Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Dec 22, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #2,043 of 2,667
Are there rumours of Beyer doing a refresh of the Home model? It seems to be generally sold out everywhere
Curious myself... Beyerdynamic Europe site states “Available soon”. But seeing how Beyerdynamic tends to go for the warmer, more bass pronounced sound signature of their new models (T1.3, all their Black Editions), I expect updated Amiron (when it’s released) to follow similar path… Therefore I’ve placed my order of the current version few weeks ago. I’m still awaiting delivery though, allegedly they are stuck somewhere on their way to reach UK.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #2,044 of 2,667
Curious myself... Beyerdynamic Europe site states “Available soon”. But seeing how Beyerdynamic tends to go for the warmer, more bass pronounced sound signature of their new models (T1.3, all their Black Editions), I expect updated Amiron (when it’s released) to follow similar path… Therefore I’ve placed my order of the current version few weeks ago. I’m still awaiting delivery though, allegedly they are stuck somewhere on their way to reach UK.

The interesting thing is that it seems to be sold out at most places in the EU as well, so I'm wondering if a refresh is imminent more inline with the T1 & T5 3rd gens too. It might make sense for them to do a refresh and position the Amiron Home as their main high impedance cans for home use (with T1 & T5 being more diverse due to lower ohm rating)

Also, where did you order it from out of interest? I'm thinking to order one as well incase the refresh, if it exists, has a low ohm rating.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #2,046 of 2,667
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #2,047 of 2,667
I really can't see an update to this coming any time soon. They're selling, they review well, there's no sense in it. All you're seeing is stock shortage, it's happened throughout the year for a variety of headphones. The Sundara was especially difficult to get earlier this summer, the DT 1990 was constantly selling out. You won't have long to wait.

Anyway, Hifonix is showing stock in the UK:

https://www.hifonix.co.uk/detail/beyerdynamic-amiron-home-open-back-headphones

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #2,048 of 2,667
I really can't see an update to this coming any time soon. They're selling, they review well, there's no sense in it. All you're seeing is stock shortage, it's happened throughout the year for a variety of headphones. The Sundara was especially difficult to get earlier this summer, the DT 1990 was constantly selling out. You won't have long to wait.

Anyway, Hifonix is showing stock in the UK:

https://www.hifonix.co.uk/detail/beyerdynamic-amiron-home-open-back-headphones

It's not in stock, it's only available to order - I spoke to them earlier and they're expecting stock to arrive in January (or whenever Boris sorts his crap out).

Also didn't realize these were that popular but look forward to when I can get a pair especially coming off an 80ohm 770

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #2,049 of 2,667
It's not in stock, it's only available to order - I spoke to them earlier and they're expecting stock to arrive in January (or whenever Boris sorts his crap out).

Also didn't realize these were that popular but look forward to when I can get a pair especially coming off an 80ohm 770
The 880 is quite similar. I thought of these like the 1880 when I trialled them side by side. That's just my opinion of course. They're a great headphone, like all Beyers they have a slightly aggressive nature at times, but nowhere as bad as some of the others. If I was only allowed to keep these and the Nighthawks out of my collection, I'd be a happy man.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #2,050 of 2,667
If I was only allowed to keep these and the Nighthawks out of my collection, I'd be a happy man.
I too have the Amiron and the original Nighthawk and several others. I could also be happy with just these two !

Dec 23, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #2,052 of 2,667
Hello everyone. I'm having the same issue that Dana Reed has where the fabric is pulling back from the sliders and exposing the foam, except mine is way worse and on both sliders. I have tried double sided tape multiple times but it never sticks properly and it's pulled back only hours later. So I'm wondering if there's any way to dissasemble the sliders in hopes of fixing it that way, but seeing as there are no screws like on the DT 1990 Pro sliders I don't know if it's possible opening the sliders non-destructively.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #2,053 of 2,667
I was wondering, I have seen two different types of packaging for the Amiron home, the first is the one with a white background and then I've seen one with which has a black background. Is there any reason for this difference - did Beyerdynamic update the packaging since the original release of the Amiron Home?

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #2,054 of 2,667
I was wondering, I have seen two different types of packaging for the Amiron home, the first is the one with a white background and then I've seen one with which has a black background. Is there any reason for this difference - did Beyerdynamic update the packaging since the original release of the Amiron Home?

I’m fairly certain they did because I recall seeing the lounging guy on the original box, and mine, which in purchased just about 6 weeks ago, did not have that.

C564B61A-54D9-4B01-82BB-719EA01FA7FB.jpeg

Attachments

• E9A7F3B8-6C14-473E-9966-49956B4F1940.jpeg
    E9A7F3B8-6C14-473E-9966-49956B4F1940.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Dec 23, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #2,055 of 2,667
I’m fairly certain they did because I recall seeing the lounging guy on the original box, and mine, which in purchased just about 6 weeks ago, did not have that.

C564B61A-54D9-4B01-82BB-719EA01FA7FB.jpeg

Seems like they changed the box three times, I believe it was white at first, then they have a black box, and then the white with orange bottom box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back