Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jan 23, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #1,457 of 2,669

Army Firedawg excellent reviews.

He does, honestly I agree about the Amiron Home, of all the modern Beyers to me it's the best one, while the T1.2 has some advantages, it loses out on some of that musicality and euphony of the Amiron Home has, I also found the clarity better on the Amiron Home to my ears. It's the only headphone I've owned that I can really listen to alongside with my DT 480 without feeling something is really missing because of all modern Beyers I've heard I found it's midrange tonality the most akin to the DT 48/480.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #1,459 of 2,669
My Amiron Home came in today and I have been listening (unburned in) all night. Being "blessed" with a big head and big ears, I am loving the light clamping and comfort of these things! I'll withhold serious judgement of them until after they burn in a while, but they are already outpacing my HE-400i and HD600s. First Beyerdynamic headphones I've had and I am impressed.

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #1,461 of 2,669
He does, honestly I agree about the Amiron Home, of all the modern Beyers to me it's the best one, while the T1.2 has some advantages, it loses out on some of that musicality and euphony of the Amiron Home has, I also found the clarity better on the Amiron Home to my ears. It's the only headphone I've owned that I can really listen to alongside with my DT 480 without feeling something is really missing because of all modern Beyers I've heard I found it's midrange tonality the most akin to the DT 48/480.

The only thing is the blue housing on the Amiron, is it ABS? I like the t1 for their all metal housing and angled driver.

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #1,462 of 2,669
The only thing is the blue housing on the Amiron, is it ABS? I like the t1 for their all metal housing and angled driver.

Yes it is, the T1 definitely has the nicer driver housing. The angled drivers adds a nice amount of earcup room and does change how it images, just wish it's headband was as comfortable as the Amirons. Soundwise the T1.2 Black does have a more linear FR response whereas I find the Amiron more effortless in it's presentation.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #1,463 of 2,669
Yes it is, the T1 definitely has the nicer driver housing. The angled drivers adds a nice amount of earcup room and does change how it images, just wish it's headband was as comfortable as the Amirons. Soundwise the T1.2 Black does have a more linear FR response whereas I find the Amiron more effortless in it's presentation.

Was thinking of an Amiron, but then also have a modding itch. I don;t think i'd touch an Amiron really. But I wouldn't mind altering a used t1 anyway. If the headband was bothersome I would try the other beyer headbands. I like the pro one best. And maybe different pads.

But the Home seems like a leave it alone headphone. For easy listening. As for looks, i might lean toward the 1990 a bit more.

I still use the 48A (5ohm) /480 (200ohm) for acoustic + vocal check and listening and some classical pieces. I find the 25 ohm versions a tad more musical than analytical. i've leaned more on Linear I/ HD540 for treble checking, and sometimes for bass. To my ears they extend better in those regions.

I would hope the Amiron wins on all fronts from bass to treble vs those oldies.

Jan 26, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,464 of 2,669
Was thinking of an Amiron, but then also have a modding itch. I don;t think i'd touch an Amiron really. But I wouldn't mind altering a used t1 anyway. If the headband was bothersome I would try the other beyer headbands. I like the pro one best. And maybe different pads.

But the Home seems like a leave it alone headphone. For easy listening. As for looks, i might lean toward the 1990 a bit more.

I still use the 48A (5ohm) /480 (200ohm) for acoustic + vocal check and listening and some classical pieces. I find the 25 ohm versions a tad more musical than analytical. i've leaned more on Linear I/ HD540 for treble checking, and sometimes for bass. To my ears they extend better in those regions.

I would hope the Amiron wins on all fronts from bass to treble vs those oldies.

That makes sense, the Amiron does respond well to modding but I do like it as is, I have no desire to mod it. The newest T1.2's I like as is too, the black one I got at least. My favorite headbands are the Amiron and DT 1770/1990 Pro headbands, found them the most comfortable they make. Driver wise the Amiron is tuned a bit differently, swapping the DT 1990 and Amiron drivers and they still sound different.

My DT 480 - 25 is modded to be a genre master, it took a while to get them to that point, but it can handle subbassy electronic, classical, to heavy metal without issue, haven't come across a single genre or use(I also a game a bit) that sounds bad on them in their current form. I honestly think my DT 480 is a bit better overall. The Amiron and T1.2 do extend more in the bass and treble though and I'll take an Amiron over most anything stock. To me it's the most satisfying unmodded headphone I've owned.

Jan 26, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #1,465 of 2,669
The Amiron and T1.2 do extend more in the bass and treble though and I'll take an Amiron over most anything stock. To me it's the most satisfying unmodded headphone I've owned.
I sent you a PM, sorry for the duplicates, I don't know what happened !

Jan 26, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #1,466 of 2,669
That makes sense, the Amiron does respond well to modding but I do like it as is, I have no desire to mod it. The newest T1.2's I like as is too, the black one I got at least. My favorite headbands are the Amiron and DT 1770/1990 Pro headbands, found them the most comfortable they make. Driver wise the Amiron is tuned a bit differently, swapping the DT 1990 and Amiron drivers and they still sound different.

My DT 480 - 25 is modded to be a genre master, it took a while to get them to that point, but it can handle subbassy electronic, classical, to heavy metal without issue, haven't come across a single genre or use(I also a game a bit) that sounds bad on them in their current form. I honestly think my DT 480 is a bit better overall. The Amiron and T1.2 do extend more in the bass and treble though and I'll take an Amiron over most anything stock. To me it's the most satisfying unmodded headphone I've owned.

giphy.gif

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #1,468 of 2,669
Hey cirodts, how do you like that EQ set that I gave you ? The Amiron is an awesome headphone. IMO, once a person gets to this level, there is really no point in spending more. The point of diminishing returns really starts to take hold beyond 600 US for a headphone.The Amiron is such a musical and enjoyable piece of gear. Once I put my EQ on it, I just don't see any point of buying anything else. This headphone is just amazing.

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #1,469 of 2,669
Hey cirodts, how do you like that EQ set that I gave you ? The Amiron is an awesome headphone. IMO, once a person gets to this level, there is really no point in spending more. The point of diminishing returns really starts to take hold beyond 600 US for a headphone.The Amiron is such a musical and enjoyable piece of gear. Once I put my EQ on it, I just don't see any point of buying anything else. This headphone is just amazing.
Hello, you're absolutely right, even the gh4 grado was close to the wonderful sound of the amiron, yes, your EQ is great but I have further decreased the mid-bass.
L amiron has something special that other headphones do not have.

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #1,470 of 2,669
Hello, you're absolutely right, even the gh4 grado was close to the wonderful sound of the amiron, yes, your EQ is great but I have further decreased the mid-bass.
L amiron has something special that other headphones do not have.

The Amiron definitely does have something special few other headphones have. Honestly I like the Amiron Home more than the T1.2 and DT 1990. It’s imho the best open-back headphone I’ve owned. I only found one headphone I think is better of what I’ve owned. That is the DT 480, but it requires modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back