Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Aug 27, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #1,321 of 2,669
hello all,
i won the amiron (came from hifiman 400i) ,
i must say its have good mids and amazing male vocal ..but It lack of punchy sound.

I miss the emphasis of drums, guitars,deep resolution and warm bass, ... sounds very relax that make my sleep,

i think mayby replace to dt1990? mod?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #1,322 of 2,669
i must say its have good mids and amazing male vocal ..but It lack of punchy sound.

I miss the emphasis of drums, guitars,deep resolution and warm bass, ... sounds very relax that make my sleep,

Your ears hear very different than mine, as I hear all the things you don't. I don't own the dt1990 however things I have read leads me to believe they have more energy and brighter, so they may be perfect for you. Maybe someone else will chime in also.

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #1,323 of 2,669
hello all,
i won the amiron (came from hifiman 400i) ,

How many hours of use do you have on the Amiron ? The reason you are experiencing this "relaxed sound" is because out of the box, the Amiron is rather mid bass forward. It takes 50-60 hours for this headphone to be completely burned in. If you have less hours use on them than that, just leave them running for 24-48 hours straight with music playing through them. After that, give them another try. You will discover that they will offer a noticeable improvement after 50-60 hours use time.

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #1,324 of 2,669
How many hours of use do you have on the Amiron ? The reason you are experiencing this "relaxed sound" is because out of the box, the Amiron is rather mid bass forward. It takes 50-60 hours for this headphone to be completely burned in. If you have less hours use on them than that, just leave them running for 24-48 hours straight with music playing through them. After that, give them another try. You will discover that they will offer a noticeable improvement after 50-60 hours use time.

i thinking to return and get 1990 but if u sure i will make it burn-in as you say, thanks!
u know any mod to amiron ?

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,325 of 2,669
What kind of mods ? The only thing I have done with my Amiron is use that custom EQ set that I gave you before. In terms of modding the hardware, I would not do that to a 600 US headphone. Other than changing out the pads when they eventually get ruined, I am not willing to do anything else to this headphone, but that is just me.

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,327 of 2,669
Hello, just had a couple questions. I first owned the DT880 pro 250ohm a few years ago. Went to it from a Grado SR80 and while the Grado was very dynamic and nice mids the highs were overly aggressive and the lows took a nosedive after the midbass hump. The DT880 was very smooth top to bottom and was the best I heard at the time. The only flaw in the sound was a very minor issue with the mids if I paid attention, with like Cello and Violin and such. They were a bit thin/flat and lacking a bit of body. I suspect the the 600ohm version on a good tube amp like the Darkvoice might solve that. What I did like about the 250ohm is that I could run them off anything and the sound didnt change much but always sounded pretty good even from less than stellar sources. I dont have them anymore but a couple years ago I bought the T90 chrome editions. Right away my issue with the T90 was that it sounded like the whole treble region was elevated. I could listen to them but it was unnatural and very in your face. I have since been told that they are very sensitive to amplification and warm up and relax with an appropriate amp. Though I currently only have a modded Little Dot 1+ but I have gotten the T90's to sound pretty good with Audeze microsuede pads (unbelievable comfort) that bring the ear away from the driver. They now sound pretty darn good even if not perfect. How sensitive are the Amiron to various amps? Tube vs solid state? Also still trying to figure out how they may sound compared to the DT1990. Also how are the pads compared to the DT880? The DT880 stock pads were pretty darn good but I felt the stock T90 pads were thinner and less comfortable.

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #1,328 of 2,669
I never pulled off the pads, I wonder if the new Brainwavz Micro Suede would work and what changes they would bring

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #1,329 of 2,669
Hello, just had a couple questions. I first owned the DT880 pro 250ohm a few years ago. Went to it from a Grado SR80 and while the Grado was very dynamic and nice mids the highs were overly aggressive and the lows took a nosedive after the midbass hump. The DT880 was very smooth top to bottom and was the best I heard at the time. The only flaw in the sound was a very minor issue with the mids if I paid attention, with like Cello and Violin and such. They were a bit thin/flat and lacking a bit of body. I suspect the the 600ohm version on a good tube amp like the Darkvoice might solve that. What I did like about the 250ohm is that I could run them off anything and the sound didnt change much but always sounded pretty good even from less than stellar sources. I dont have them anymore but a couple years ago I bought the T90 chrome editions. Right away my issue with the T90 was that it sounded like the whole treble region was elevated. I could listen to them but it was unnatural and very in your face. I have since been told that they are very sensitive to amplification and warm up and relax with an appropriate amp. Though I currently only have a modded Little Dot 1+ but I have gotten the T90's to sound pretty good with Audeze microsuede pads (unbelievable comfort) that bring the ear away from the driver. They now sound pretty darn good even if not perfect. How sensitive are the Amiron to various amps? Tube vs solid state? Also still trying to figure out how they may sound compared to the DT1990. Also how are the pads compared to the DT880? The DT880 stock pads were pretty darn good but I felt the stock T90 pads were thinner and less comfortable.

I use my Amiron Home with a Darkvoice 336SE and an Audio GD R2R-11 combo. My expectations from a well established system should be lower then the average Head-fiers's, but this is all what I ever wanted from a good can/amp/dac chain. I can listen to and ENJOY music hours long without thinking about comfort, sound stage, timbre, mids, lows or highs, and I truly believe, all musicians are playing and singing to me...
I think, I'm not looking for side/upgrades in the foreseeable future.

And I didn't mentioned the best bonus of this system: if I want a different sound character, instead of changing expensive parts in my chain constantly, I can buy different driver or a power tubes from a few bucks.:)

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #1,330 of 2,669
I know for certain though that you will notice a great improvement once you have 50-60 hours use on the Amiron. Just leave them with music running at a good volume for 1-2 days.

i will do it.

again, i not like balance sound lol, i search for the punch, warm mid..same as hifiman 400i etc,

my setup is: rega ear and maverick d2 dac ..

Is there any point to upgrade the dac & amp ?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #1,331 of 2,669
Amiron Home has a slightly V shaped sound signature, which means somewhat emphasized lows and highs.
The mids are natural and warm enough for most of us and it works very well with acoustics and voice-heavy music genres.
If you are looking for a stronger or even warmer mid range, possibly The Amiron Home is not the best choice, but in this case the DT-1990 Pro won't fit the bill as well.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #1,332 of 2,669
i will do it.

again, i not like balance sound lol, i search for the punch, warm mid..same as hifiman 400i etc,

my setup is: rega ear and maverick d2 dac ..

Is there any point to upgrade the dac & amp ?

I have a Creative ZXR sound card as my DAC. It has all opamps upgraded to the Burson Audio V6 Vivid opamps. For my headphone amp, I have the Audio-GD C-2 (2017 Edition) headphone amp. This headphone amp is amazing. It has a massive amount of power, and a completely neutral sound signature. The bass is tight, defined, and quick in response. The soundstaging is slightly holographic in its character. Treble response is smooth, detailed, articulate, and without any harshness. It pairs amazingly well with the Amiron Home. The synergy with this headphone and amp combination is perfect. You can take a look at the amp at the link. It is not cheap, but it will last you for years. It has enough power to drive any headphone that exists. Any Amiron owner looking for an awesome amp to pair with this headphone should consider this one. Just look at the power output on this puppy. The amp is packed full of quality components, and you can't beat it for the price. With shipping, it is about 500 bucks US.

25 ohm: 9900MW
40 ohm: 8000MW
100 ohm: 3500MW
300 ohm: 1200MW
600 ohm: 600MW

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C22015/C22015EN.htm

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #1,334 of 2,669
One thing I will say is that based on what sound signature you are looking for, you may want to return the Amiron Home, and get yourself the Audioquest Nightowl instead. It has the warm, lush, deep sound that you are looking for. I also own this headphone, and I highly recommend it. It has soundstage, imaging, and separation between instruments that equal an open back headphone as well. When you listen to this headphone, you will be very surprised, as it literally sounds like an open back. It has a longer burn in period though than the Amiron. The Amiron reaches its peak in sound at 50-60 hours. The Nightowl reaches its peak at around 140-150 hours. The comfort on this headphone is also fantastic. It got a price drop from 700 US to 400 US about 6 months ago. You can't beat this headphone for 400.

https://www.amazon.com/AudioQuest-N...audioquest+nightowl&psc=1&smid=A3PKSUAVGUP5IE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back