Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Nov 10, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #406 of 784
I have to say that I wasn't too happy with my Amiron wireless because of the weak clamping force and bad earpads. After installing the Dekoni elite sheepskin earpads this has changed completely. Now I'm super happy with it and enjoy it a lot more! Thanks for all advice about changing pads in this thread!

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #407 of 784
Dekoni Audio Elite Sheepskin Ear Pads for Beyerdynamic DT Series Headphones

I found the easiest way to get them on was to remove the original pads (duh) and the inner ring that the pads wrap around. But the new pads across the ring first. Then snap the ring onto the headphones.

Did you remove the inner foam-mesh from your Dekoni pads? Seems like the original "padding" is showing inside the earcup .
Dekoni Audio Elite Sheepskin Ear Pads for Beyerdynamic DT Series Headphones

I found the easiest way to get them on was to remove the original pads (duh) and the inner ring that the pads wrap around. But the new pads across the ring first. Then snap the ring onto the headphones.

Did you remove the inner foam-mesh from your Dekoni pads? Seems like the original "padding" is showing inside the earcup on your second picture.

Nov 11, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #408 of 784
Did you remove the inner foam-mesh from your Dekoni pads? Seems like the original "padding" is showing inside the earcup .

Did you remove the inner foam-mesh from your Dekoni pads? Seems like the original "padding" is showing inside the earcup on your second picture.

No I did not remove the screen from the Dekoni pads. It's such a thin nylon material that I don't think it effects the sound quality. I placed the original padding on top of it to smoothen out the highs a bit. The difference is subtle.

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #409 of 784
Hey, its probably not the right place to post here but I just wondered in case anyone stumbled across this with an answer. Seems a real strange issue, but I've now only got sound coming out of one side only. The battery level and 'headset connected' message when first switch them on, as well as any music I play only comes out of the left side.. however, the strange thing is when plugged in using the 3.5mm cable, both sides work fine, music out of both sides???

Anyway, I've emailed Beyer, will see what they say. Bought them off Amazon so no dealer I can just pop them in to, so would rather not have to send them off but doesnt seem like I'm going to be able to avoid it. I have put the Dekoni pads on too, but that was about 6 months ago and they've been fine since so dont think its anything to do with that. ...not sure what I can check really, checked and firmware is up to date.

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #410 of 784
Hey, its probably not the right place to post here but I just wondered in case anyone stumbled across this with an answer. Seems a real strange issue, but I've now only got sound coming out of one side only. The battery level and 'headset connected' message when first switch them on, as well as any music I play only comes out of the left side.. however, the strange thing is when plugged in using the 3.5mm cable, both sides work fine, music out of both sides???

Anyway, I've emailed Beyer, will see what they say. Bought them off Amazon so no dealer I can just pop them in to, so would rather not have to send them off but doesnt seem like I'm going to be able to avoid it. I have put the Dekoni pads on too, but that was about 6 months ago and they've been fine since so dont think its anything to do with that. ...not sure what I can check really, checked and firmware is up to date.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #411 of 784
Have you tried a factory reset?

Theres an option on the MIY app that says factory reset, but didnt seem to do anything unfortunately, soon as I click it, I get the female voice saying 'restarting..' but thats just out of the left ear again.. ..although when I run the firmware update app on my computer it still says headphones on latest firmware, so doesnt seem like the factory reset resets firmware..

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #412 of 784
Well, I recently had my Amiron wireless serviced due to the wires from the ear cups coming loose. I bought mine used from Amazon Warehouse, and they still honored the 5 year warranty. All I had to do was send them a snapshot of my order details from Amazon. After sending the headphones to their service center in the US. They replaced the whole headband and wires. The whole process took about two weeks.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #413 of 784
Well, I recently had my Amiron wireless serviced due to the wires from the ear cups coming loose. I bought mine used from Amazon Warehouse, and they still honored the 5 year warranty. All I had to do was send them a snapshot of my order details from Amazon. After sending the headphones to their service center in the US. They replaced the whole headband and wires. The whole process took about two weeks.

Ah okay cool, yeah I thought it was a loose wire first of all, but the fact they play fine when plugged in, suggests its more of a software issue (?) who knows, anyone yeah well I'll wait to see if I get a response from the email address on their website and go from there. How did you start the process of getting them sent back to your US service centre, was it through the beyer website? Did you have the stock pads on when you sent them back or was it the Dekoni ones?

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #414 of 784
Ah okay cool, yeah I thought it was a loose wire first of all, but the fact they play fine when plugged in, suggests its more of a software issue (?) who knows, anyone yeah well I'll wait to see if I get a response from the email address on their website and go from there. How did you start the process of getting them sent back to your US service centre, was it through the beyer website? Did you have the stock pads on when you sent them back or was it the Dekoni ones?

I initially contacted Beyerdynamic, and they referred me to United Sound Services service@unitedsoundservicesllc.com , I emailed them my situation along with pictures of the frayed wire, and my Amazon order details. They responded with an RMA number and the return instructions.
I removed the Dekoni Pads and put the originals back on. I sent the headphones back without the case or audio cable. However they did ask me to include the USB charging cable.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #415 of 784
I initially contacted Beyerdynamic, and they referred me to United Sound Services service@unitedsoundservicesllc.com , I emailed them my situation along with pictures of the frayed wire, and my Amazon order details. They responded with an RMA number and the return instructions.
I removed the Dekoni Pads and put the originals back on. I sent the headphones back without the case or audio cable. However they did ask me to include the USB charging cable.

Ah thats all real good to know, will swap the pads back first. Thanks for your help mate! Hopefully will get it sorted soon

Nov 18, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #416 of 784
Hi all, this is my first post here at head-fi, so Migo says hello! I'm using Audiotechnica DSR9BT hphones for 8 months now, but I'm interested in Amiron wireless. Is here somebody who can compare those two headphones in person? Thank you in advance!

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #417 of 784
Hi all, this is my first post here at head-fi, so Migo says hello! I'm using Audiotechnica DSR9BT hphones for 8 months now, but I'm interested in Amiron wireless. Is here somebody who can compare those two headphones in person? Thank you in advance!

I bought the DSR9BT when they first came. I don't remember what they sounded like but I do remember being very dissopointed by the build quality. At the time they were $549 but they are made from cheap plastic that squeaks and creeks as it ages. For that price they should have a much more premium build. The connection led is super bright also. It lights up half my room when it flashes.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #418 of 784
I bought the DSR9BT when they first came. I don't remember what they sounded like but I do remember being very dissopointed by the build quality. At the time they were $549 but they are made from cheap plastic that squeaks and creeks as it ages. For that price they should have a much more premium build. The connection led is super bright also. It lights up half my room when it flashes.
Than you for reply TJ Max. You are right, build quality is subpar and those LEDs :) But sound is best from hphones I've tested (Pioneer SE-MS7BT-K, Sony WH-1000XM3, Bose QuietComfort 35II, Sennheiser wireless MOMENTUM M2 AEBT and Beats Studio 3 Wireless). I'm listening only at home so no ANC needed only best possible sound. Are you still using Amiron Wireless?

Nov 19, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #419 of 784
Than you for reply TJ Max. You are right, build quality is subpar and those LEDs :) But sound is best from hphones I've tested (Pioneer SE-MS7BT-K, Sony WH-1000XM3, Bose QuietComfort 35II, Sennheiser wireless MOMENTUM M2 AEBT and Beats Studio 3 Wireless). I'm listening only at home so no ANC needed only best possible sound. Are you still using Amiron Wireless?

Yeah I think they sounded ok. I think they were the first headphones to use Aptx HD if I remember right. But all of that was over shadowed by the creeking ear cups, the right one especially which would creek every time I turned my head!
After the DSR9BT I moved on to the Sony WH1000x, Sennheiser PXC550, and Bowers & Wilkins PX, all of which were cheaper than the DSR9BT with much better build quality. But I preferred the sound of the PX. And I stuck with those until the Amiron Wireless. Today I go back and forth between the the Amiron Wireless and the more recent Bowers & Wilkins PX7, They sound very different from each other but in a positive way.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #420 of 784
Yeah I think they sounded ok. I think they were the first headphones to use Aptx HD if I remember right. But all of that was over shadowed by the creeking ear cubs, the right one especially which would creek every time I turned my head!
After the DSR9BT I moved on to the Sony WH1000x, Sennheiser PXC550, and Bowers & Wilkins PX, all of which were cheaper than the DSR9BT with much better build quality. But I preferred the sound of the PX. And I stuck with those until the Amiron Wireless. Today I go back and forth between the the Amiron Wireless and the more recent Bowers & Wilkins PX7, They sound very different from each other but in a positive way.

:) yeah that creeking! :D I know that :) But what is interesting after use they stop to creek :) I can't say that they are super silent by movements but it is OK now, I wrote about this issue to dealer/distributor when they were new. DSR9BT are on the bright side, but with very detailed an even treble and mids, bass is dynamic but for some insufficient. Ordered pair of Amirons this morning, will see if I would be plagued by poor seal and lack of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back