Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Dec 18, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #436 of 785
Has anyone else experienced this with their Amiron Wireless:

Happened to me, sent them in to norwegian retailer, got returned to me "repaired" but issue was still there. Just heard back from norwegian retailer who's sending me a brand new set. Crossing my fingers I'm getting a pair without this issue.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #438 of 785
Hi, I've received two new Amiron wireless and booth were only placed in hard case without any cellophane film.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #440 of 785
Got the wireless copper today. $500 @ focus camera so figured best time to grab it. No quality issues or seal issues re: bass.

Very, very good sound for a closed back. I was doing comparisons with my Audeze EL-8 open back....very close in terms of clarity, clear instrumentals, decent separation but a little more muddy base though. Audueze bass was very precise, tight, controlled, better floor and no bleeding into mids and of course, the open back led to wider sounding soundstange.

But this is very good for wireless. I'd love to get a custom balanced cable to see if it makes any difference.

edit: i'll add...the sound signature is definitely 'warmer' than my audeze. I won't say it's v-shaped but definitely a little raised in the 80hz range whereas audeze sounds totally flat EQ-wise.

Also testing comparison with senn ie 80 IEMs and the amiron is a little better..

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #441 of 785
Copper version is different form original Amiron wireless, according to reviewers it has better seal and thus better sound too. Maybe earpads are softer, bcause my original earpads are hard and uncomfortable after 1.5 hour of listening :frowning2: Cables from head bridge are different too, plastic isolation vs. rope fashioned isolation. Are there any other known differences? BD website doesn't tell much, only optic changes are mentioned.

Dec 28, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #442 of 785
Copper version is different form original Amiron wireless, according to reviewers it has better seal and thus better sound too. Maybe earpads are softer, bcause my original earpads are hard and uncomfortable after 1.5 hour of listening :frowning2: Cables from head bridge are different too, plastic isolation vs. rope fashioned isolation. Are there any other known differences? BD website doesn't tell much, only optic changes are mentioned.

Amiron copper is EXACTLY the same as normal version just much better looking

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #445 of 785
Not exactly, as the "Copper" version allegedly offers USB-C charging vs Micro USB charging of the original. A very useful update, IMO, and it encouraged me to take the plunge.

~Ex
That’s incorrect.
The original is also USB-C charging, and NOT micro-USB.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #447 of 785
20200104_151734.jpg 20200104_151749.jpg 20200102_121414.jpg Yesterday I've received brainwavz XL earpads. They are a big fit for Amiron, but usable. I've ordered velour and faux leather one for sound comparison tests. Maybe non XL version will fit better.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #450 of 785
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back