Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Feb 6, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #1,486 of 2,667
has anyone tried the Massdrop THX AAA 789 amp with the amiron home? how's the synergy?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,488 of 2,667
I'm rejoining team Amiron Home. I miss their laid-back signature and comfort. Although my main cans got upgraded to the hd800s and th900sb I know I will spend quality time with the Amiron Home. Had a T5p for over a year now but decided to "step down". Hello alcantera, did you miss me as much as I missed you?

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #1,489 of 2,667
High-end Beyers tend to sound amazing with anything you pair them with, but something like Feliks Echo really hits the spot for me :)

I am also having a really sweet experience with a Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC

Curious to hear how Amiron sounds with an R2R DAC as well! If you can share more details, I'm sure more people are also very eager to learn more!

I can tell you in a few weeks time when I had the proper chance to listen to that combination.

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #1,490 of 2,667
In my opinion, once a person gets the Amiron, there really is no point in going further up in cost for headphones. For 600 US, this headphone gives a slightly warm, layered, musical, detailed, and totally audiophile sound experience. Spending more than this in an attempt to chase a better sound is just not necessary. Once I put my EQ on the Amiron to get it to sound exactly how I want, there is just nothing else I feel I need to ask for in a headphone. It just sounds awesome. With every other headphone I have owned, I have always had thoughts of "I wonder what I can switch to, or upgrade to next that will give me a better sound". With the Amiron, that phenomenon has totally ended. I am extremely hard to please with audio equipment, and I find fault in everything. The Amiron Home is the one headphone that I ended up with that finally convinced me to stop getting more headphones. The sound quality, the build quality, and the comfort are all just excellent. I hope everyone else is happy with their pair.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #1,491 of 2,667
In my opinion, once a person gets the Amiron, there really is no point in going further up in cost for headphones. For 600 US, this headphone gives a slightly warm, layered, musical, detailed, and totally audiophile sound experience. Spending more than this in an attempt to chase a better sound is just not necessary. Once I put my EQ on the Amiron to get it to sound exactly how I want, there is just nothing else I feel I need to ask for in a headphone. It just sounds awesome. With every other headphone I have owned, I have always had thoughts of "I wonder what I can switch to, or upgrade to next that will give me a better sound". With the Amiron, that phenomenon has totally ended. I am extremely hard to please with audio equipment, and I find fault in everything. The Amiron Home is the one headphone that I ended up with that finally convinced me to stop getting more headphones. The sound quality, the build quality, and the comfort are all just excellent. I hope everyone else is happy with their pair.
I agree that, once you’ve found the right gear for you, the $600 price point is where returns diminish to the point where they fall down a cliff. I see a long valley of uselessness from there up to the $3000 price point where things start to pick up again in the “money/practicality are no object” category (itself riddled with useless crap up to and including $50K). My purchases tend to stick below $600, even at times when I’d be ok spending more because it’s just not justified.
From a brief audition I’d also tend to agree that the Amiron Home is a good illustration of that!
Weirdly enough the same happens for me with DAC/amps.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #1,492 of 2,667
perfectly agree with DW75, I also finished the legendary search for the perfect headset.
before the amiron I tried: grade gh4, hifiman sundara, dt1990, akg 702, grade 225e senn hd 600, all headphones impractical near the amiron in my opinion.
I'm not an expert but I tell you that with the electric guitars the amiron offers a nuanced and layered detail that no other headphones have ever offered me.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,493 of 2,667
Many try to compare the 1990 dt all amiron, I immediately decided to amiron, this offers an easier to identify detail, a soundstage that 1990 can only dream of it, nuances in the fantastic instruments and more extended in the frequencies.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #1,494 of 2,667

I find fault with everything too, the Amiron Home is one of the only headphones that satisfied me. Honestly the Amiron Home is one of the only complete headphones out there in terms of the driver and it’s tuning. It doesn’t really have any grain to it, the DT 1990, T1.2, and DT 1770 all have some mild grain and small issues with their drivers/tuning. To those who think the DT 1770/1990/Amiron Home drivers are the same, they are not, while dampening and physical appearance is exactly the same, having swapped the drivers the actual tuning is different and the other drivers have audible grain and colorations the Amiron drivers just don’t have.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,495 of 2,667

Agree with everything you say. What’s even better is Amazon is selling them for $480 now. I picked them up a couple of weeks ago and am very happy with my purchase.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #1,496 of 2,667
I am currently using my amiron home and centrance hifim8 as my dac/amp, what's the possible upgrade path?

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,497 of 2,667
Aftermarket pads were the best thing ever for my th-900 and th-x00, that's something the amrion home is lacking. Replaceability. I'm wondering how those headband will look like in years to come. Stock Amiron cable is weak, compared to what beyerdynamic is selling with the T1 and T5p.
We have better open backs out there as well.
But there is something the Amiron home headphones have many other do not: musicability, comfort and the general thought of not having them on your head, until you sell them.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #1,499 of 2,667
Aftermarket pads were the best thing ever for my th-900 and th-x00, that's something the amrion home is lacking. Replaceability. I'm wondering how those headband will look like in years to come. Stock Amiron cable is weak, compared to what beyerdynamic is selling with the T1 and T5p.
We have better open backs out there as well.
But there is something the Amiron home headphones have many other do not: musicability, comfort and the general thought of not having them on your head, until you sell them.
I agree on the headband, mine is raggedy looking after 1.5 years of use, and it's not obivous to me how to get the plastic clips off to replace the headband. The DT pro series are nice because you can just unsnap it and replace. But those don't have detachable cables for portable use like the T1.2 T5.2 and amiron.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,500 of 2,667
I agree on the headband, mine is raggedy looking after 1.5 years of use, and it's not obivous to me how to get the plastic clips off to replace the headband. The DT pro series are nice because you can just unsnap it and replace. But those don't have detachable cables for portable use like the T1.2 T5.2 and amiron.

Honestly you likely have to replace both the headband and yokes. By unscrewing the yokes from the earcups with a star screw. Very easy to do if you have the right screwdriver. On the Amiron, T1, and T5p they probably just sell the whole headband assembly instead. Haven’t asked Beyer though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back