beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Sep 7, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #631 of 866
Hi Duncan - I hope you are well.

I continue to like the t50p - I think they're excellent for portable cans.  I wouldn't mind just a shade less mid-treble presence, but beyond that, there is a lot to like with these.

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #632 of 866
Hi Skylab,

I am okay thanks - hope all is good with you :)

I really truly hope that I haven't bought a lemon (for me, as I know that some on this thread think that they are brilliant...)

Either way... Looks like they're on the way (got shipping confirmation) to arrive tomorrow...

:) 

Sep 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #633 of 866

Hi Duncan

I'm currently considering these and the HD25i-II which I think I read you have - I'd really appreciate your thoughts on how they compare once you have them

Cheers

David

Quote:
Hi Skylab,

I really truly hope that I haven't bought a lemon (for me, as I know that some on this thread think that they are brilliant...)

Either way... Looks like they're on the way (got shipping confirmation) to arrive tomorrow...

Sep 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #634 of 866

X2, also I would really appreciate a comparison to the ath esw9!!
Quote:
Hi Duncan

I'm currently considering these and the HD25i-II which I think I read you have - I'd really appreciate your thoughts on how they compare once you have them

Cheers

David

Quote:
Hi Skylab,

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #635 of 866
The ESW9 and the T50P are complete opposite.  IIRC, the ESW9 are a lot warmer, bassier with more emphasis on the mids, it also have a very nice wood resonance.  While the T50P are brighter and more analytical with less bass and slight metal resonance.  The ESW9 are not as "fast" as the T50P but, it's quite adequate.  So, the T50P are "better" for faster music.  The ES9W are "better" for music like jazz vocals.  It's all matter of taste.  Both are great headphones.

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #638 of 866
Hrmm, what is your main music?  I ask this because both has their strength.  If budget is an issue, the ESW9 are great headphones and those cups too look pretty.  I will admit I do like the ESW9 but with all the hype around it I wasn't too impressed by it, I was expecting to be "wowed" by it.  But, I wasn't.  However, I do disregard the whole "ESW9 isn't good for fast music, like metal," but it did a good job no different than any other headphone I've heard.  Now, the T50P I knew about the mixed reviews but I when I heard them the first sound that came out of my mouth was "ooooooo," literally.  But, again the road was rocky to acknowledge that the T50P would be keepers.  Though, in the end it would be hard to choose, even for me.  I was suckered in by the whole "tesla" technology and I wanted either the ESW10jpn or the T50P and whatever deal came first I would take one and leave the other. 

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #640 of 866
Well,

My parcel has turned up, but - being at work, cannot open it for another 5hrs...

Its going to be staring at me until then...

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #641 of 866
I could read through all the pages, but don't have time right now...

...I'm burning the T50p's in as I type, but - having had a brief listen, I really hope that the boxy / nasally coloration goes away with burn-in otherwise I won't be impressed...

...On the bright side, I like the bass :)

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #643 of 866
hehe dfkt...

You did indeed...

Nevermind, I'm sure i'll still end up with the FX700, such is my impulsive nature...

...On the bad side, I'm guessing how you said that, that the nasally nature will not improve with burn-in? :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #644 of 866
In the meantime the nasal nature of their sound only really bothers me with female vocals (or Jimmy Somerville), my brain somehow seemed to have tuned in to that and can work around it. The issues that changed to the better over time for me are their dynamics, punch, and the one-note midbass bloat. To my ears they've gotten "faster" over time. The thing I really like is their treble - I certainly don't find it too forward, as other people have stated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back