Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Sep 9, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #376 of 784
Hi

I am sorry for the late reply and wanted to firstly thank you both for taking the time to reply and help me, also for the detailed reply both of you gave me. Thank you

Now, I have been going back and forth between the two for quite some time and with not much reviews out there comparing both, It was hard to decide but after the help i received here i bought the Amiron. Indeed they sound amazing ( for wireless headphones) and were good with 95% of what i listen to. Movies sounded very good and also surprisingly games sounded excellent too. My only issue was bass was sometimes lacking in some song i listen to, specially bass heavy songs and some classical songs i listen to the violin sounded a little recessed or behind a veil or some kid, very hard to explian. It could be the bad song quality I have. But overall what a great listening experience, they sounded better than Sen HD 650 also the HIFIman 400, less bass than the 400 but much more clarity. The vocals sound very in your face and clear.
This headphone is just so comfortable and soft and no sweaty ears even after 5 hours of listing. My main issue with them is the clamping force is not correct as mentioned by your posts above, needs more clamping and the bass starts to sound less flat. I wish this headphone had more bass, it would of been the perfect headphone for just about everything. I don't like too much bass so i am not bass head but little more could of helped.

Now, i was also interested to know what 1000XM3 sound like, so got a second hand pair of amazon to try and I have to be honest these just don't sound good at all. Even with bass adjustment. They have great bass, but the vocals don't sound clear, they sound far away as if hiding behind something. The Amiron blow them out the water for sound quality. I cant believe Sony charge £300 for these. Most of these review sites should hold their head in shame about the reviews they write, they made the Sony out to sound like its next best thing since slice bread and its not by a long shot. But the worst thing for me is that after 30min my ears start to sweat badly and it made whole listening experience very uncomfortable and the pads on the sony just are not grat quality, very soft and get wrinkly so quick. I understand why they did this but what put me off them was that you need to send them to sony to change as they are not user severable or you cant buy them at least not original ones and must send them back to sony to replace for a tidy sum of £150. Sony are not feeling well even though i love the company.

I apologise for my very crude review, i am no audiophile and still have not got my head around all the audiophile lexicon.

To summarise definitely the best wireless headphone out there. I have tried a Lot of them so far but this just sound fantastic, i hope in the next revision they can keep the clarity but add tiny bit more bass. 9/10 for me. Just wish they were a little cheaper but they are so much better than anything out there cant complain.

Thanks for the help guys and your reviews were spot on.:)
The Amiron Wireless, and the Sony 1000XM3 are 'apples and oranges'. You can't really 'compare' them, as they have completely different uses and applications. I use the MDR-1000X's on the train to work commuting, and the Amiron Wireless at home.
The Sony's noise-canceling is class-leading, and they are wonderful at blocking-out background noise. They also sound pretty good too.
The Amiron Wireless is a 'home' set of cans. I just don't think they are suitable for mobile/walking/commuting use. Their large size is one thing, but they have no noise-cancelling.
I can see the justification for owning both, especially if you listen to music on the move. Otherwise, SQ wise, the Amiron's take the prize over the Sony's.

Sep 9, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #377 of 784
It amazes me that these headphones don't get more love. I adore mine and find them a fantastic listen, wired or bluetooth. They are supremely comfortable and I've no problem with a loose fit as described elsewhere. I tend to reach for them more often than my Nightowls, Sennheiser HD700s or Shure 1540s for general listening pleasure.
I must admit, the Amiron Wireless' were gathering dust on the shelf, until I tried them wired. They're GREAT wired! There's a real punch to them, and I think it changes their character completely.
I just don't find working wirelessly that they have the volume, or impact I'm looking for. They're OK, if you MUST go without wires, or you really prefer them that way, but I just wanted to say that wired, they really impress.

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #378 of 784
I must admit, the Amiron Wireless' were gathering dust on the shelf, until I tried them wired. They're GREAT wired! There's a real punch to them, and I think it changes their character completely.
I just don't find working wirelessly that they have the volume, or impact I'm looking for. They're OK, if you MUST go without wires, or you really prefer them that way, but I just wanted to say that wired, they really impress.

I agree they sound much better wired (and that is what I use them for out of my Naim Uniti Star as source and headphone amp), but wireless they still sound better than any other wireless headphones I have encountered or owned.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #379 of 784
The Amiron Wireless, and the Sony 1000XM3 are 'apples and oranges'. You can't really 'compare' them, as they have completely different uses and applications. I use the MDR-1000X's on the train to work commuting, and the Amiron Wireless at home.
The Sony's noise-canceling is class-leading, and they are wonderful at blocking-out background noise. They also sound pretty good too.
The Amiron Wireless is a 'home' set of cans. I just don't think they are suitable for mobile/walking/commuting use. Their large size is one thing, but they have no noise-cancelling.
I can see the justification for owning both, especially if you listen to music on the move. Otherwise, SQ wise, the Amiron's take the prize over the Sony's.

They are different but since they are both bluetooth it is not really "apples and oranges" better say "red apples vs green apples"

I own both, recently started to use Amiron on the go and its passive noise isolation is very good. With music on, blocking outside noise is almost on par with XM3. In airplanes ANC is definetly a must but other than that Amiron's passive isolation quite good and enough.

In terms of sound, of course Amiron blows XM3 away.

For any buyer, I recommend Amiron over Sony or Bose right now

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #380 of 784
They are different but since they are both bluetooth it is not really "apples and oranges" better say "red apples vs green apples"

I own both, recently started to use Amiron on the go and its passive noise isolation is very good. With music on, blocking outside noise is almost on par with XM3. In airplanes ANC is definetly a must but other than that Amiron's passive isolation quite good and enough.

In terms of sound, of course Amiron blows XM3 away.

For any buyer, I recommend Amiron other Sony or Bose right now
I disagree.
The Sony’s ANC blocks out SO much ambient noise, on the train, in the car/bus or even walking, that the Amiron’s ‘passive’ noise-cancelling can’t even begin to compete.
Especially when the maximum volume of the Amiron’s is so limited. The only ‘passive’ noise-cancelling that works for me is when there is enough volume/power to mitigate external noise, like when using my Hugo/DT1770 rig.
For people listening on the move, or commuting, then the Sony’s are untouchable IMO.
Just my ‘20 cents’, but the Amiron Wireless is only suitable for home/static use.

Sep 21, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #382 of 784
I love my Amiron wireless ,i use them with my Pixel 3 XL which supports ApX HD and in wired usb c mode on my surface computer they sound incredible especially in usb mode, i dont want to take them of my ears to be honest, i have numerous wirelss headphones B&W P7/PX, Psb M4u8, thw nuraphones ( yeah i know but i had to try them) lol, these are expensive but are well worth it im extremely happy chap and so are my ears!

Sep 21, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #383 of 784
I love my Amiron wireless ,i use them with my Pixel 3 XL which supports ApX HD and in wired usb c mode on my surface computer they sound incredible especially in usb mode, i dont want to take them of my ears to be honest, i have numerous wirelss headphones B&W P7/PX, Psb M4u8, thw nuraphones ( yeah i know but i had to try them) lol, these are expensive but are well worth it im extremely happy chap and so are my ears!

Do you find that when used wireless, that the Amiron are loud enough? One thing I really like about the PX is that they go louder than I need by far, at least for modern mastered music, which I appreciate because some older material needs greater volume.

I’ve seen mentioned that some found the Amiron Wireless wanting a little on volume.

Sep 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #385 of 784
Do you find that when used wireless, that the Amiron are loud enough? One thing I really like about the PX is that they go louder than I need by far, at least for modern mastered music, which I appreciate because some older material needs greater volume.

I’ve seen mentioned that some found the Amiron Wireless wanting a little on volume.
I think a lot depends on the Bluetooth source, but I agree that some other BT headphones (like my old B&W P7W's) do tend to go louder that the Amiron Wireless.
I do think that the Amiron's do tend to be on 'quiet' side used wirelessly, but that's all solved when using them wired.
But as I say, I find some BT sources louder than others?
The Amiron Wireless used wirelessly is certainly NOT a 'head-bangers' set of cans!

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #386 of 784
I think a lot depends on the Bluetooth source, but I agree that some other BT headphones (like my old B&W P7W's) do tend to go louder that the Amiron Wireless.
I do think that the Amiron's do tend to be on 'quiet' side used wirelessly, but that's all solved when using them wired.
But as I say, I find some BT sources louder than others?
The Amiron Wireless used wirelessly is certainly NOT a 'head-bangers' set of cans!

How would you describe the Amiron Wireless' sound? I am unsure about if it is dark, bright, neutral or V shaped . But it certainly sounds better than other wireless headphones.

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #387 of 784
How would you describe the Amiron Wireless' sound? I am unsure about if it is dark, bright, neutral or V shaped . But it certainly sounds better than other wireless headphones.
Definitely neutral!

Sep 30, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #388 of 784
Yeah they are definitely neutral sounding, in wireless Apx Hd mode they sound really good for most genres of music, they have bass that's there nothing added, or boosted, in Usb mode they are outstanding was honestly blown away how good they should the first time I listen with them on my surface computer, volume is a bit louder also to my ears I now only listen wirelessly when I have to lol , plug the USB cable in when given the opportunity

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #389 of 784
Yeah they are definitely neutral sounding, in wireless Apx Hd mode they sound really good for most genres of music, they have bass that's there nothing added, or boosted, in Usb mode they are outstanding was honestly blown away how good they should the first time I listen with them on my surface computer, volume is a bit louder also to my ears I now only listen wirelessly when I have to lol , plug the USB cable in when given the opportunity

Amiron sounds slightly better with USB cable because the data transmision is being made by the cable instead of the Bluetooth. But the difference is very slight and only noticeable with few tracks because aptX HD is already a quite good Bluetooth codec.

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #390 of 784
Amiron sounds slightly better with USB cable because the data transmision is being made by the cable instead of the Bluetooth. But the difference is very slight and only noticeable with few tracks because aptX HD is already a quite good Bluetooth codec.

I find it a bit louder, using the USB cable also maybe by 10 percent? Wonder if anyone has measured the output to confirm this or maybe it's in the specifications already I haven't read through the tech sheet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back