Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Nov 10, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #2,210 of 2,669
Hey guys, anyone have experience using the Amiron with the Impacto DAC (the small, portable one from Beyer?) I'm getting kind of a great sale deal on it, but wonder if I should just skip for something better instead?

Nov 11, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,212 of 2,669
Hey guys, anyone have experience using the Amiron with the Impacto DAC (the small, portable one from Beyer?) I'm getting kind of a great sale deal on it, but wonder if I should just skip for something better instead?
I tried the Impacto recently. Sounds nice enough and provides enough power. But you're exclusively limited to using the Amiron or other dual input headphones that are compatible with the supplied cables (the Sundara worked as an example).

The surface of the Impacto and the cables all have an annoying rubber coating that is a major dust magnet. It's a nightmare keeping these things looking clean and dust free.

I returned mine to Amazon (I had it for £90). I picked up a 2nd hand Chord Mojo instead.

Nov 15, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #2,213 of 2,669
I tried the Impacto recently. Sounds nice enough and provides enough power. But you're exclusively limited to using the Amiron or other dual input headphones that are compatible with the supplied cables (the Sundara worked as an example).

The surface of the Impacto and the cables all have an annoying rubber coating that is a major dust magnet. It's a nightmare keeping these things looking clean and dust free.

I returned mine to Amazon (I had it for £90). I picked up a 2nd hand Chord Mojo instead.
Thanks for the answer, I got it eventually since it is kind of stealth, the sound is decent-to-good and I'm not in any rush of getting any other headphones in a while (my next target is the Z1R, which works with the Impacto still anyway).

You're totally correct about the texture though. It’s definitely quite sticky, not a great material choice from a (supposedly) high-end product. Its price and portability sells me though, still a happy purchase.

Dec 8, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #2,215 of 2,669
Anyone know if the IFI Diablo pairs well with these? Also is balanced the way to go with these compared to regular 3.5mm?
Do you have the iFi Diablo or only the Amiron Home?

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #2,218 of 2,669
Hi all, currently I own the Tygr 300r but feel I want a better beyerdynamic set. I was looking at the Amiron home or the DT 177X Go. Can somebody please tell me how each of these compare ? Will they offer a significant sound improvement over the Tygrs?

For reference my set up is as follows:

Questyle CMA600i
Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box RS
Modhouse T60RP Argon’s, AKG K712pro, AudioQuest Nighthawks, Austrian Audio Ho-X65, Grado SR325e and the Tygr 300r.

Dec 12, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #2,219 of 2,669
Hi all, currently I own the Tygr 300r but feel I want a better beyerdynamic set. I was looking at the Amiron home or the DT 177X Go. Can somebody please tell me how each of these compare ? Will they offer a significant sound improvement over the Tygrs?

Questyle CMA600i
Modhouse T60RP Argon’s, AKG K712pro, AudioQuest Nighthawks, Austrian Audio Ho-X65, Grado SR325e and the Tygr 300r.
I own both the Tygr 300R and Amiron Home and they are really nice headphones to have. Different sound too.
You probably will like the Amiron Home too.

Dec 12, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #2,220 of 2,669

Questyle CMA600i
I was a big fan of my Amiron Home. I've owned most of the current day Beyers, including the 1990, 1770, 177X. The Amiron is my pick of the bunch. The 1990 is a bit too peaky, the Amiron isn't in comparison and is a much more enjoyable listen.

I preferred the 1770 to the 177X, I think the pads and filter material on the 1770 provide a clearer sound, the 1770 pads are different to the 177X. I found the 177X a bit muffled compared. If you prefer open back then I'd thoroughly recommend the Amiron. If you want closed back, go with the 1770 if you can. If you don't mind either, try the Amiron out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back