beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #196 of 623
I ordered a pair of T-70p today and already have a shipping confirmation. Hope to receive them before the weekend. It is from a shop in Germany via Ebay. Price is 449 €. As much as I like the DT-1350 as much I dislike the comfort they provide. You can never forget that you wear them. I know the T70p are a little big for portable use, but they will be very comfy. And the measurements Tyll provided look rather good in regards of precision and frequency response, just like the DT-1350.

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #198 of 623
Looks like my pair has shipped from Moon Audio. Hope to have it in a few days!

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #199 of 623
Quote:

Can't wait to hear what you think!

I'll definitely pick one of these up. But I wonder if the price will reduce after a few months. I'm not sure if it would though, Beyer seems pretty solid about their prices, unlike Sennhesier, AKG, Shure, and others; which seems to decrease the moment you buy them. If they were to stay at $580 for a good deal of time, I'd snatch them up pretty quick. If not, I'd wait and save "X" amount of money...

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #200 of 623
Does anyone think these will pair up well with a tube amp? i.e. LD MK IV SE

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #201 of 623

I think they would, since they seem to carry the same characteristics of the beyer house sound.

I hope they release updated stop-gaps for DT880/DT990 as well, since the only thing up from those is the T1, which is really like a super DT880 more than DT990..

Aug 24, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #202 of 623
I want to buy a pair of this HPs, can't wait for the reviews...
Also I'll buy a Bifrost and a Asgard... so that will make around USD 1,200.00
My wallet will suffer...  
atsmile.gif

Aug 24, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #203 of 623

Quote:

Judging solely on impedance, the T70 might, but the T70p probably wouldn't so much.  My guess is that the T70, at 250 ohms, would probably be about equally at home with SS, hybrid, OTL, or OTC tube amps.  With its lower 32 ohm impedance, the T70p probably wouldn't be best on an OTL tube amp; a SS, hybrid, or OTC tube amp seems like it would be a better choice for the portable model.

Aug 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #205 of 623

Quote:

Please let us know how it compares to the T1.

Aug 25, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #206 of 623
So, mine arrived today. First impressions are: more emphasis on the bass like the DT1350, but not too much. They seem to be very fast, as expected. The comfort is very good. The carrying case is ridiculous huge, no way that I will use it for traveling. Now them and I need some burn in and then I can post More statements on the sound.

Aug 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #207 of 623
Cool, I'm eager to hear some impressions. Possible first headphone purchase! I've been holding off on 600 ohm dt770 manufaktur to hear reviews on this guy. I wish the headband was leather! Does it seem durable, will it get dirty looking?

Aug 28, 2011 at 8:50 AM Post #209 of 623
So here are some statements about some of my favorite songs:
Burn in ca 60 hours now:
Source: Sony Walkman NWZ-A845
Headphone: Beyerdynamic T70p SNR: 01095
Eagles: Hotel California Live from Hell Freezes Over : very good controlled Drums, very detailed acoustic guitars and perfect vocals
Deep Purple Made in Japan live: The Mule: these drums are perfect! Ian Paice on the drums, yes! I know this from 1976 and I never heard it that perfect. very good separation of all the different drums he uses. Me playing air drums........being breathless....
Brian Bromberg Wood II: Blue Bossa: The acoustic bass is perfect deep, without being over-pronounced
Adele 21: Someone like you: The voice is perfect, me getting goosebumps....
Bob Dylan Blood on the Tracks: Shelter from the Storm Bob voice comes perfect then the harmonica cut through you .... love it...Same with The Times they are A-Changing
Bob Dylan Greatest Hits: Blowing in the Wind: Voice and harmonica perfect goosebumps granted
Pink Funhouse: Glitter in the Air the voice is perfect goosebumps....love this slightly broken voice feels like she is in front of me..
In general I have a lot of fun listening to my collection again and these cans discover details I did not hear before.
Again the DT-1350 has the same quality and other reviewers may find it more neutral, but I was always struggling with the discomfort wearing it. And that can be very annoying for me.
I can absolutely recommend these Headphones

Aug 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #210 of 623
My initial impressions of the T70 have been very positive. Still burning them in, but they have more transparency, and are more balanced than I was expecting. A nice combination! More later, but for sure these are a big step up over the DT770. Great isolation, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back