Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jul 5, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,306 of 2,669
Damn, sorry to hear that. Post back here to let everyone know how this works out.
They replied back and offered to replace the headset. They’ll send the courier to pick them up and after receiving them, they’ll send a new pair back (once they restock). Will reply back here, once the new pair arrives (estimated 19.07.2018)

Jul 5, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #1,307 of 2,669
They replied back and offered to replace the headset. They’ll send the courier to pick them up and after receiving them, they’ll send a new pair back (once they restock). Will reply back here, once the new pair arrives (estimated 19.07.2018)

I think the courier should bring the new ones when they pick up these up. Such a long wait.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #1,308 of 2,669
Yeah, this DAP seems to be a good choice, but unfortunately, it can't play Deezer Hi-Fi on it... I use mostly streaming in CD quality.
Not sure if you are able to get it but the Radsone ES100 is a solid option as well.

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,309 of 2,669
I think the courier should bring the new ones when they pick up these up. Such a long wait.

I know, i hate the wait too! I was thinking about asking for a full refund and ordering from Thomann but their customer service has been on point, so far. I will ask them, though, how come i’ve received an used item. This is bugging me and shaking my trust in any retailer, regardless of its customer care or price practices.

Jul 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #1,310 of 2,669
I know, i hate the wait too! I was thinking about asking for a full refund and ordering from Thomann but their customer service has been on point, so far. I will ask them, though, how come i’ve received an used item. This is bugging me and shaking my trust in any retailer, regardless of its customer care or price practices.
I would agree your best recourse is to return for full refund and start anew. There is no reason you should pay full retail for a used product. Especially when they are advertised as new. Unacceptable in my book. Good luck, they are a great pair of headphones. Amazingly comfortable with a nice clear and slightly warm sound. I loved movies with them as the soundstage is delightful. I wish I would've held onto my pair. I sold in a moment of weakness. I will cross paths with them again soon.

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,311 of 2,669
So here’s an update on the whole situation (not final, though):
Initially, i was willing to wait for them to restock but after chatting with one of their customer supports, a refund seemed as a better idea. Today, the old, used pair should arrive ar their HQ and, surprisingly, so did the new stock.

I gave them another call and asked if they indeed have received them. They confirmed it and i asked if they could skip the whole refund process and just ship me a new pair (i have been told that an internal order was placed, especially for me, once the new stock arrived).

Again, they confirmed this to be true and if everything goes smoothly, they should ship them today and with a bit of luck (which is needed, with the whole floods happening around Europe), they could arrive Friday, the 13th (now the date doesn’t sound that good.. Friday, the 13th..)

I have never been given an answer to my question: why have i been sent a used pair. I did ask and repeat myself that they should send me another pair *only* if it’s new. The operator confirmed that it’s new and that it barely arrived from Beyerdynamic.

Somehow, their stellar customer support has kept me with them. I know i should be pissed as hell for what happened, initially, but their delivery times, politeness and willingness to adapt to, literally, everything i’ve asked for is nothing short of pleasing.

I will update once the new pair arrives. Hopefully, this time without any issues.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #1,313 of 2,669
Hope it all works out, sounds like they are working hard at fixing this situation, which they should.

Well, it seems i may have been in a rush to judge them. They still haven’t sent the new pair, yet. And this is considering the used one arrived yesterday, at 09:00 (straight to their central depot). I told the guy i spoke with that i’ll be leaving on vacation, next week and that if they can’t send them so they arrive this week, i’d rather wait till i return.

I re-inquired about the mishap, with the used pair i got. I got no answer whatsoever and truth be told, my patience has ran out. I’m both without money and the headphones, i’m pretty skeptical they’ll send them today.
If they won’t, i’ll just ask for a refund, enjoy the vacation and pause the audiophile urge.

Jul 13, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #1,314 of 2,669
Don't pause anything get your money back and go elsewhere. Hopefully soon you'll be back and enjoying music.:gs1000smile:

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,315 of 2,669
The saga continues;
I received the "new" pair from Muziker and things couldn't be more unsettling. First thing i noticed was another attempted hole, at the bottom of the box (identically to the one from the other pair). Probably has something to do with the distribution line? I'll take this as a mystery and continue. The serial number was older than the one of the pair i sent them back. I called them and asked if this is normal and they told me that this is what they received from Beyerdynamic and they swore that this is one of the three pairs that arrived last Wednesday (11th of July). Ok, be it, if Beyer sent them then there's nothing more to it. Upon opening the hard case, i found a string of dead grass inside -,-. Now i love these phones too much and will probably *not* send them back, i don't have any other options here, in my country and they're the closest retailer i could find, which sells them. I can't break up with them again, i need them. But i also won't close my eyes to this. I wrote to Beyerdynamic and asked them to shed some light into this, help me put my mind to ease. If they will confirm the serial number on my headphones as one of the three which they sent them then it's all said and done. I won't dig into it anymore and just enjoy the music.

Edit: It seems i forgot to press "post reply". I received an answer from Beyerdynamic and they confirmed the headphone has been shipped to the distributor in June. After contacting Muziker, they told me that their official distributor is *not* Beyerdynamic but someone else. So it seems that either the quality of their ear pads is really low or, somewhere in the chain of distribution, something has happened with them. Either way, i will keep them and order a new pair of ear pads.
Question: how hard is it to swap them? Any help?

Jul 20, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #1,316 of 2,669
Question: how hard is it to swap them? Any help?

It's not hard just take your time. The way I did it was trial and error. I pulled the pads off, then I discovered there is a black plastic ring that needs to come off too. Install the pads on this black plastic ring that I call a flange. It takes some effort to get the pads back on the ring/flange. They will fit, trust me. I'd do one at a time. Just take your time.
Once you have the pads on the plastic ring you are ready to reinstall the plastic ring, with pad on it, back on the headphones.
To reinstall, You need to align the plastic ring with the headphones when reinstalling them. From what I could tell they only snap back into place if you have the ring in the correct clocking/alignment. It does take a bit of pressure to get the flange to snap back into place but if it doesn't pop into place rotate until you get it aligned correctly.
Hope this helps you and good luck.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #1,317 of 2,669
Can't remember if it was in here or the ES100 thread but balanced the ES100 drives the Amiron with ease. Didn't even need to engage High Gain, though I did for fun and actually didn't notice a volume change which was a bit strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back