Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Aug 7, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #901 of 2,669
Would also like to add the soundstage and imaging are very good on the Amiron. Better in my opinion than the Nighthawk and the
HD 650. I am able to hear pinpoint acoustic guitar even when electric guitar is the main instrument. Cymbals are heard very well without being overdone,drums have great impact. Genesis, Selling England by the Pound sounds great with these. Makes me wish Phil Collins had stayed a drummer !

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #902 of 2,669
any driver photo side by side with DT1990's? they might be the same driver, different enclosure

They look the same, but I personally found them to sound a little different after swapping them.

Would also like to add the soundstage and imaging are very good on the Amiron. Better in my opinion than the Nighthawk and the
HD 650. I am able to hear pinpoint acoustic guitar even when electric guitar is the main instrument. Cymbals are heard very well without being overdone,drums have great impact. Genesis, Selling England by the Pound sounds great with these. Makes me wish Phil Collins had stayed a drummer !

Glad you are enjoying the Amiron's, honestly great headphones that grew on me, I personally prefer them to the T1 despite the T1 having some strengths over the Amirons, the imaging on the T1 was something else, but the T1 was a little above my treble threshold and I don't find it's treble quite as clean as the Amirons. Note I am referring to the gen 2 T1 and my particular pair I owned. They are actually a bit bright in the mid-upper treble, but it's a very refined, clean, and ringing-free treble so I found it a non-issue. It's also very system dependent on how bright it can sound.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #903 of 2,669
i just sold my sony z1r as i don't listen to cans all that much (prefer versatility of iems or my naim muso for live music,
plus i don't feel comfortable spending more than 1k on cans)
but this all said i am seeking a replacement for when i do use cans
i have the senn 650s that i find somewhat boring.

i like a good soundstage with balance, details and and fab bass slam
(without being overly done).
..still doing more research on the amirons, but i like
their price point.

Aug 12, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #904 of 2,669
i just sold my sony z1r as i don't listen to cans all that much (prefer versatility of iems or my naim muso for live music,
plus i don't feel comfortable spending more than 1k on cans)
but this all said i am seeking a replacement for when i do use cans
i have the senn 650s that i find somewhat boring.

i like a good soundstage with balance, details and and fab bass slam
(without being overly done).
..still doing more research on the amirons, but i like
their price point.

Somehow I believe that a GOOD headphone is a transparent object between you and the music. The amiron home's do this imo. Other HPs can sound overly analytic focussing on the flaws instead of the music but the Amiron Home's are here to be ... well ... forgotten. It's you and the music, not the headphone.

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #905 of 2,669
The K812 is quite different, but honestly found the K240 Sextett and K1000 to sound very different from modern AKGs. The K1000 is amazing, especially when one corrects the FR response, it's a holy crap moment. I am very curious about the Mysphere 3.1 which is being designed by the K1000 engineer, if done right it could be the best dynamic headphone ever made, even surpassing the R10 and Utopia.
--------------------
1 / well they should be, having just announced pricing will vary
between (euros)$3500-4500...not for me at that price.
http://mysphere.at/
The details
The reservation of a MYSPHERE 3.1 comes neither at a cost, nor is it an obligation to purchase. The reservation of your MYSPHERE 3.1 is for the purpose of production allocation only. Before production commences, we will contact you and you may select your personalised specification of the product, or cancel the reservation without condition or obligation.

Depending on the specification selected and any specific taxes of your country, the price will range from € 3,500 to € 4,500. Full details of any pricing are included in our quotation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/ anyone compare the amiron to the AQ nightowls (not nighthawks)...have read very good things on the nightowls...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #906 of 2,669
This is my late comparison with the Amirons and 1990s. Amiron's had a more laid back, recessed and distant upper mids/highs. If you raise the volume too much, you do get some piercing highs imo despite the supposed dampening they added. Amiron was definitely more comfortable with a softer feel and looser clamp. As these headphones are intended to be laid back, I wouldn't recommend the Amirons if you're listening to energetic songs with vocals like in jpop, or even edm for that matter, but it was decent for a laid back sound experience with a great soundstage and detail. Beyer upfront advertised that the Amirons were successors to the T90s with "additional fabric in front", so you would need to keep that in mind.

Aug 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #907 of 2,669
I wouldn't recommend the Amirons if you're listening to energetic songs with vocals like in jpop, or even edm for that matter, but it was decent for a laid back sound experience with a great soundstage and detail.
I don't listen to those genres of music, however I do find them very good for alt/rock to classic rock and all variations in between. Out of the 6 pair of phones I have, the Amiron, Senn hd 650 and Nighthawks are the ones I listen to. I really need to sell the other 3, as they are not being used.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #908 of 2,669
IMG_0004.JPG Has anyone seen the fabric on the headband pulling out of the bracket that attaches to the yoke? This has started happening on both sides of mine after only a few months

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #909 of 2,669
Has anyone seen the fabric on the headband pulling out of the bracket that attaches to the yoke? This has started happening on both sides of mine after only a few months

mine's still intact, any idea how it happened?

Aug 27, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #912 of 2,669
Has anyone seen the fabric on the headband pulling out of the bracket that attaches to the yoke? This has started happening on both sides of mine after only a few months
Hmmm I'll try to check our demo unit when I can.... how many hours do you think you wear a week? Just trying to get a gauge of how much actual use

Sep 11, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #913 of 2,669
Question for Amiron Home owners:

I recently ordered it from Amazon. Inside of the box was a little dusty and there were white hairs (fabric?) on the carrying case and headphone. The headphone plugs were each surrounded by small zip bags like the ones holding screws when you order a computer case. Was this your experience as well? Just want to make sure it wasn't a return.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #914 of 2,669

I recently ordered it from Amazon. Inside of the box was a little dusty and there were white hairs (fabric?) on the carrying case and headphone. The headphone plugs were each surrounded by small zip bags like the ones holding screws when you order a computer case. Was this your experience as well? Just want to make sure it wasn't a return.

Hairs? That does not seem right. You could watch an unboxing video on youtube. The bags are pribably meant to be there. I can't remember. I don't trust amazon...I think they do sometimes pass off a return as new if they think it looks new.

Sep 11, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #915 of 2,669

I don't recall any hairs in the box when mine showed up, ordered from Guitar Center. Can't remember whether there were any plastic bags in the box either though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back