Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
May 1, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #1,246 of 2,668
It sounds like the HD660S is a much improved HD700. Speaking of another headphone, I just got the Final Audio Design Sonorous IV as a closed back upgrade from my Focal Listen. Oh my, what an upgrade it is indeed. This is an amazing headphone, and I am really enjoying it. The imaging, soundstage, detail retrieval, and musicality of this headphone are just fantastic. I have about 6 hours use on it so far. It it already burning in nicely. I would imagine this one will be fully burned in after 20 hours or so.
BA in a full size? What

May 1, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #1,248 of 2,668
I am not sure what you mean.
The Sonorus IV description:

With the synergistic effect of a hybrid design that merges a Balanced Armature with a 50mm Dynamic Driver The Sonorous IV produces a clear, vast sound stage. This unique Hi Fidelity acoustic paring takes music that seemed to be located only inside our heads and projects it passionately over a large space.

May 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #1,249 of 2,668
Oh yes, of course, balanced armature. Yes, it is quite an awesome headphone. I am still burning it in. Out of the box, the treble is a tad too bright, but not insane. There is a spike at 8-10kHz, and a second spike at 15-16kHz. The imaging, soundstage, and separation of instruments though on this headphone is very impressive. I am already working on an EQ set for this headphone.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #1,250 of 2,668
My review on Beyerdynamic Amiron Home is live now! I never knew the T90, but compared to everything I have to date, those are really worth their price and really have a place in the market. Soft sound and pretty musical, they are a real love for the ears! I invite you to read more about them in the full-length review!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/beyerdynamic-amiron-home.21982/reviews#review-20265

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/05/beyerdynamic-amiron-gifted-in-music.html

Many thanks for your review George!
I've fixed a deal here on Head-fi for a used Beyerdynamic Amiron Home a week ago and your experiences assured me about my decision.
I wonder if anyone has observation with Audio-gd r2r-11 and Amiron Home combo. This DAC/AMP will support my new cans which should be somewhere between the US and the EU.
I can't wait to try them out myself. :)

May 3, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #1,251 of 2,668
My review on Beyerdynamic Amiron Home is live now! I never knew the T90, but compared to everything I have to date, those are really worth their price and really have a place in the market. Soft sound and pretty musical, they are a real love for the ears! I invite you to read more about them in the full-length review!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/beyerdynamic-amiron-home.21982/reviews#review-20265

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.ro/2018/05/beyerdynamic-amiron-gifted-in-music.html

Audiophile-Heaven-Beyerdynamic-Amiron-Home-Review-Official-Photo-19.jpg

Perfect review Thanks !

May 3, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #1,252 of 2,668
Many thanks for your review George!
I've fixed a deal here on Head-fi for a used Beyerdynamic Amiron Home a week ago and your experiences assured me about my decision.
I wonder if anyone has observation with Audio-gd r2r-11 and Amiron Home combo. This DAC/AMP will support my new cans which should be somewhere between the US and the EU.
I can't wait to try them out myself. :)

Thank you for your kind words!

I haven't tried it with that specific AMP, but given that it is a larger desktop amp, and that has a ton of power and looks well-built, it should work well together!

I have used Amiron Home with portables like FiiO Q5 and still had excellent overall results, can online imagine your results will be even better!

Perfect review Thanks !

Thank you for your kind words :)

May 6, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #1,254 of 2,668
Ended up selling my Magni 3. Plugged my Amiron with the balanced cable straight into my Burson DAC using Fiio 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. What a difference. Sound is much more organic with more depth to the sound. $100 amp on a $500 DAC isn't always the best lol. Burson has a ton of power anyways.

May 29, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #1,255 of 2,668
Hello fellow Beyerdynamic Amiron Home owners!

Let me join to this club as after a month of nerve-racking waiting, my Amiron HPs has arrived from overseas on last Friday to me.
First of all I would like to express my thanks to all of you as this thread helped me a lot in the decision making.
I'm still learning this headphones and discovering my music library again, so I don't want to speak too soon, but more than 30 hours of listening is behind me, and I can't wash the smile off my face whenever I put them on and start an album on Foobar 2000 or Album Player.
The Audio-gd R2R-11 and the Amiron cans make a pretty good symbiosis in my chain.
.. and the comfort! One night I was too tired and fell asleep on my couch with the cans on my head for 8 hours without any problem.
P.s.: ok, to be honest, there was a minor problem next morning as my better half was not so happy about our separate sleep :p

May 31, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,257 of 2,668
Hello everyone new member here and I wanted to say this site played a big part in my purchase of the Amiron Home headphones and purchase of a used A 20 that I should receive next week.
This is the first set of serious OTE headphones. I have been using the Pioneer SE A-1000 and Fiio E17K which I like but not anywhere in the same class as my new pair.

My one complaint is the tension on these headphones. Is there any way to reduce how tight they fit? It literally hurts to wear them after about 30min. I don't have a large head, I wear a 7.25 size baseball cap. I couldn't find anything online on how to reduce the tension.

May 31, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #1,258 of 2,668
Oh my, you find it too tight ? I have never heard of anyone having any comfort issue with this headphone at all. I find the Amiron Home to be the most comfortable headphone I have ever owned. If you do want to reduce the tension, you can though. Just take the headphone, and put it around the box. Leave it overnight for one or two nights around the box itself. It will stretch the headphone out and reduce the tension.

May 31, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #1,259 of 2,668
Hi DChris!

I'm sorry to hear your problem with your new cans, as my Amiron Homes are the most comfortable among my headphones.
If you are afraid of using your arms and gently stretching the headband, you can reduce the tension by using a thicker back-rest of a chair or stretching them out over their original box for a few nights.

May 31, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,260 of 2,668
Thanks for the quick reply's! It's just on my left side. It's been a problem my whole life. It's always just below the left ear that hurts. I'll give the box stretch a try. I love these things too much to not find some kind of solution.
In the past when I had the problem I'd stretch/bend the band outwards and it always worked but am kinda reluctant to do that with these expensive ones. I'll let y'all know how the box trick works out; thanks again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back