Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Mar 12, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #346 of 784
What he said. That's my primary use for them. They sound excellent wired. The home version do sound better though.

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #347 of 784
FYI, the XL rounds are too big. The measurements said they were similar, but they are not. Stick with the regular rounds.

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #348 of 784
So, changing the pads on the Amiron Wireless didn't do much for me. The issue is the seal, which comes down to lack of clamp. Someone on here got the DT 1770 head band and clap on their AW and I bet that does the trick better. One you push the cups slightly to create a better seal, bass impact and extension improve drastically.

Did some a/b with my 1770s but no real conclusions yet

Mar 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #349 of 784
Oh really? Thats a shame, I changed to the Dekoni Sheepskin pads and have to say I'm pretty happy with the improvement. They are slightly thicker pads so I guess that would help with increasing the seal. The biggest compliment I can give them is that before the difference between pushing the cups into my ears was night and day in terms of bass response.. with the Dekoni pads its almost unnoticeable the difference if I now press on the cups..

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #350 of 784
I used the brainwavz round xl. There is some difference, but I still had to push them in to get what I wanted out of them.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #351 of 784
Hey all,

Have decided to part ways with my Amiron Wireless. I like them alot (even more as a wired HP), but I just don't need them. Have used them at the office and they are great, but I have 4 sets of HP's and so don't rotate them through enough to justify having that many pairs. PM me if interested. $400, plus shipping and paypal. I can include Brainwavz XL rounds if you want for an extra $10. They fit, but are large.

Apr 4, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #352 of 784
There's a firmware update for Amiron Wireless with firmware verision 1.0.56.
Changelog is pretty slim.
I haven't had time to really tested, but it was fast and didn't brick my pair (which came in May last year with 1.0.55).

Not sure if it fixes all the annoyances, I'd expect them to be mentioned in the changelog if they were...

Apr 5, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #354 of 784
UPDATE: It doesn't fix anything.
All it does is sort out connection with the new version v2.0 of their MIY app for Android/iOS.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #356 of 784
Hi T J,
I contacted Beyerdynamic and explained what had happened. The advice they gave me was:-

Hello Paul,
please delete your list of devices in your player and try it again to pair both units. If there are more than 8 devices in the list it will be not possible to have one more.
AND
can you check if it's possible to connect another mobile phone without the app? Is this working? Please deinsatll the app and try it again.

I followed their instructions and still could not connect with the Node 2i. I then returned the headphones.

To make matters worse I then bought Nuraphones and, after running their Nura app, I have the same problem! I can only assume the fault lies with Bluesound software!. Consequently, I raised the issue with the Bluesound Support Crew and they asked me to do another factory reset. I did as requested and still can't connect. Bluesound then responded:-

Hi Paul
Thanks for getting back to us.
We will be passing these details over to our Quality Assurance Team and will get back to you with further details once developments are made.

So I am now unable to use the Nuraphones with the Node 2i. Fortunately, I also have a Vault 2i and have connected up to that and they are working fine BUT I daren't run the Nura app as this will most likely stop the connection!

In summary, it would appear that BT headphones will work fine with Node or Vault on the initial setup BUT if you subsequently run the MIY or Nura apps on an iPhone then connection difficulties will arise when you try to re-connect with Bluesound stuff.

Just to clarify, if you run the MIY or Nura apps prior to any connection with Bluesound then all's okay.

Hey just a heads up.
Bluesound finally put out a firmware update 3.4.3 for the Node 2i that finally fixes the bluetooth pairing with the Amiron Wireless.

Apr 22, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #358 of 784
Anyone else struggling to update the firmware on these? I've installed the program and it asks me to connect the amirons which I have done. Then nothing.... it states it will take me to the next step but doesn't.

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #359 of 784
Anyone else struggling to update the firmware on these? I've installed the program and it asks me to connect the amirons which I have done. Then nothing.... it states it will take me to the next step but doesn't.

After you connect the headphones to your computer you have to press the power button 2 times.

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #360 of 784
Thankyou I have now got to that stage after re installing the update program as Beyerdynamic had left an out of date one on their site. However now it keeps failing when I try and do the update! Any ideas? Very frustrating.
20190422_200555.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back