Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Apr 22, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #361 of 784
Yikes I hope it didn't brick it.
unlug the headphones from the computer, try to do a factory reset. And try again.
For reference, I downloaded Window_UpdateHubV100.exe but I see that the web site now has version V101.

May 1, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #363 of 784
Hi

I am currently debating between the Amiron Wireless and the Sony WH-1000XM3. I am not sure which is better for my use and purpose. The amiron cost x2 the price of the Sony 1000xm3, just trying to decide if its worth it.

I am looking for a general listening and multi- purpose headphones for PC Gaming( although not ideal) , Listening to Music, watching YouTube videos and movies on netflix ect and need it to be comfortable for wearing few hours at a time and LONG battery life. I don't really need noise cancelling but its just a bonus.

So is the amiron worth it over the sony?

Thanks

May 1, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #364 of 784
Hi

I am currently debating between the Amiron Wireless and the Sony WH-1000XM3. I am not sure which is better for my use and purpose. The amiron cost x2 the price of the Sony 1000xm3, just trying to decide if its worth it.

I am looking for a general listening and multi- purpose headphones for PC Gaming( although not ideal) , Listening to Music, watching YouTube videos and movies on netflix ect and need it to be comfortable for wearing few hours at a time and LONG battery life. I don't really need noise cancelling but its just a bonus.

Thanks

I own both Amiron Wireless and WH-1000xm3, for general purposes the Amiron is best. It's the most comfortable and has the most detailed and balanced sound. The WH-1000xm3 are smaller and more light wieght, But I didn't find these to be comfortable for long term sessions. After 20-30 mins they kinda hurt my ears. I think to preserve the noise canceling feature, the clamping force is a bit tight, and without a little break in the seal my ears also start to sweat a little. The sound is another issue. The M3 has a very V shaped sound that's not that great for every genre. It's not as terrible as the original or QC35, but compared to the superior Amiron or even the B&W PX, they short in the sound department.
I so personally would say to stick with the Amiron Wireless, only change the pads as they aren't that good, I talked about this earlier in the thread. If noise canceling is nessasary then also take a look at the PX,. They are the the best sounding wireless with NC headphones , that I've heard so far.

If you wanna stick with Sony then go for the M1 version. The originals have a much flatter sound signature, but are the less detailed.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #365 of 784
Hi

Thanks
I had both, I sold the Sony 1000XM3 and kept the Amiron Wireless. For my use Amiron was a superior choice. Caveat - I had to switch earpads on Amiron to Brainwavz memory foam pads, and I also had to bend yokes a bit for better fit to get the best sound out of Amiron. Without those mods Amiron sounded tinny and lifeless. I personally feel that Amiron Wireless needs those mods to truly come alive.

- Comparing modded Amiron Wireless with Sony 1000XM3, Amiron clearly does not have noise cancelling, but with memory foam pads that provide much better seal than stock pads it has enough isolation to block out most everything except aiplane engine noise. Noise isolation is not an issue unless you fly a lot.
- Comfort wise both have pros and cons. Amiron is noticeably heavier than sony's, I do not find additional weight to be much of an issue, but some people might. On the other hand Amiron has a lot more volume inside earcups so unless you have exceptionally big ears your ears will never touch the inside of the headphones, Sonys have smaller cups which created a bit of discomfort for me because my ears were touching inside of the cups. Additionally, Sony's definitely felt warmer than Amiron, it may not be much of an issue if you use them in cold/airconditioned space, but I would not recommend Sonys in a hot/humid climate. Overall I'd give a small edge to Amiron for comfort due to Sony's small and warm earcups.
- Active wear is one area where Sonys are better than Amiron. Sony's just stay put on your head and don't move when you do. Amiron is much heavier and I can feel them move ever so slightly on my head if I decide to walk around in them, and they also tend to slip from my head if I have to look down for whatever reason. Due to their size and weight Amiron's are better suited for home listening. For listening on the go Sonys are a better choice if you can get past their crappy sound quality - see next section.
- Sound wise IMO Amiron is far superior to Sony's. I'm not sure I would agree that Sony has V shaped sound signature, I think it's more like \_ sound signature with flat mids and highs and really boosted base. Sonys base actually impressed me when I first got them, but it only took me a day or two to realize just how bloated and sloppy that base is. Sonys went with base quantity over quality. Amiron does need a good seal around your ears to provide a good base which is part of the reason why I said memory foam pads are a must for Amiron, but once modded the Amirons best sony in every single aspect of sound presentation. No comparison. Sony's sound like a $75 pair of headphones, not a $300 ones. You pay extra $225 for noise cancelling and Sony's brand name. And to add to the insult enabling noise cancellation degrades already poor sound quality even further.

IMO I would only recommend Sony if you need noise cancelling because you fly a lot or because you use your headphones on the go. Otherwise modded Amiron all the way.

May 15, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #366 of 784
Hi

I am sorry for the late reply and wanted to firstly thank you both for taking the time to reply and help me, also for the detailed reply both of you gave me. Thank you

Now, I have been going back and forth between the two for quite some time and with not much reviews out there comparing both, It was hard to decide but after the help i received here i bought the Amiron. Indeed they sound amazing ( for wireless headphones) and were good with 95% of what i listen to. Movies sounded very good and also surprisingly games sounded excellent too. My only issue was bass was sometimes lacking in some song i listen to, specially bass heavy songs and some classical songs i listen to the violin sounded a little recessed or behind a veil or some kid, very hard to explian. It could be the bad song quality I have. But overall what a great listening experience, they sounded better than Sen HD 650 also the HIFIman 400, less bass than the 400 but much more clarity. The vocals sound very in your face and clear.
This headphone is just so comfortable and soft and no sweaty ears even after 5 hours of listing. My main issue with them is the clamping force is not correct as mentioned by your posts above, needs more clamping and the bass starts to sound less flat. I wish this headphone had more bass, it would of been the perfect headphone for just about everything. I don't like too much bass so i am not bass head but little more could of helped.

Now, i was also interested to know what 1000XM3 sound like, so got a second hand pair of amazon to try and I have to be honest these just don't sound good at all. Even with bass adjustment. They have great bass, but the vocals don't sound clear, they sound far away as if hiding behind something. The Amiron blow them out the water for sound quality. I cant believe Sony charge £300 for these. Most of these review sites should hold their head in shame about the reviews they write, they made the Sony out to sound like its next best thing since slice bread and its not by a long shot. But the worst thing for me is that after 30min my ears start to sweat badly and it made whole listening experience very uncomfortable and the pads on the sony just are not grat quality, very soft and get wrinkly so quick. I understand why they did this but what put me off them was that you need to send them to sony to change as they are not user severable or you cant buy them at least not original ones and must send them back to sony to replace for a tidy sum of £150. Sony are not feeling well even though i love the company.

I apologise for my very crude review, i am no audiophile and still have not got my head around all the audiophile lexicon.

To summarise definitely the best wireless headphone out there. I have tried a Lot of them so far but this just sound fantastic, i hope in the next revision they can keep the clarity but add tiny bit more bass. 9/10 for me. Just wish they were a little cheaper but they are so much better than anything out there cant complain.

Thanks for the help guys and your reviews were spot on.:)

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #367 of 784
Hi

I am sorry for the late reply and wanted to firstly thank you both for taking the time to reply and help me, also for the detailed reply both of you gave me. Thank you

Now, I have been going back and forth between the two for quite some time and with not much reviews out there comparing both, It was hard to decide but after the help i received here i bought the Amiron. Indeed they sound amazing ( for wireless headphones) and were good with 95% of what i listen to. Movies sounded very good and also surprisingly games sounded excellent too. My only issue was bass was sometimes lacking in some song i listen to, specially bass heavy songs and some classical songs i listen to the violin sounded a little recessed or behind a veil or some kid, very hard to explian. It could be the bad song quality I have. But overall what a great listening experience, they sounded better than Sen HD 650 also the HIFIman 400, less bass than the 400 but much more clarity. The vocals sound very in your face and clear.
This headphone is just so comfortable and soft and no sweaty ears even after 5 hours of listing. My main issue with them is the clamping force is not correct as mentioned by your posts above, needs more clamping and the bass starts to sound less flat. I wish this headphone had more bass, it would of been the perfect headphone for just about everything. I don't like too much bass so i am not bass head but little more could of helped.

Now, i was also interested to know what 1000XM3 sound like, so got a second hand pair of amazon to try and I have to be honest these just don't sound good at all. Even with bass adjustment. They have great bass, but the vocals don't sound clear, they sound far away as if hiding behind something. The Amiron blow them out the water for sound quality. I cant believe Sony charge £300 for these. Most of these review sites should hold their head in shame about the reviews they write, they made the Sony out to sound like its next best thing since slice bread and its not by a long shot. But the worst thing for me is that after 30min my ears start to sweat badly and it made whole listening experience very uncomfortable and the pads on the sony just are not grat quality, very soft and get wrinkly so quick. I understand why they did this but what put me off them was that you need to send them to sony to change as they are not user severable or you cant buy them at least not original ones and must send them back to sony to replace for a tidy sum of £150. Sony are not feeling well even though i love the company.

I apologise for my very crude review, i am no audiophile and still have not got my head around all the audiophile lexicon.

To summarise definitely the best wireless headphone out there. I have tried a Lot of them so far but this just sound fantastic, i hope in the next revision they can keep the clarity but add tiny bit more bass. 9/10 for me. Just wish they were a little cheaper but they are so much better than anything out there cant complain.

Thanks for the help guys and your reviews were spot on.:)
I don't own the Amiron Wireless...but I recall some (think it was this headphone) swapping pads for a better bass experience. It was on my list for a while, but I've spent my headphone allowance for the year already.

Bern

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #368 of 784
It amazes me that these headphones don't get more love. I adore mine and find them a fantastic listen, wired or bluetooth. They are supremely comfortable and I've no problem with a loose fit as described elsewhere. I tend to reach for them more often than my Nightowls, Sennheiser HD700s or Shure 1540s for general listening pleasure.

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #369 of 784
It amazes me that these headphones don't get more love. I adore mine and find them a fantastic listen, wired or bluetooth. They are supremely comfortable and I've no problem with a loose fit as described elsewhere. I tend to reach for them more often than my Nightowls, Sennheiser HD700s or Shure 1540s for general listening pleasure.
Totally agree with you. Similar for me. But isn't it often the case that the things that work well just simply don't get much attention? I, for one, am glad I bought these when they came out.

Aug 22, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #370 of 784
What are the pads you recommend for a better, tighter fit?

I wanted to buy these but I didn't because of reviews about the loose fit which led to poor bass performance. But if pad swaps work, I might consider these again.

Also, what is the best place to buy these in the UK? Amazon?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #371 of 784

I wanted to buy these but I didn't because of reviews about the loose fit which led to poor bass performance. But if pad swaps work, I might consider these again.

Stock pads. I find I have a perfectly comfortable and tight fit. I don't consider the headphones to have poor bass performance. It's punchy and taught. Yes, it doesn't vibrate your ears or go to cavernous depths, but that, to me, is a strength of the sound signature of these headphones, not a failing of fit or the pads.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #373 of 784
Stock pads. I find I have a perfectly comfortable and tight fit. I don't consider the headphones to have poor bass performance. It's punchy and taught. Yes, it doesn't vibrate your ears or go to cavernous depths, but that, to me, is a strength of the sound signature of these headphones, not a failing of fit or the pads.

I'd like to point out that Beyerdynamic periodically makes micro revisions to their headphones without announcing it. For example the original ear pads for the T5p were much thicker and plusher than the ones on the T5p released now which are the smaller ones from the DT1770, they didn't even bother to change the model number. As a result the sound and fit is different between the two. So the Amiron Wireless sold at the beginning of 2018 might be a slightly different version with a different fit from the ones released today. This results in some confusing experiences and opinions from customers who bought Beyerdynamic stuff at different times. Some say the fit is too loose some say its just right...etc.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #374 of 784
I disagree, they sound completely flat with stock pads, no bass whatsoever. It's easily fixed with aftermarket pads however.

This is what I purchased (except from US store).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brainwavz-ROUND-Replacement-Memory-Earpads-Black/dp/B072PPPWBF/
You'll have to cut excess leather wrap - brainwavz makes it extra large to make sure they fit as many headphones as possible - but that's an easy job and it completely fixes the bass problem.

And to echo previous posters, I'm enjoying my Amiron Wireless a lot, they are wonderful wonderful headphones.

Aug 31, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #375 of 784
I have just received my Amiron Wireless, I use my Galaxy S9's TIDAL with aptx HD and the sound is phenomenally good. My previous headphones were Sony XM3 and Bose QC 35, Amiron is in a completely new league in terms of sound quality.
The passive isolation is quite good, with music on the isolation is almost on par with XM3's ANC in medium-loud enviroments.

I will write a detailed review soon, so far I am really impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back