Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jan 2, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #766 of 784
Yeah, I saw your post a few moments ago lol. The 770VB/990VB earpads really looks damn cool on the Amiron Wireless (Copper) so I'll be doing that too. Not only becuase it looks damn nice, it also enhances the seal and sound? I had the DT770 in the past and I remember its comfort. How's the sound to you now in todays?
For me it was enhanced comfort that I was looking for, original earpads are to stiff and caused pain to me after 1h+ listening. But seal is improved to me too with slightly more bass, but it is not big difference.

Jan 6, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #767 of 784
Sorry if this a dumb question. What rating of charger is best to use on the Amiron Wireless? Not sure whether to slow charge or fast charge and which will prolong battery life? Thanks in advance

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #768 of 784
Sorry if this a dumb question. What rating of charger is best to use on the Amiron Wireless? Not sure whether to slow charge or fast charge and which will prolong battery life? Thanks in advance
Slow charge.

Jan 7, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #770 of 784

It doesn't matter if you use a fast charger, the charger will only send as much power as the receiving device supports and the Amiron Wireless doesn't support any fast charging protocol as far as I know, so using a charger that supports faster charging won't make any difference in charging speed

Jan 23, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #772 of 784
So the high end BT space is really crowded nowadays and prices are getting ridiculous. Anyone with experience, how do these stack up in 2023 with the likes of the bathys, 5909’s and solitaire T.

Feb 13, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #773 of 784
I reported this to beyerdynamic in May 2018. I was promised a new firmware, which never happened. Later last year I complained about FW issues on their Facebook page and was told that no firmware was planned.
Really sad and rather unacceptable in this day and age. If I bought them here I would have turned them in for repair long ago, just to see them squirm.
As an Amiron owner, I find it both disappointing and enlightening that it is now February 2023 (five years on) and still no resolution from BeyerDynamic to the reported power off-on-off issue, for a premium product.

It evidently isn't a hardware-related issue (e.g.floating logic, or the like) as once the initial attempt to turn them off has passed, where they then automatically turn back on, a considerable delay and second power off attempt has always been successful.

A real shame as I love the comfort and quality of the phones, but a once-trusted brand name irreparably tarnished by the most basic dysfunctionality (speaking as a professional hardware/firmware developer), and evident indifference to customer complaints and known product issues.

Apr 18, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #774 of 784
Just got the Amiron Wireless Copper edition. How do I connect them to my desktop computer? I've got a SMSL SU-8S DAC and got it in bluetooth mode and it just keeps searching and can't find the Amiron Wireless headphones even when I put them in bluetooth pairing mode. Both the DAC and headphones can connect to my phone just fine.

Apr 18, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #775 of 784
Just got the Amiron Wireless Copper edition. How do I connect them to my desktop computer? I've got a SMSL SU-8S DAC and got it in bluetooth mode and it just keeps searching and can't find the Amiron Wireless headphones even when I put them in bluetooth pairing mode. Both the DAC and headphones can connect to my phone just fine.

I don't think it works that way. Pretty sure the dac receives BT, but doesn't output BT. It's meant to be paired with an amp. A dac is useful if it's sending a BT signal, as all the hardware is rendered moot. You would pair to your computer BT, not the dac.

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #776 of 784
I don't think it works that way. Pretty sure the dac receives BT, but doesn't output BT. It's meant to be paired with an amp. A dac is useful if it's sending a BT signal, as all the hardware is rendered moot. You would pair to your computer BT, not the dac.
Doesn't look like my desktop has bluetooth I can't turn it on. Guess I need to get a bluetooth dongle.

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #777 of 784
Doesn't look like my desktop has bluetooth I can't turn it on. Guess I need to get a bluetooth dongle.
I got s creative dongle for like $40. Let me see if I can find the link.

Here you go: Creative BT-W4 Smart Bluetooth 5.2 Audio Transmitter with aptX Adaptive, 24-bit Audio, Device-Switching Function, and Voice Chat Support for PC/Mac / PS5 / PS4 / Nintendo Switch https://a.co/d/gxtD7cX

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #778 of 784
I got s creative dongle for like $40. Let me see if I can find the link.

Here you go: Creative BT-W4 Smart Bluetooth 5.2 Audio Transmitter with aptX Adaptive, 24-bit Audio, Device-Switching Function, and Voice Chat Support for PC/Mac / PS5 / PS4 / Nintendo Switch https://a.co/d/gxtD7cX
Thanks curious to see how the sound quality will be over bluetooth. Wonder why they didn't include a wireless receiver instead of doing bluetooth only for these headphones?

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #779 of 784
Thanks curious to see how the sound quality will be over bluetooth. Wonder why they didn't include a wireless receiver instead of doing bluetooth only for these headphones?
It's definitely degraded and the amiron BT don't seal well so bass takes a hit. They comfortable and well built and look nice, bur they sound better wired. As far as BT goes though, they sound better than most BT sets... at least at the time. I haven't heard the bathys and some of the new higher end ones

Apr 19, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #780 of 784
It's definitely degraded and the amiron BT don't seal well so bass takes a hit. They comfortable and well built and look nice, bur they sound better wired. As far as BT goes though, they sound better than most BT sets... at least at the time. I haven't heard the bathys and some of the new higher end ones
Yeah that's what I thought. I've got the DT1990 that are my main if I want wired. I just wanted some comfortable wireless headphones to switch it up on occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back