Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jul 8, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #886 of 2,669
Going to make a purchase in a few days and these were at the top of the list, still are but. This review goes against everything I have read here. He even says that Beyer confirmed what he was hearing, is how they sound ! If you guys would please watch said video and comment on it. I am not going to let one youtube video influence my decision but wanted people in this thread to see this.

I think he was listening to fake headphones:astonished:

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #887 of 2,669
Going to make a purchase in a few days and these were at the top of the list, still are but. This review goes against everything I have read here. He even says that Beyer confirmed what he was hearing, is how they sound ! If you guys would please watch said video and comment on it. I am not going to let one youtube video influence my decision but wanted people in this thread to see this.

maybe because of his eq profile?

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #888 of 2,669
What would be a real treble happy song suggestion that I could put on to see if its too sharp? Listening to "Trouble" by Coldplay right now through the Questyle CMA 600i and Amiron. I feel like treble extends, but (for my ears) it isn't sibilant... Ill keep bouncing around. Did he mention what amp/dac he used for the review? I stopped listening around the part that he talked about soundstaging

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #889 of 2,669
What would be a real treble happy song suggestion that I could put on to see if its too sharp? Listening to "Trouble" by Coldplay right now through the Questyle CMA 600i and Amiron. I feel like treble extends, but (for my ears) it isn't sibilant... Ill keep bouncing around. Did he mention what amp/dac he used for the review? I stopped listening around the part that he talked about soundstaging

My DAC can do MQA on Tidal and sadly I just want to add that all of Coldplay's albums sound pretty terrible. It's not an issue with track quality or gear, I think they're genuinely just mixed/produced badly. Just my 2 cents... I can't think of others off the top of my head.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #891 of 2,669
If I can handle the female vocals on Silver Swans - Forever...when the vocals kick in on House of Blood, then I know a headphone will not be too sharp for me.
Just listened to this and I don't hear it as sibilant. I have the HD800 plugged in as well, and its not sibilant to me either. (maybe I need to try to find a crappy amp to feed it ha!) I feel like tonally Maybe he just has really sensitive ears... Or the amp is just bright that he uses.

Edit: I do want to point out that listening to the Beyer DT880 with my buddy off his tube amp (of all things) was so sibilant to me it hurt my ears..... so after that moment (which was like, 4 years ago now?) i was weary of Beyerdynamic and thought a lot of their cans would hurt my ears. Not the case at all since I LOVE the T1v2, and the Amiron.

My DAC can do MQA on Tidal and sadly I just want to add that all of Coldplay's albums sound pretty terrible. It's not an issue with track quality or gear, I think they're genuinely just mixed/produced badly. Just my 2 cents... I can't think of others off the top of my head.
you feel this way about older Radiohead as well? because i think OK Computer sounds like trash cans and it upsets me. Thats a phenomenal album, and I think its poorly mastered :frowning2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #892 of 2,669

I could not relate to this video at all. How do we even know if these reviewers even hear properly? How do we know if we do? This one reminded me of when Z said my Fostex th500rp has NO bass, NO mids and NO treble. So...what??? Silence?

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #893 of 2,669
I think it's a schiit stack found it somewhere in the comments

Aug 6, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #894 of 2,669
Well I finally picked up a pair of Amiron. First time I put them on, I said "oh no, this is not going to work" Keep in mind I am coming from Senn hd650 Sony Z7 and Nighthawks as my main phones. I find all of these on the warm side. After giving them a chance, I do not find them bright, I find the clear. Bright sounding phones tend to make me squint my eyes, for some reason. No eye squinting with the Amiron. To be fair I listen to all phones in balanced mode, Emotiva erc-3 balanced cd player to Matrix hpa-3b balanced HP Amp. I had to listen to the amiron with stock cable in single mode. I do think I like these enough to go ahead and get a balanced cable for them.
This is my first pair of Beyer's, it makes me wonder if I missed anything by not going with the T1 ?

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #895 of 2,669
Well I finally picked up a pair of Amiron. First time I put them on, I said "oh no, this is not going to work" Keep in mind I am coming from Senn hd650 Sony Z7 and Nighthawks as my main phones. I find all of these on the warm side. After giving them a chance, I do not find them bright, I find the clear. Bright sounding phones tend to make me squint my eyes, for some reason. No eye squinting with the Amiron. To be fair I listen to all phones in balanced mode, Emotiva erc-3 balanced cd player to Matrix hpa-3b balanced HP Amp. I had to listen to the amiron with stock cable in single mode. I do think I like these enough to go ahead and get a balanced cable for them.
This is my first pair of Beyer's, it makes me wonder if I missed anything by not going with the T1 ?

What's your thoughts on the low end...do you think they can handle some EQ cleanly in the sub bass area? Eventually would like to add another headphone to the lineup...maybe the end of the year.
Bern

Aug 7, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #896 of 2,669
What's your thoughts on the low end...do you think they can handle some EQ cleanly in the sub bass area? Eventually would like to add another headphone to the lineup...maybe the end of the year.
Bern
I am going out on a limb, as I have not listened to them as much as my other HP's. My thoughts are they do not seem to have the mid bass hump that my other phones have. They have some nice sub-bass that seems to be very clean. I listened to this CD to get a feel for their bass. , the Amiron had great impact.
As far as being able to eq them with good results, I will leave that to someone else, as I use a cd player for almost all of my listening.

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #897 of 2,669

Thank-you for your thoughts ... I have HD650 as well and am looking for something not quite as warm for more critical listening. It seems, from what you're saying, the AMIRON is LESS warm than the HD650.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #898 of 2,669
Thank-you for your thoughts ... I have HD650 as well and am looking for something not quite as warm for more critical listening. It seems, from what you're saying, the AMIRON is LESS warm than the HD650.
The Amiron seems to be a little less warm with more clarity, without being bright. I look forward to spending more time with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back