Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Apr 19, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #781 of 784
Yeah that's what I thought. I've got the DT1990 that are my main if I want wired. I just wanted some comfortable wireless headphones to switch it up on occasion.
For that, they are good. I noticed a quality improvemtn over BT when I got the creative using aptx vs the mpow sbc one I previously had. When using them in bed, I found the pillow helped bridge the seal gap, and the bass returned

Dec 19, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #782 of 784
Hi all, tried a few searches but couldn't find anything. I bought a pair secondhand and about 6 months after, one ear cup stopped working on wireless, wired they work fine. I've seen a few on eBay being sold with this issue, but can't find anything on the internet. I was wondering if any of you have had this issue and if there is a fix? Thanks.

Dec 28, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #783 of 784
Hi all, tried a few searches but couldn't find anything. I bought a pair secondhand and about 6 months after, one ear cup stopped working on wireless, wired they work fine. I've seen a few on eBay being sold with this issue, but can't find anything on the internet. I was wondering if any of you have had this issue and if there is a fix? Thanks.
I came here looking for others with this issue. Unfortunately I too haven’t found any solutions. My right speaker stopped working in wireless mode a couple weeks ago. When wired, the right speaker works just find. I’m up to date with firmware and tried a factory reset to no avail. It seems my only option is to send them in for service. I’ve had the Amiron‘s for 3 years, and it’s very frustrating that such expensive headphones should fail so soon out of warranty.

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #784 of 784
I did a week of ABing of different ear pads for AW.
The dekoni sheepskin were so comfortable but they sucked the life out of the sound for me. Highs were muted and miids recessed. Bass became bloated. When you compressed them down on head the sound just got louder
The DT 770 velour pads made the highs sharp and unpleasant. Made the whole sound tinny
The stock pads are what made fall in love w the sound of the AW so I’m back w them despite they not being the most comfortable of the bunch. I get a good seal w them as the bass is present and it is refined. The mids are outstanding and the highs are so precise and in harsh
While the stock pads aren’t perfect in design I can say that they are perfect in that they provide the best overall sound.
You get used to the comfort and I think they have softened up over 2 months.
I bought these as an open box for 370 and they were in pristine condition. I was willing to spend anything for upgrade of pads but in the end they all went back and the sound is perfect stock.
I also own Dr 770, 700 pro, MD w75 and had many other high end focal wired and have tried the bathes and BW 8’s
These are my end game
It just drives me nuts that I always am looking for better. But for now I am satisfied

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back