Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Mar 27, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #1,216 of 2,668
I'm thinking of getting another balanced cable from Triton Audio but for these (have Triton8 Hybrid for my Lyra II). That should actually probably fix my 300R issue, according to specs the 300R only does 75mw + 75mw and impedance up to 300ohm (250ohm for these) but balanced output does 150mw + 150mw up to 600ohm. If all goes right I should have the new cable in a week

Mar 28, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #1,217 of 2,668
A few beautiful photos of Amiron form my Cayin N5ii review :)

You can tell how beautiful Amiron is!

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_41.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_35.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_36.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_38.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_39.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_42.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_105.jpg

Mar 28, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #1,223 of 2,668
Triton cable being built by David as we speak. Should be shipped out by Friday and received middle of next week. Copper cable (that's what stock cable is made of and didn't want to pay extra for Silver) with 2.5mm balanced end.

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #1,224 of 2,668
I said it a few pages back, but will say it again. The Amiron Home is it for me for open back headphones. I am just not going to upgrade again to anything else. There is just no need to look further, once you get to this level. I have been getting so much enjoyment out of it. It was a great upgrade from my previous K712 Pro. The imaging, soundstage, detail retrieval, and musicality of the Amiron Home are just brilliant. I don't think this headphone can be beat for 600 US or less.

Mar 31, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #1,225 of 2,668
Lol, David does fast work. Got the cable already. High Gain on the 300R but the balanced cable works perfectly and sounds great, being balanced and able to take advantage of the double power compared to SE output really helps.

Mar 31, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #1,226 of 2,668
Been using the Amiron with the Massdrop CTH Amp, must say it sounds really good. For the price I find it hard to beat.

Apr 10, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #1,227 of 2,668
Recently bought the Amiron. Nice headphone. Somewhere in this thread someone suggested the T1 cable as an upgrade. Never was a believer in cable sound, but as I have the T1 at hand I exchanged cable. Subtle difference, but imho the amiron sounds a little bit more exciting with the T1 cable. Less soothing. Prefer it this way.

What do you think about a closed version of the amiron? Beyer discontinued the T70 as well as the home version of the DT770, leaving the T5p as the only closed phone in the home lineup. I would appreciate a less fun cousin to the DT1770 Pro.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #1,228 of 2,668
Apr 14, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #1,229 of 2,668
Recently bought the Amiron. Nice headphone. Somewhere in this thread someone suggested the T1 cable as an upgrade. Never was a believer in cable sound, but as I have the T1 at hand I exchanged cable. Subtle difference, but imho the amiron sounds a little bit more exciting with the T1 cable. Less soothing. Prefer it this way.

What do you think about a closed version of the amiron? Beyer discontinued the T70 as well as the home version of the DT770, leaving the T5p as the only closed phone in the home lineup. I would appreciate a less fun cousin to the DT1770 Pro.

End of last year I sold my Amiron home cause I needed a closed back solution. Comfort and sound was lovely with the amiron home but I decided that I didn't need it anymore (it can't compete with the hifiman edition x, but that headphone is ~ 2x an amiron home). I first bought a pair of DT1770, their sound is so upfront compared to the Amiron home which was something I liked at the start. Ended up selling them mostly because of an comfort issue; they hurted the top of my head and their upfront sound was a bit too much in the end. Now I've settled for the T5p cause I am still a sucker for the beyerdynamic house sound. The T5p is everything I searched for in a closed back headphone.
I'll keep a tab on the amiron closed back just to find out if they stay close to the Amiron home sound, but the whole bluetooth thing is something I could care less about though.

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #1,230 of 2,668
End of last year I sold my Amiron home cause I needed a closed back solution. Comfort and sound was lovely with the amiron home but I decided that I didn't need it anymore (it can't compete with the hifiman edition x, but that headphone is ~ 2x an amiron home). I first bought a pair of DT1770, their sound is so upfront compared to the Amiron home which was something I liked at the start. Ended up selling them mostly because of an comfort issue; they hurted the top of my head and their upfront sound was a bit too much in the end. Now I've settled for the T5p cause I am still a sucker for the beyerdynamic house sound. The T5p is everything I searched for in a closed back headphone.
I'll keep a tab on the amiron closed back just to find out if they stay close to the Amiron home sound, but the whole bluetooth thing is something I could care less about though.
I love both the amiron and the T5P. I mainly use the T5P for portable just because it’s easier to drive and closed, although the Amiron drives nicely with a chord mojo, and also with a Pono if you use a balanced cable
The amiron wireless would be interesting to me if I didn’t have the T5P just on cost, not because I care about wireless

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back