Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Oct 31, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #2,191 of 2,669
Ah, you're not the only one. A lot of people feel that HD600/650 are a reference for midrange but I think it's just wayyyyy too forward and together with the narrow soundstage it's so fatiguing to me. I was never able to listen to my HD650's for longer than an hour without getting absolutely tired of it. The way Beyer does midrange on the Dt880 for instance to me is much more balanced and closer to a neutral sound. But I had been used to Sennheisers for so long that when I heard the DT880 for the first time, I just couldn't believe how airy and spacious the sound was, it was an entirely new thing for me. I knew then that my music needed to have those qualities to some extent going forward.

I guess we all hear differently, to end with a platitude :wink:

Yeah I don't feel the HD 600/650 are the ideal midrange reference either. They are way too forward, especially in the upper mids (when I do FR sweeps they are notably too loud here compared to the rest of the frequencies) and they don't do it in a way I find engaging which hurts them even more for me. I just think Beyer does midrange better in general, they don't have the hard sounding mids the HD 600 and HD 650 tend to have. I don't think I've heard hard fatiguing mids on any Beyer I've owned even the incredibly midrange forward DT 480.

Same here. Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless, T5p.2 and Tygr 300R. I had the DT880 and 770 but had to sell them because no space.

So it was not me thinking the HD560S has a narrow soundstage. I had the same issues and then at some point I really got tired of it and got rid of it.
I thought the HD 560 S had a more narrow soundstage than the HD 650 and even the narrow sounding HD 600. I did not like the HD 560 S; found it lacked body, detail, irritating upper mids, it was, boring, etc. I found the HD 600/650 a bit too forward in the midrange as well, I always thought Beyer did midrange better. Senns some reason often have this annoying grittiness and hardness to their upper mids and treble that really fatigued me overtime. There are other headphones with forward mids that I prefer to the Senns, so I basically given up on them.

Oct 31, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #2,192 of 2,669
The Amiron Home is a special headphone. It does something that most other warmish sounding headphones are not capable of doing at the 500-600 dollar price level, and that is revealing detail. Many warm sounding headphones sacrifice detail retrieval. The Amiron excels at it, but does so without being harsh, piercing, or fatiguing at all in the treble. It allows for hours and hours of music enjoyment without overwhelming the listener. People will get years of enjoyment out of the headphone. Imaging and soundstage are also excellent on the Amiron. If you play video games as well, you should try it with the headphone. You will hear exactly where everything is located within the gaming environment.

Oct 31, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #2,193 of 2,669
Yeah I don't feel the HD 600/650 are the ideal midrange reference either. They are way too forward, especially in the upper mids (when I do FR sweeps they are notably too loud here compared to the rest of the frequencies) and they don't do it in a way I find engaging which hurts them even more for me. I just think Beyer does midrange better in general, they don't have the hard sounding mids the HD 600 and HD 650 tend to have. I don't think I've heard hard fatiguing mids on any Beyer I've owned even the incredibly midrange forward DT 480.

I thought the HD 560 S had a more narrow soundstage than the HD 650 and even the narrow sounding HD 600. I did not like the HD 560 S; found it lacked body, detail, irritating upper mids, it was, boring, etc. I found the HD 600/650 a bit too forward in the midrange as well, I always thought Beyer did midrange better. Senns some reason often have this annoying grittiness and hardness to their upper mids and treble that really fatigued me overtime. There are other headphones with forward mids that I prefer to the Senns, so I basically given up on them.
Yep, anything you described about the 560S, I could't agree more and, soundstage is damn narrow despites it's an openback.

The Amiron Home is a special headphone. It does something that most other warmish sounding headphones are not capable of doing at the 500-600 dollar price level, and that is revealing detail. Many warm sounding headphones sacrifice detail retrieval. The Amiron excels at it, but does so without being harsh, piercing, or fatiguing at all in the treble. It allows for hours and hours of music enjoyment without overwhelming the listener. People will get years of enjoyment out of the headphone. Imaging and soundstage are also excellent on the Amiron. If you play video games as well, you should try it with the headphone. You will hear exactly where everything is located within the gaming environment.
The thing is, the Amiron Home got a pretty boring design but the sound and the comfort is next level :p The Amiron Home is perfect for almost anything, well, for me it is. I hear the enemies in GTAO during Adversary modes when none of us can us so you had to hear. Me as a sneaky boogeyman climbed on top of a container and killed that lil turd because of the foot steps. I think it was one of the new adversary modes or halloween ones. This type of warm sounding signature is indeed special. But Amirons are pretty underrated.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #2,195 of 2,669

I'm tempted to retry these with that price. I didn't like these at all when I had them but I always wondered if the cable was the issue sound wise(swapped L & R and possibly other issues). I always thought it was surprisingly muddy for a high end set but I would like to know if a jacked up cable was the issue. A pad swap is also necessary on these going off of that pair, thin and stiff. Though the weight is great as is the headband.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,196 of 2,669
I'm tempted to retry these with that price. I didn't like these at all when I had them but I always wondered if the cable was the issue sound wise(swapped L & R and possibly other issues). I always thought it was surprisingly muddy for a high end set but I would like to know if a jacked up cable was the issue. A pad swap is also necessary on these going off of that pair, thin and stiff. Though the weight is great as is the headband.
Muddy? It's not Sony WH XM3. It's a warmer sounding headphone with great detailed bass extension. Something must have been wrong because it's definitely not muddy. The pads being thin and stiff is obvious because they're new and unused. One of the issues that people make when they're complaing about them. No, it's not. Their issue is they are impatience. The pads needs to be used a few days before they start to get more comfortable. I had this too on my X2HR, at first they were uncomfortable and later they get much more comfortable.

But one of the members here have applied the Black Velours pads for DT1990 without changing the sound signature. You could give it a try.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-amiron-home-the-new-t90.821567/page-125#post-15786006

Nov 3, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #2,197 of 2,669
Muddy? It's not Sony WH XM3. It's a warmer sounding headphone with great detailed bass extension. Something must have been wrong because it's definitely not muddy. The pads being thin and stiff is obvious because they're new and unused. One of the issues that people make when they're complaing about them. No, it's not. Their issue is they are impatience. The pads needs to be used a few days before they start to get more comfortable. I had this too on my X2HR, at first they were uncomfortable and later they get much more comfortable.

But one of the members here have applied the Black Velours pads for DT1990 without changing the sound signature. You could give it a try.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/beyerdynamic-amiron-home-the-new-t90.821567/page-125#post-15786006
Indeedy, the Beyerdynamic Balanced pads that are for the 1990 work very well. The balanced pads, not the analytical pads.

Nov 3, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #2,198 of 2,669
Indeedy, the Beyerdynamic Balanced pads that are for the 1990 work very well. The balanced pads, not the analytical pads.
Is it hard to replace earpads on the Amiron?

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #2,199 of 2,669

The X2 pads were a little stiff when I got them but still were better for me at first. It also helped that they didn't sit right on the pressure points of my jaw like the Amiron does. Breaking a pad in isn't going to magically increase the amount of padding. These are the worst stock pads I've used on over ear headphones apart from one other pair and I've tried many over the years. I don't have a problem replacing the pads as long as it's affordable (i.e. decent pads don't cost $100 like Focal) and easily done. There could have been some kind of impedance issue with the cable and unfortunately I didn't have another compatible cable to use at the time. I have no idea apart from that it wasn't assembled properly. I loved the weight of them and the headband was the best non-suspension headband I've used.

Nov 4, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #2,201 of 2,669
Hi guys. Сan not remove the retaining ring. How to remove speakers?

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back