Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #1,501 of 2,669
Honestly you likely have to replace both the headband and yokes. By unscrewing the yokes from the earcups with a star screw. Very easy to do if you have the right screwdriver. On the Amiron, T1, and T5p they probably just sell the whole headband assembly instead. Haven’t asked Beyer though.
I suppose that would be easy. Easier might be to get a DT770 headband, and slice off my old one with an xacto knife. If I replace the whole yoke, then the serial# goes with it.

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #1,505 of 2,669
Well just came home from work and got an unexpected package in the mail, turns out it was an DT 1990 Pro. So I now have both the Amiron and DT 1990 Pro again.

I'm confused about going Amiron, 1990, SR1 Ibasso, Elex, or a vintage stax set. Moreso on the vintage stax but the Amiron and SR1 is also tempting me.

Look forward to your review (or updated review as you have one can I like a LOT, but most don't :p)

Thats why i pay close attention to your impressions :D

magical old dt48 drivers:beerchug:

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #1,506 of 2,669
In my opinion, once a person gets the Amiron, there really is no point in going further up in cost for headphones. For 600 US, this headphone gives a slightly warm, layered, musical, detailed, and totally audiophile sound experience. Spending more than this in an attempt to chase a better sound is just not necessary. Once I put my EQ on the Amiron to get it to sound exactly how I want, there is just nothing else I feel I need to ask for in a headphone. It just sounds awesome. With every other headphone I have owned, I have always had thoughts of "I wonder what I can switch to, or upgrade to next that will give me a better sound". With the Amiron, that phenomenon has totally ended. I am extremely hard to please with audio equipment, and I find fault in everything. The Amiron Home is the one headphone that I ended up with that finally convinced me to stop getting more headphones. The sound quality, the build quality, and the comfort are all just excellent. I hope everyone else is happy with their pair.
a TH900 cannot be unheard. A treble tamed tweaked TH900 demands sacrifice. A sapphire blue one ...
I never thought I would let go of the T5p gen2, I did.
The amiron home is one of the few cans I actually miss over the years, next to the Sennheiser HE60 with a proper amp. But in the end ...
tps_1335_448553_September42013-448553-1274x716.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,507 of 2,669
a TH900 cannot be unheard. A treble tamed tweaked TH900 demands sacrifice. A sapphire blue one ...
I never thought I would let go of the T5p gen2, I did.
The amiron home is one of the few cans I actually miss over the years, next to the Sennheiser HE60 with a proper amp. But in the end ...
tps_1335_448553_September42013-448553-1274x716.jpg

tml.jpg

Just a fantasy I have, to be on subway with those :D.

I remember seeing the green, but here in Toronto we say we bleed blue, so that would be superb!

Amiron defo loses in the looks department compared to those!

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #1,508 of 2,669
I'm confused about going Amiron, 1990, SR1 Ibasso, Elex, or a vintage stax set. Moreso on the vintage stax but the Amiron and SR1 is also tempting me.

Look forward to your review (or updated review as you have one can I like a LOT, but most don't :p)

Thats why i pay close attention to your impressions :D

magical old dt48 drivers:beerchug:

I did do the DT 1990 and Amiron Home comparison thread on this forum, I’ll likely add an updated review in that thread. I’m going to use the DT 1990 with analytical pads mostly this time as I never properly given the pads much time. I always found the DT 1990 euphoric sounding despite being called analytical by many, reminds me of an AKG with the right synergy, it just grooves in a special way. The Amiron on the other hand is more relaxed, effortless, and more seductive and nuanced in the sound and emotion it portrays. I always liked both the Amiron and DT 1990 a lot, but I tend to listen to different music on them.

But I’ll see if my impressions change much this time, different systems and using different pads on the DT 1990. Plus also a different perspective than the past.

Most don’t have them true, and fewer still mod them.

Feb 9, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #1,510 of 2,669
curious what music you prefer on each?

Honestly I like almost anything more energetic with the DT 1990, especially with balanced pads, so hard rock, metal, energetic electronic, some pop, some classical and any music with a happier more bubbly tone. With the analytical pads the DT 1990 is more versatile in terms of genres and does well with all genres, but I still like it for more energetic music still. The Amiron does well with all genres as it can get energetic, it's a little more energetic than any of the HD 6xx family and does better with said genres than the Senns, but I feel it shines with more subdued, somber music, some classical, complex music, jazz, blues, soft rock, more relaxed electronic, etc.

But I also find the DT 1990 more fatiguing and I don't like it as much with long listening sessions or when my ears are sensitive.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #1,511 of 2,669
I have had my Amiron Home paired with my LG v30 for a little over a year now.
Unfortunately it took a dive in a bubble bath and I am left with the Amiron Home by itself.
Initially I was considering selling my Amiron Home and purchasing an Amiron Wireless.
However, someone on another forum suggested a balanced cable paired with an ES100.
Has anyone else tried this combination?

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #1,512 of 2,669
I have had my Amiron Home paired with my LG v30 for a little over a year now.
Unfortunately it took a dive in a bubble bath and I am left with the Amiron Home by itself.
Initially I was considering selling my Amiron Home and purchasing an Amiron Wireless.
However, someone on another forum suggested a balanced cable paired with an ES100.
Has anyone else tried this combination?
Haven't tried it myself, but I have an ES100 and was thinking to myself yesterday that if it was my desktop DAC/amp I wouldn't have much to complain about, apart perhaps from a little haze that goes well with the Amiron Home's softer (from memory) signature. I also have a V30, the tuning is clearer but the ES100 gives out plenty of detail when you look into it. The V30 tends to lift the veil, the ES100 leaves it delicately hanging on the music but lets you peer through easily. In terms of driving power the balanced cable would be a must, others who have tried the pairing with similarly hard-to-drive units will chime in I'm sure.

Try posting in the ES100 thread, it's more active and people have tried all kinds of hp with it.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,513 of 2,669
I paired with DT 1770 from the standard port using LDAC. It drove them okay. They still sounded good, but not as good as when they were plugged directly into my v30, but that is hard wired vs BT... with a wire. I may end up getting the ES100 again, as I just got the t5p, which are easy enough to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back