Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jan 4, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #1,426 of 2,669
It is better than the dragonfly black though, which I paired with my Crossfades wireless in wired mode.

Jan 4, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #1,427 of 2,669
Curious if anyone has tried the pleather angled pads from brainwavz with these to increase the seal at the bottom where they don't quite (touch, at least for me) and make the bass a bit punchier. I may have to buy them to see, but I am curious.

Any documents on actual thickness of the current amiron pads? Seem thicker than the standard dt 1770, or even the 770/880/990, which I think all use the same pads, though I know there is the pleather and the velour option.

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,428 of 2,669
Curious if anyone has tried the pleather angled pads from brainwavz with these to increase the seal at the bottom where they don't quite (touch, at least for me) and make the bass a bit punchier. I may have to buy them to see, but I am curious.

Any documents on actual thickness of the current amiron pads? Seem thicker than the standard dt 1770, or even the 770/880/990, which I think all use the same pads, though I know there is the pleather and the velour option.

I have a set of Brainwavz sheepskin non-angled pads. I bought them for my Pioneer SE-A1000 cans and like them with those headphone. When I tried them with the Amiron Home they hurt the sound a lot. I found the distance my ears are from the cans makes a huge difference. Which I believe is why the Brainwavz hurt the sound so much with the Amiron Home.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #1,429 of 2,669

I don't think open headphones depend on a seal. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. I only try other pads if I am having comfort issues. I have no issues with my Amiron.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #1,431 of 2,669
They are super comfortable, I agree. I'll just stick with the current pads.

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,435 of 2,669
Hey cirodts, what you are talking about is the midbass forwardness of the Amiron. This is just part of stock sound of this headphone. I also find the Amiron too midbass forward. Give my EQ set that I created for the Amiron a try and let me know what you think. I think you will be impressed with the difference, as it makes the headphone sound more balanced and neutral.

Pre-Amplfying: - 2

63Hz: + 0.5
100Hz: - 1
125Hz: - 1
160Hz: - 1
200Hz: - 1
250Hz: - 1
315Hz: - 1
1kHz: + 0.5
1.25kHz: + 1
1.6kHz: + 1
2kHz: + 1
2.5kHz: + 1
3.15kHz: + 1
4kHz: + 1
8kHz: - 0.5

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #1,437 of 2,669
I am the amiron and after about 50 hours of burn-in has gummy and intrusive bass, will it stay like this or will it improve with other burn-in?

I have about the same number of hours of listening with the Amiron Home. In fact, the bass has become even clearer. It's never been 'gummy' or 'intrusive' at all. Some people would say the Amiron Home is a little light on bass. I find it exceptionally clear and detailed. On some of my high quality recorded songs, the bass content of the songs feels like it's thumping me in the chest, yet it's not overpowering in any way.

I would check your source and all cable/equipment as this doesn't sound right at all.

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #1,438 of 2,669
I have about the same number of hours of listening with the Amiron Home. In fact, the bass has become even clearer. It's never been 'gummy' or 'intrusive' at all. Some people would say the Amiron Home is a little light on bass. I find it exceptionally clear and detailed. On some of my high quality recorded songs, the bass content of the songs feels like it's thumping me in the chest, yet it's not overpowering in any way.

I would check your source and all cable/equipment as this doesn't sound right at all.

hiby r3 source and chord mojo

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #1,440 of 2,669
I actually noticed when pairing the r3 with the mojo that the output level was significantly reduced compared to feeding it from other daps or a computer. I am now still using a Pono player in balanced mode to run my amirons for a couple years and it is one of my favorite pairings for portable use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back