beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Nov 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #527 of 623
How do these compare against the Shure SRH940? I heard people saying they were both very similar, and that the T70p wasn't worth the extra money. Also, is the T70p good for rock and metal? Perhaps I can give it a bass boost if I find the bass a bit to lacking for rock/metal?

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #528 of 623
Hi guys,

Just adding my 2 cents.

I have the pleasure to own a T70p that I use with an Hisound audio Studio V. It's incredible as a combo.
Here are my comparisons to others cans I have owned / own so far

1. VS Sennheiser hd25 : Soundstage so much wider, better resolution and extension. sounds much clearer and more analytic
  1. VS Audio Technica ESw9 : Soundstage so much wider, better resolution and extension. sounds much clearer and more analytic. Better isolation
  2. VS Audio Technica ES10 : Soundstage wider, better resolution of bass and much tighter, sounds clearer and more analytic. Better isolation.
  3. VS Focal Spirit One : Soundstage wider, better extension of bass and trebles. Better resolution Less bass. Isolation is not as good.
  4. VS my Earsonics EM6 (IEM yeah I know, but sometimes ppl ask me) : Soundstage obvisouly much wider, less bass, more mediums and trebles, Isolation not nearly as good.
  5. VS my Beyer DT880 Pro : Soundstage a bit narrower but not too much. Level of bass relatively equal, less sparklings in high meds and trebles, resolution is equivalent and maybe better in the lower part of the spectrum
  6. VS Beyer T1 : Sounstage a lot narrover, more bass but less extension, and nos as tight. Resolution inferior, highs are more controlled and do not sparkle (explode?) as the T1
  7. VS my Stax SR007 (yeah nonsense I know, but sometimes ppl ask me) : It's a slaughter. soundstage narrower, less bass, less impact, less high, less ... everything :) ... excepted my stax is not portable :)

So in conclusion : It's an incredible device for the price, not as big as the shure 940, and with a great (fantastic) building quality. I'm a huge fan, and if you give a good player to your beyer (hifiman or colorfly or hisound whatever you feels like ...) you will be forced to admit that the T70p is a closed can that sounds ... juste like an open can, with tigh bass and controled high mids and a correct level of trebles.

Don't hesitate (if you can read french) to visit us @ www.tupperwav.com

Cheers

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #529 of 623
Can anyone comment on the isolation of the T70/T70p in general or compared to the DT 770 pro? I need a set of closed headphones for travel and have tested the DT 770's which I found had very good isolation. However, I prefer a more forward/lively and less boomy sound (my home pair is AKG K701s). I tried the K550s but they did not isolate well at all, even if I pressed them against my head for a better seal. I am thinking the T70s might be the answer...

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #530 of 623
T70s have very good isolation for velour padded headphones, but it's still velour.
If you replace T70 stock pads with EDT770S (Pleather pads for DT770) you'll get better isolation than normal velour padded DT770s.
and Pleather pads slightly improve T70's sound. I highly recommend you to use EDT770S for your T70s.

Jan 12, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #531 of 623
After todays buy of T70 i totally agree with Librarian and Rasums.

T70 are very different to DT770, in many aspects. I personally find them closer to T5 than to 770 or even 990 which has been compared also. After putting T70 on ears the sound became very airy. Very open. Very liquid. While DT770 sound very good, very nice but with 'need for more'.
More of my impressions here http://www.head-fi.org/t/645682/headphones-similar-to-rehdeko-speakers

How about rock music? Well I mostly listen to movie scores. But I have made a test with Metallica Black Album, and I is very unique that the heard details are like i feel I'm in studio. Sound is very very 'selectible', and for metal music it was always a problem to show this reach texture of sound (distortion ex), but here all is very very clear. Maybe the power of bass in not destroying as a bass-power at rock concerts, but... In natural life we do not often hear huge bass very often (except 3D cinemas)
Jazz concerts and simfonia has a bass very close to T5 T70 serie.

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #532 of 623
This impressed me for sure, they do sound very close to the T5p for half the price and just amazing with the A1 amp. Might be the synergy a lot of you missed.

I done a video review on it here:

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #533 of 623
[size=medium]I have both the Shure 940 and the T70. The T70 has a bit more sub bass that I can hear over the 940. The 940 is a bit brighter in sound as to the T70. The headband on the T70 is far better quality and much more conformable. The 940 headband creaks quite a bit and I feel that it will break some day. The external sound isolation of the T70 is terrific and depends on the head makeup and hair type. The only headphone I have on hand that has more isolation is my HD380 but has far more clamping pressure than the T70. The HD380 is slightly more portable to use. The T70 can play louder than the DT770. I have tried the DT990 which is very different in sound. I did not like the DT990 at all and returned them. [/size]

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #534 of 623
Quote:
Can anyone comment on the isolation of the T70/T70p in general or compared to the DT 770 pro? I need a set of closed headphones for travel and have tested the DT 770's which I found had very good isolation. However, I prefer a more forward/lively and less boomy sound (my home pair is AKG K701s). I tried the K550s but they did not isolate well at all, even if I pressed them against my head for a better seal. I am thinking the T70s might be the answer...

My home pair are also AKG K701s and I was also looking for something closed to use in an office environment.  I find the isolation to be pretty good, though these are my first closed headphones.

I got my T70s from Moon Audio, re-cabled for balanced for my Cypher Labs Solo -dB DAC & ALO Rx MK3-B combo.  Right out of the box I didn't like them at all, but after ten days of burn-in, I have to say I really, really like them -- they are getting more musical and developing a bit more bass (but not boomy).  They are pretty close in sound to the K701s, but not an exact match.  The detail & transparency are stunning, even compared to the K701s -- they occasionally present a passage from a very familiar recording in a totally new and surprising way.  Makes for very, very addictive listening!

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #535 of 623
Quote:
T70s have very good isolation for velour padded headphones, but it's still velour.
If you replace T70 stock pads with EDT770S (Pleather pads for DT770) you'll get better isolation than normal velour padded DT770s.
and Pleather pads slightly improve T70's sound. I highly recommend you to use EDT770S for your T70s.

This is funny.  When headphones come with velour people say swap with pleather they sound way better. When headphones come with pleather they say swap with velour they sound way better.

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #537 of 623
I noticed the big review of these on here sort of panned them as being not very good. However, price aside they seem to be fairly popular and well received.

I'm considering getting some for general use, music/movies/gaming, would they be good for this or should they be reserved for delicate studio type work instead?

I can get them (T70) for £250 ($400)~. They'd be connected to my PC with an adequate soundcard and amp.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #538 of 623
Sorry if I haven't found the answer in the thread, but how much does the T70p benefit from an amp? Obviously, not as much as the T70 but there has to be some enhancement. 

Also, any good recommendations for very portable/budget headphone amps for them? <$300 

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #539 of 623
Posted this in the deals thread, but it got buried quickly. T70 for $349: http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=81342&vpn=714356&manufacture=Beyerdynamic&promoid=1284 Deal ends 11/28

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #540 of 623
  Sorry if I haven't found the answer in the thread, but how much does the T70p benefit from an amp? Obviously, not as much as the T70 but there has to be some enhancement. 

Also, any good recommendations for very portable/budget headphone amps for them? <$300 

The T70p are very responsive to any source. With a bad source they sound boring and with a great source they can sound very 3D and with high resolution. If you give the T70p an amplifier with plenty of current then they open up very much. I found that it was now much different from the T70 when amping them, they respond in the same way. If you like how the T70p sounds neutral and clean and just want to keep or even enhance the neutral, bright, punchy sound I can recommend the Meier Quickstep for the T70p. With the low impedance T70p (I am using it with T5p at the moment) is will compete with my desktop rig when driving 32 Ohm headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back