beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Aug 15, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #166 of 623
Indeed , planar drivers are typically a purely resistive load, their impedance does not vary with frequency like all dynamic driver headphones do.

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #167 of 623
I need help Fostex T50RP thunderpants versus T70, i need to decide fast :) . I wonder how the T70 soundstage is.. if it retain good imaging.. also what about sibilance and tizz in beyers? T50RP thunderpants seems to have smooth high and detailed midrange, strong and fast bass , soso sub bass. Soso comfort and i wonder how heavy... original model is 350g or something.. :) thx for helping also Koss ESP-950 and T1 are in my final choice. LCD2 also but im afraid of the weight..

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #169 of 623
I need help Fostex T50RP thunderpants versus T70, i need to decide fast :) . I wonder how the T70 soundstage is.. if it retain good imaging.. also what about sibilance and tizz in beyers? T50RP thunderpants seems to have smooth high and detailed midrange, strong and fast bass , soso sub bass. Soso comfort and i wonder how heavy... original model is 350g or something.. :) thx for helping also Koss ESP-950 and T1 are in my final choice. LCD2 also but im afraid of the weight..

same problem here. sound and comfort wise...Can't get open HP though.

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #170 of 623

Quote:
Also what is the problem with the DT48 graph. Most forums are saying the DT48 are very flat headphones.. yet the freq graph is complete mess..

Also impulse response of DT48 is totally different from LCD2 or T1 or T70

Well that's a good proof that subjective impressions aren't always validated by graphical studies. I'm wondering if our perception of "bright", "flat" or "warm" can be invariably related to a graph only. One example : a lot of people find the B&W P5 very warm to the point of being muffled. But when looking at the graph, the P5 actually has quite a strong emphasis in the upper midrange. It should then feel "bright", at least in the midrange. So IMHO there must be other parameters that perturbate the equation. Could, for example, the "slowness" of the p5 bias listeners into thinking they're warmer than they should ?

I only listened the DT-48 once and never found them to be very neutral actually. Maybe the setup I tried them on did not bring them to an ideal level of performance though.

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #172 of 623

Quote:
 I dont understand why the THD noise of the left driver is higher then the right driver.

It's called variance. They are not made by god, but by men and machines. Natural variance in units and measurements is normal.

Also, you get better answer to LCD-2 in a thread that is dedicated to LCD-2, not to T70/T70P.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #174 of 623

Quote:
It's called variance. They are not made by god, but by men and machines. Natural variance in units and measurements is normal.

Also, you get better answer to LCD-2 in a thread that is dedicated to LCD-2, not to T70/T70P.

Dont you think it could be bad driver matching or quality selection? so that one side doesnt have THD noise bump and the other yes...

Also im kinda tired of everybody on headfi always saying go to another topic for that headphone and this one stick to this headphone etc... What happens when you compare headphones??? If i want comparaison between T50RP thunderpants and T70 why cant i post here and on T50RP topics???

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #175 of 623

Quote:

I put my vote in for the thunderpants.... 

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #176 of 623
oh nice, I really like the fact that I can buy the T50rp now at low price and upgrade it later. This way i can already buy a good tube amp before doing the thunderpants mod.

For tube amp and preamp, do you think Lyr is as good as CSP2+. What good but cheap amp would you recommend for T50rp and T70.

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #178 of 623
 What sound do you want? If you want the lush-warmey-syrupy tube sound, don't go for the lyr. It's a hybrid. But if you want schiitloads ( :wink: ) of power and a more neutral sound, go for it. 

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #179 of 623
I really don't think any differences are going to be remotely audible. 

The differences I see there are at 90db, a spike after 1k and one after 2k ... the entire reading shows what will certainly be inaudible THD+noise.

The point is - if you can't hear that amount of THD+noise on left or right the slight variances make no difference. 

The T1, edition 8, RS1 all measure more THD+noise than the T70P and who honestly hears any distortion or noise on those headphones? I don't.

Aug 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #180 of 623
cant i have a warm syrupy neutral sound :) ..
I actually want neutral but with very good bass dynamics and textures.. and organic mids and perfect balance btw mid, low mid and bass. I hate when music is not a complete whole and frequency holes and bump at the wrong place disrupt that whole feeling..

i guess from what ive read the LCD2 rev2 with neutral matching amp is the sound im looking for but with another headphone and amp.. :)
Im afraid the sound leakage + weight of the LCD2 will render them mostly unusable 90% of the time. Thats why im looking at other options like thunderpants, T1, ESP-950 etc..

I like a touch of tube warm if needed by the headphone to tame some sibilance and also to give me those organic mids and macro details, but at the same time i will use my setup to mix so, the most neutral is the best.. I think i would like the lyr but i wonder how the CSP2 sound compare to it

Anybody have heard the lyr with Thunderpants or what about ESP-950, i dont understand the connector and if they would only work with stax amp and why

Users who are viewing this thread

Back