Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Jan 23, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #2,073 of 2,669
Just joined the Amiron club thanks to the Newegg discount, and to tell you the truth I had very low expectations of them.. But I'm blown away by how great and warm they sound. I had a lot of problem with the trebles on my 1990 Pro even though they sounded fantastic overall. Have only been listening to my Amirons for an hour or so but switching back and forth between them and my Clears, I very much agree with your comparison. I can't even feel Amirons on my head which is awesome since I'm somewhat sensitive to pressure especially clamp force because my of ginormous head haha

Any recommendations for balanced cables for them? Their connectors appear to be the same as Clears, and I have a set of aftermarket cable from Amazon with similar dual 3.5mm connectors but they're single ring as opposed to the Amirons' double-ring...

Not sure if this has been answered since I’m just now reading through this (just got my Amirons) but I plugged in the Hart cable I got for my Focals and it works perfectly.

Also ordered a pair of Dekoni Elite Velours from Amazon since the used pads that mine came with were flat, I really dig the Amirons with these pads! I actually have put my DT1990 and my Elex back on the shelf and haven’t stopped listening to these bad boys; they really are a little special. Shameless plug for an unaffiliated product:

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07JGWLN1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_9redGb7Q36SVV

the medium size fits perfectly, hopefully protects the sexy suede headband from my nasty head...

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #2,075 of 2,669
I ordered the Lavricables Master cable for my Beyerdynamic Amiron Home but they seemed to not fit :/

I've receiver the order and have to say it is an amazing cable, very high quality and very well made. The feel of it is also amazing and it is clearly a high quality product. Very soft and very little microphonics.

Sadly it doesn't fit my Amiron Home that I bought it for. It doesn't make contact and falls out regardless of me trying to jam it in.

IMG_20210123_150511.jpg

Although it almost fits, there seems to be a final bit that isnt wide enough. I've put the two cables behind each other and the Beyerdynamic cable is in deed in the front thinner. The Lavricables plug is about as wide as the hump on the Beyerdynamic cable. I've included some photos so that you can see.

IMG_20210123_150353.jpg

Does anyone here have this cable or experience with similar cables or connectors or any ideas on what to do?

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #2,076 of 2,669
Mine is coming very soon, and having experienced the cumbersome of long cable (I also have a pair of Aiwa with freaking 5 meter-un-detachable cable), I’ve also ordered a handmade 1,2m cable for it.

Both are on the way and I don’t think I can sleep very well till they are here LOL.

2FE5452D-525B-4A9F-8A9A-4048C311CBB6.jpeg

BTW any recommendation for a DAC/AMP to go with it? I‘m thinking of the micro iDSD Signature, but still quite open for any options in the price range.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #2,078 of 2,669
Amiron Home+K5Pro=Pure Joy

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #2,079 of 2,669
I took mine to work a few weeks ago and used them with my Fiio K5 Pro and it was a very enjoyable pairing :)

Amiron Home+K5Pro=Pure Joy

Interesting recommendation.

I’ve heard that the Amiron scales quite well with amp that have some juice (power). Haven’t heard the K5 Pro yet but if that’s an option then I can save quite a bit :d. Is the difference in a better amp worth it though?

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #2,080 of 2,669
Interesting recommendation.

I’ve heard that the Amiron scales quite well with amp that have some juice (power). Haven’t heard the K5 Pro yet but if that’s an option then I can save quite a bit :d. Is the difference in a better amp worth it though?
I had the Fiio E10K and while it can provide enough of power, the sound is pretty comparable to onboard audiochip on motherboard but a bit better. Upgrading to K5 Pro is huge upgrade and any headphone you'll use will sound awesome. You'll hear a lot of details. If I'm not mistaken, the K5 Pro is a dac/amp combo in one unit. Pretty handy if you need or want to save space on desktop. And the K5 Pro has a lot of juicy power! My DT880 250ohm which is very inefficient can get very loud and 600ohm headphones are no problem.

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #2,081 of 2,669
Hoping some Amiron owners could chip in and help me out here :)

Right now I own two cans: HD565 and HD580. And, you guessed it, I'm looking to upgrade!

What I love about these old Sennheisers is the warmth and musicality, but at the end of the day I just can't get over the soundstage. I'm actually starting to grasp the concept of the "3-blobs" at this point, especially with the 580's. Here the 565s actually perform notably better, but they lack body and refinement... So I'm debating getting the Amiron (and then perhaps sell one/both Senns).

I've read about 20 pages of this thread and you guys sure make them sound promising... but seeing as how I've just sold the DT880 250ohm Black Edition due to heavily recessed (and utterly lifeless) mids, I'm pretty insecure if these will actually fit the bill?

...I know, at the end of the day I'll just have to try them for myself. But maybe someone with a HD580 or DT880 could share their experience in the meantime. Would really appreciate it!

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,082 of 2,669

Right now I own two cans: HD565 and HD580. And, you guessed it, I'm looking to upgrade!

What I love about these old Sennheisers is the warmth and musicality, but at the end of the day I just can't get over the soundstage. I'm actually starting to grasp the concept of the "3-blobs" at this point, especially with the 580's. Here the 565s actually perform notably better, but they lack body and refinement... So I'm debating getting the Amiron (and then perhaps sell one/both Senns).

I've read about 20 pages of this thread and you guys sure make them sound promising... but seeing as how I've just sold the DT880 250ohm Black Edition due to heavily recessed (and utterly lifeless) mids, I'm pretty insecure if these will actually fit the bill?

...I know, at the end of the day I'll just have to try them for myself. But maybe someone with a HD580 or DT880 could share their experience in the meantime. Would really appreciate it!
I love my Amiron, I found it to be a nice upgrade from my HD650 when I got it a couple years ago. The HD650 still had better mids, although the Amiron gave me the rich/warm color of the Sennheiser with better bass extension and more sparkle up top. Have you ever tried the HD700? I know it's a controversial can for some, but it has many of the qualities of the Sennheiser models that you own, and greatly improves the soundstage. Also, it's extremely comfortable. The Amiron, to me, does not have a particularly impressive soundstage.

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #2,083 of 2,669
Thanks for the input @sacguy231 !
I have to admit that I just can't stand the look of the HD700. "A monstrosity" would be putting it lightly..

Haha sorry, I don't mean to sound superficial, but my dabblings with musical instruments have taught me that looks do matter as they can invite you to spend more time with said instrument or headphone :)

Anyway, the soundstage doesn't have to be HUGE. I could live with the DT880's soundstage I suppose, just not the cold and lifeless coloration.

To my ears the 580's are very (very) narrow. Deep, but narrow. I believe even the 650's are said to be a bit better?

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #2,084 of 2,669
Thanks for the input @sacguy231 !
I have to admit that I just can't stand the look of the HD700. "A monstrosity" would be putting it lightly..

Haha sorry, I don't mean to sound superficial, but my dabblings with musical instruments have taught me that looks do matter as they can invite you to spend more time with said instrument or headphone :)

Anyway, the soundstage doesn't have to be HUGE. I could live with the DT880's soundstage I suppose, just not the cold and lifeless coloration.

To my ears the 580's are very (very) narrow. Deep, but narrow. I believe even the 650's are said to be a bit better?
Understood, and I am totally the opposite because I love the way the HD700 looks! Haha. Yeah, I think the Amiron has a slightly more open soundstage than the HD650 if my memory serves me correct, but not as open as something like the HD700 or HD800.

Feb 18, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #2,085 of 2,669

I have 5 Beyerdynamic headphones and one of them is the....DT880 250ohm Black Edition! :D
The DT880 is a neutral headphone so maybe that's why you don't like it? Heck, I'm even planning to get the Tygr 300R and luckily it can be bought standalone.
I have the DT880 EQ'ed to tame down the highs a bit to tone down the sibilance and boy, the DT880 is superb! Keep in mind you'll need a powerfull dac/amp otherwise it will sound quiet (a lot). I use it with my Fiio K5 Pro. It may be heavily recessed but any detail is revealed. And I like how the vocals are in DT880 Amiron.H, love them both.

What I like about the Amiron Home is the cinematic audio. Like when watching movies or tv shows on Netflix, the Amiron Home is my first choice.

I have the Sennheiser HD560S and to be honest, I stopped using it the first 2 weeks when I received it. Soundstage is a bit narrow compared to all my other headphones and not just only Beyers. The HD560S is not a bad headphone, I just don't like it a lot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back