiron Wireless sound more balanced to my ears, with a more even sound-signature.
But you’ll probably have to hear both models yourself to make a meaningful comparison.

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #401 of 784
The difference between these two models is quite difficult to describe.
I’ve owned both T5p and T5p.2, and couldn’t really get on with either of them. To my ears, they both sounded thin, with a highly emphasised upper-mid/lower treble, which made them sound shrill. BUT I must say that some people love them. This game is all about personal preference.
The Amiron Wireless sound more balanced to my ears, with a more even sound-signature.
But you’ll probably have to hear both models yourself to make a meaningful comparison.

Yeah, I understand that is difficult to describe differences in the sound signature between the two headphones. What I like to do in these cases is to find a comparison with a headphone that I already own/owned, but in this case, it was not possible. So... I pulled the trigger. Amiron wireless 350 euro refurbished on Amazon. I will listen to them and then thank your and other comments I can at least have an idea of how the t5p.2 sounds in comparison. Eventually, I could also order them on the Beyerdynamic outlet where they offer a 60-days return :)

Oct 23, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #403 of 784
I would get the standard amiron wired version. They are better for sure. Wireless version doesn't seal well. T5p must need an Amp or something because run from a DAP it sounded like crap to me. Just lacked clarity by comparison. Amiron Home are great phones though.

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #404 of 784
Agreed, stock pads don't seal well. They need to be manually pushed in for the best seal.

Which alternate pad do you recommend? Small price diffs don't matter, want the best one.

Found this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNYBV8Y?tag=3340693-headfi-20

Talked to Dekoni Audio and it supports Amiron Wireless as well. Good one ?

The hybrid pads are not known for their seal or passive attenuation. If you aim for that I suggest the lamb skin pads over the hybrids or fenestrated ones.

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #405 of 784
I would get the standard amiron wired version. They are better for sure. Wireless version doesn't seal well. T5p must need an Amp or something because run from a DAP it sounded like crap to me. Just lacked clarity by comparison. Amiron Home are great phones though.

You made me curious. I did something I never tried before: I plugged the T90 straight into the XDP30 (set with high gain). They sounded very well! And even more surprising they actually sounded way better when plugged directly in the player, then when using the O2 amplifier. Using the O2 remove some bass and make the hights more shrilling. Same applies with the HD650, with the difference that in this case, the O2 improves the sound since they are already quite dark.
At this point, I'm curious to hear the Amiron wireless. They may make me sell the P9 that I don't particularly like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back